UPDATE: Dead Rising 1, 2, OtR coming on September 13 to PS4

smellslikejavier

Isn't Off the Record and 2 basically the same game with a different character?

Yep. New area, some new weapons, bit of changes along the story elements that were presented in Dead Rising 2 are altered in Off the Record, so there's new endings, and some which are just slightly different from Dead Rising 2. Also new bosses, and of course, you play as Frank, from the original Dead Rising, and you get to shoot pictures with his camera. Aaaaand that's about it. There's also a sandbox mode, as in that you can select from the menu. It offers challenges, and you don't have to worry about completing missions, I think? Off the Record is a "What-if" game. You're reenacting the same events of Dead Rising 2, only you're playing as Frank who replaces Chuck.

Edited by A Flopping Brawl3r
  • Like 1

I think just 1 or 2 days ago I was saying that I would like to see DR2 and Off the Record on PS4, giving that we are getting the first one and I never got the chances to play those sequels on PS3.

So this is a must buy for me! hope they port DR3 at some point too :)

Already own and played both on my old PS3 so i won't get them both again but it's a great start for newcomers of the series.

I don't know why but i always disliked the original DR2 and when i played OTR i felt that THIS is how the vanilla game should have been from the start. The protag in DR2 was pretty lame and forgettable but Frank i had no problem with. I loved hearing his one-liners after certain boss battles which still crack me up to this day.

Edited by Oblivion

Hopefully these are all bundled together at a reasonable price. I'm only really intersted in DR 1 as i played the others already ut they were fun games.

Much more excited about MUA 1 and 2 coming espeically if we get the dlc for MUA 1 with hulk and magneto. Hopefully we get some other noteworthy xbox exclusives.

I really hope we get teh Left 4 Dead games i've always wanted to play those. Techu Z or the previous Witcher games would be great to.

fro

m what i read the first one is the better one, all the sequels are just not as good as the first one.

the first game also has 6 different endings so it has replayability, don't know about all the other games.

this is just what i read on sites since i haven't played them yet, so i can't say if i agree with them or not.

yeah that has been known since a few days. and i believe is microsoft pulling a microsoft, since both capcom and square enix know that the ps4 is the most popular/best selling one and that they are losing many potential sales with the xbox one's timed exclusive agreements. if it wasn't for microsoft all of this games would have been on ps4 since day one.

You overestimate the power of PlayStation, just be happy that these games are coming.

S05 died and that was a Sony exclusive.

I am Setsuna is dead on arrival and that's a Sony exclusive as well.

It's clear that deals like MS and Sony isn't working for both of them.

You overestimate the power of PlayStation, just be happy that these games are coming.

S05 died and that was a Sony exclusive.

I am Setsuna is dead on arrival and that's a Sony exclusive as well.

It's clear that deals like MS and Sony isn't working for both of them.

i said that they were losing potential sales by releasing it on a less successful console with that game, not that "they should only make exclusives for playstation since is the only console that sells well because is the most popular".

i haven't read that those games performed badly giving that i saw them reaching top 10 charts according to ps lifestyle's articles, but let's be real, both star ocean 5 and i am setsuna are japanese niche titles/genres and for that they don't sell a great amount of copies despite being exclusive or not (many of their kingdom hearts games are also PS-exclusive like the recent remasters and they are selling well because they appeal to western audiences with their disney and final fantasy characters), while games like tomb raider are from a more popular franchise that appeals to a larger audience, especially the western audience, and from what i read the tomb raider reboot sold better on ps3 than on xbox 360, maybe because is a franchise that is more associated with PS than on xbox since the first game came out on ps1 -among others- and the xbox didn't existed at that point, and so its fanbase is more prominent on PS. for those reasons i think they lost many potential sales with the exclusive agreement. hope they can recover them with this re-release.

Edited by smellslikejavier

very interested i just hope they are all on disc and not down load only. looking forward to finally playing part 1 and i actually preferred OtR to 2

Well Capcom recent PS4 remasters: Resident Evil 6, 5 and 4 are being released on both digital and on disc. I don't know if they will do the same with Dead Rising but I think they will, or at least they will release the three games in 1 box/disc and call it "Dead Rising Collection". That would be cool! :)

• Like 1

Well Capcom recent PS4 remasters: Resident Evil 6, 5 and 4 are being released on both digital and on disc. I don't know if they will do the same with Dead Rising but I think they will, or at least they will release the three games in 1 box/disc and call it "Dead Rising Collection". That would be cool! :)

that would be cool, id replay 2 and OtR, got some friends that would love that too. i am just glad i will finally be able to play part 1.

Can't say I liked DR2 in the end, average solo play, can't remember co-op too well as I just did what I needed to get the online trophies but that was probably the best bit.

The platinum was tedious and boring. Stand in every shop, eat all types of food, drink all types of drink, use all items, some only available at different times and after doing different missions (missable).

Even the thought of doing that again makes me shudder.

Getting a bit sick of seeing most of my games list now appearing on PS4 whilst the backlog I haven't started doesn't (trying to clear my backlog before buying a PS4). Hold on to your hats I'll be starting Fallout 3 / New Vegas around December this year. That will be the time Bethesda announce they're coming to PS4, same will be said of Mass Effect Trilogy

Edited by FawltyPowers

that would be cool, id replay 2 and OtR, got some friends that would love that too. i am just glad i will finally be able to play part 1.

Me too! although I haven't played any of them yet, always wanted to start with the first Dead Rising before playing the other ones (I like playing my games chronologically) so I was very happy to see its trophy list on PSNProfiles!

Are 2 and OtR good? I like how they all have multiple endings, love that! since it adds to the replay value :)

Me too! although I haven't played any of them yet, always wanted to start with the first Dead Rising before playing the other ones (I like playing my games chronologically) so I was very happy to see its trophy list on PSNProfiles!

Are 2 and OtR good? I like how they all have multiple endings, love that! since it adds to the replay value :)

i quite enjoyed them both myself. though i do like OtR a bit more but cannot put my finger on the "why". They are defiantly better in co-op with a friend but single player is a lot of fun too. Keep in mind this is coming from some one who actually hates sandbox games as they get VERY BORING VERY QUICKLY.

I just hope the 5 and 7 day survivor trophies do not require you to play for 14 hrs straight like on the box as not everyone can donate a full day to one game sitting.

i quite enjoyed them both myself. though i do like OtR a bit more but cannot put my finger on the "why". They are defiantly better in co-op with a friend but single player is a lot of fun too. Keep in mind this is coming from some one who actually hates sandbox games as they get VERY BORING VERY QUICKLY.

I just hope the 5 and 7 day survivor trophies do not require you to play for 14 hrs straight like on the box as not everyone can donate a full day to one game sitting.

Thanks! too bad we have to wait 2 months more to play them, I'm very excited to finally try this franchise :)

About the survivor trophies you're right, personally I don't play games for more than 3 or 4 hours since I don't want my PS4 to overheat, so 14 hours? no way. Maybe we could try leaving our PS4 into Rest Mode and resume playing the next day? although it seems pointless to waste electricity just to get a trophy.

Anyways, still looking forward to them even if I don't plat them! and guess I was right about getting a bundle with the three games! :D

Awesome news! I suppose it will be available via digital download via PSN store? Or will there be physical copies sold in stores too?

Any news on prices? any more than $30 each then I doubt I'll be getting em'.

To answer your questions, all Capcom's recent remasters: Resident Evil Remake, Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 6, Resident Evil 5 and soon Resident Evil 4 were all released via digital download on the PS Store at a $19.99 price tag and later all of them were released on disc (or in some cases, in the same day).

I suppose Capcom will follow this pattern for the three Dead Rising games too.

Edited by Finozzi1696

To answer your questions, all Capcom's recent remasters: Resident Evil Remake, Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 6, Resident Evil 5 and soon Resident Evil 4 were all released via digital download on the PS Store at a $19.99 price tag and later all of them were released on disc (or in some cases, in the same day).

I suppose Capcom will follow this pattern for the three Dead Rising games too.

I suppose that's for the US? Because the RE games have been $30 here. Doubt I'll be getting them now.

I suppose that's for the US? Because the RE games have been $30 here. Doubt I'll be getting them now.

Not only for the US, in EU all of them cost 19.99 euros too.

Where do you live?

In any case you could wait for a sale.

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

Australia, the ordinary retail game costs $100 here, so I guess it makes sense for it to be $30. Still though, I would've liked to get em'

Wow that's expensive. But like I said you can wait for a future sale and get them for half the price or even less, is not like they will cost $30 forever! ;)

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1