UPDATE: Dead Rising 1, 2, OtR coming on September 13 to PS4

smellslikejavier

Gaaah! Still haven't plat Dead Rising 2 and Off The Record on PS3. But if these two games get a remaster treatment for current-gen, I might get them. Definitely getting the original Dead Rising, since that game ain't available for any Playstation consoles/devices, it's only exclusive to Xbox 360. Well, the Wii did get a "remake" of Dead Rising, called "Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop" we don't talk about that game though... But anyways, the original game is my favorite Dead Rising game. Have played all Dead Rising games except the standalone games that only the Xbox 360 got, and PC maybe too? Would be cool if Dead Rising 3 also got released for the PS4, but I honestly wasn't too fond of that game. Definitely my least favorite Dead Rising game. Game took itself too serious once awhile, wasn't nowhere near as comical and silly fun as the previous games.

Edited by A Flopping Brawl3r
  • Like 1

I already said it on the other thread, but I'm looking forward to this. They're some of the best co-op games of last gen, and putting them on PS4 makes it more convenient to get people together and play it. Looking forward to it!  :)

That is pretty awesome, if they would announce Dead Rising 3 it would be even better :P

It would be better if capcom announce dead rising 3 on PS4 

You guys know Dead Rising 3 kind of sucks, right?  :P The previous games in the series are much better. DR3 takes itself way too seriously which isn't what Dead Rising is about at all.

• Like 1

I've never played a Deadrising game, but I might try it out when these come to PS. Is the time limit annoying in them? That's the only reason why I might not play them.

It might be the most annoying in the first game if it still only contains one save file that you can save your game progress at, meaning if you save at a progress in where you're low in health, or saved at a moment in where you are running out of time in reaching or just completing a Case (main missions) you might have to restart the whole game if you wanna complete the missions. You can keep playing after you fail a Case mission I think, but you basically will only be playing in Sandbox mode. But I'm sure they'll fix the Save System for the first game when it comes onto current-gen. Well, they better. In later games, you can make separate save files. And you can't save anywhere, there's Save Stations you got to visit. As for how the time limit works, eh, definitely gonna be tricky to get around to in your first playthrough. But when you level up your character, he'll be faster, stronger, etc. So you can complete side and main mission a lot faster, and will have time to spare and not have to worry much about the time limit, since Case mission have expiration dates. I think in real time, if you spend 5 minutes in-game, one hour in-game passes? Main goal of the game is to survive for 3 days until you're alleged in getting rescued. But there's missions you need to complete, and if you don't, *bam* Game Over, unless you either reload to a previous save, but if you saved at a point in where you will just keep getting a Game Over, then you ought to restart the whole game from the beginning. Yeah, sucks. But that only really happened with the first game, cause you only got to save in one save file only. Hopefully that ain't the case this time around.

Edited by A Flopping Brawl3r
  • Like 1

I already said it on the other thread, but I'm looking forward to this. They're some of the best co-op games of last gen, and putting them on PS4 makes it more convenient to get people together and play it. Looking forward to it!  :)

You guys know Dead Rising 3 kind of sucks, right?  :P The previous games in the series are much better. DR3 takes itself way too seriously which isn't what Dead Rising is about at all.

Hmm, i liked it though played it quite a bit on the PC.

No fucking thank you. DR2 Off the Record still stands as one of the most boring games I have ever played in my life. Can't imagine the other 2 being any better.

I liked the other 2 way more than Off the Record. I found myself the most bored with Off the Record. But I can't tell if you would still enjoy the other previous titles. The first Dead Rising is a lot different, seeing as how the games after it were obviously a big upgrade. Have you played the game solo, or in co-op? I haven't played co-op seriously, but I only see myself not being bored with Off the Record if playing with a good friend.

• Like 1

No fucking thank you. DR2 Off the Record still stands as one of the most boring games I have ever played in my life. Can't imagine the other 2 being any better.

from what i read the first one is the better one, all the sequels are just not as good as the first one.

the first game also has 6 different endings so it has replayability, don't know about all the other games.

this is just what i read on sites since i haven't played them yet, so i can't say if i agree with them or not.

Did you guys see that Capcom is pulling a Square Enix with Dead Rising 4, and releasing it 90 days later on Steam but 1 full year later on PS4?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dead-rising-4-is-a-timed-exclusive-for-xbox-one-an/1100-6440999/

yeah that has been known since a few days. and i believe is microsoft pulling a microsoft, since both capcom and square enix know that the ps4 is the most popular/best selling one and that they are losing many potential sales with the xbox one's timed exclusive agreements. if it wasn't for microsoft all of this games would have been on ps4 since day one.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

I liked the other 2 way more than Off the Record. I found myself the most bored with Off the Record. But I can't tell if you would still enjoy the other previous titles. The first Dead Rising is a lot different, seeing as how the games after it were obviously a big upgrade. Have you played the game solo, or in co-op? I haven't played co-op seriously, but I only see myself not being bored with Off the Record if playing with a good friend.

I played both. Co op was a bit better but still pretty boring. Not as bad as solo though.

I played both. Co op was a bit better but still pretty boring. Not as bad as solo though.

Well, Off the Record is just like Dead Rising 2, since everything is being re-used, only you play as a different character obviously, and the story changes quite a bit, even though it's literally the same in almost every way. And there's some new stuff added, like a new area, endings, and weapons along new bosses. But even if Off the Record adds a bunch of new shit, I always preferred Dead Rising 2, and had more fun with that one than with Off the Record, even though that game technically added a bunch of new stuff. I didn't even like taking pictures in that game, unlike the original one, since Frank is a photojournalist. Off the Record was honestly a quick cash-grab, admittedly. I still enjoyed it, but I already got bored of it in my first playthrough. If you willing to give a try, try and research on the first game, or of course, just play it yourself if you can.

All games after it are fairly similar. First one is too, but it's a bit more "realistic" compared to the other ones. Maybe you won't be bored if you find the game challenging, seeing as how there's no combining weapons. The AI is shit, though, and the saving system was horrible. Dunno if these will be fixed. Controls were a bit loose, too. But story was decent, there's several endings to go for, that offer a bit of variety in cause you want something new, rather than going through several playthroughs that only offer you the same shit over and over again, like Off the Record.

You probably will find yourself bored with Dead Rising 2 if Off the Record got you bored, but the first title in the series is its own different thing. Off the Record also felt weird to me though, I felt like you could be OP earlier than in Dead Rising 2, and I also found Off the Record boring cause, well, it's exactly like Dead Rising 2, so yeah, I reckon you may not be fond of Dead Rising 2, you'll probably be bored in a few hours. Well, definitely in your first playthrough at least. But first game offers quite a challenge, so maybe you won't be bored with it? Even though the game ain't perfect, and it has some flaws, so some challenges you probably won't appreciate, like the AI giving you trouble, if they don't get tweaked on current gen. And some people have stated it feels rather odd playing the first game when they already played the game sequels, that are obviously upgraded and offer more content in terms of gameplay. So yeah, at least look into the first game if you are willing to do so. Don't like that one, maybe the games ain't for you. Although Dead Rising 3 and 4 seem to be a whole nother thing on their own. Dead Rising 4 is a re-imagining I think.

• Like 1

Never did play or buy the first game on Xbox 360.
The only reason I never got it on 360 or Nintendo Wii since I was waiting to see if Dead Rising 1 was coming to PS3 at some point. 
But since it is coming to PS4 I'll probably get it then.
That I did like Dead Rising 2 quite a bit as well.
Kind of Hoping Dead Rising 3 comes to PS4 as well