Capcom shipped less than a 100k copies of Street Fighter 5 from April to June

FlareXV

*snip*

You put too much faith in the E-scene like that could change the tides for games. Facts are already here and they say that SF5 is losing sales quickly. I do hope it picks up but if PC (Steam) community have left, it's up to the PS4 community to pick up the slack. The only way 5 is making 5 million sales is by careful discounting and selective marketing. If you believe this game will still make money near to MK capacity, all the power to you.  

Well Amazon is having a SALE for this game atm for $26.73 Physical, maybe that will help rack up some sales.

I'm still waiting for a digital though. The last SFV sale wasn't that great, I'd definitely grab it if it went for 26 digital.

The collection steelbook version is going for £24.99 in GAME. I can't believe the LE version is selling lower than the game on PSN lol.

Flare, don't even mention SFV XB1. Microsoft had their chance to scoop the game up and passed on it, thinking KI was their future. They definitely got the short end of the stick there.  xD

Didn't Oni go to Sony? I don't know how MS could have made a deal on SF5 if Oni went to Sony first. I also heard that Sony did a deal for Injustice to be only on PS4, lol. Anyway, it doesn't matter, the clearly superior KI will have MKX, I2 and T7 coming. It's good time to be a hybrid console owner. :P

You put too much faith in the E-scene like that could change the tides for games. Facts are already here and they say that SF5 is losing sales quickly. I do hope it picks up but if PC (Steam) community have left, it's up to the PS4 community to pick up the slack. The only way 5 is making 5 million sales is by careful discounting and selective marketing. If you believe this game will still make money near to MK capacity, all the power to you.  

The collection steelbook version is going for £24.99 in GAME. I can't believe the LE version is selling lower than the game on PSN lol.

Didn't Oni go to Sony? I don't know how MS could have made a deal on SF5 if Oni went to Sony first. I also heard that Sony did a deal for Injustice to be only on PS4, lol. Anyway, it doesn't matter, the clearly superior KI will have MKX, I2 and T7 coming. It's good time to be a hybrid console owner. :P

Street Fighter sales more than Mortal Kombat.....  all of the aforementioned games are trash except for Tekken...  SFV also needs an arcade version for Japan.  That really hurts them in that regard.

Edited by grimydawg

Street Fighter sales more than Mortal Kombat.....  all of the aforementioned games are trash except for Tekken...  SFV also needs an arcade version for Japan.  That really hurts them in that regard.

Mortal Kombat as a series past 39 million, SF as a series is on 38 million. The games I mention are not trash GDog, just because you don't like the doesn't make them trash. 

I said SF5 needs arcade but your boy Soultaker dismiss that and said that Japanese player only wanted it for the advantage and that SF4 didn't even break 1 million in the arcades (lol). 

Mortal Kombat as a series past 39 million, SF as a series is on 38 million. The games I mention are not trash GDog, just because you don't like the doesn't make them trash. 

I said SF5 needs arcade but your boy Soultaker dismiss that and said that Japanese player only wanted it for the advantage and that SF4 didn't even break 1 million in the arcades (lol). 

They're trash from a fundamental aspect, gameplay, etc.  Even SFV is bad in certain aspects...  Soultaker ain't my boy -_-  I've said why the game needs an arcade version for Japan.  The Japanese will have the advantage overall because they will actually share knowledge, help each other, etc.  They're also at an advantage geographically, but that's whatever.

They're trash from a fundamental aspect, gameplay, etc.  Even SFV is bad in certain aspects...  Soultaker ain't my boy -_-  I've said why the game needs an arcade version for Japan.  The Japanese will have the advantage overall because they will actually share knowledge, help each other, etc.  They're also at an advantage geographically, but that's whatever.

Well, Soultaker is trying to say otherwise. 

A Japanese player would always be at the top no matter what. I just don't get why ST was dismissing like it was a useless thing to do.

Soultaker ain't my boy -_-  

giphy.gif

Edited by FlareXV

1. They did try to revive Darkstalkers, remember Darkstalkers Resurrection? That was the test, if it sold well they were going to make a new one. As you may know it sold terribly so no new Darkstalkers game.
  2. Okami sold terribly (I'm pretty sure it still has not made it to 1 million units sold), you should already know about the Clover Studio story, and Ōkamiden sold even worse. Capcom doesn't have the money for vanity projects anymore.
  3. Dino Crisis 1 did okay as a in house RE clone, Dino Crisis 2 just barely made sold over 1 million units, every other Dino Crisis game sold terribly and was more or less hated.
  4. Ghost & Goblins sold okay, but the Maximo spin-offs did not, let see if the Maximo games get a PS2 to PS4 release to test the waters.
  5. Capcom does not own the Rival School characters, but since Karin is in SFV lets just wait and see what happens with that.
  6. God Hand see what I said about Okami.
  7. What kind of game do you think Sonson can be nowaday?
  8. A VR Haunting Ground/Clock Tower could pop up in the next few years.
  9. Phoenix Wright PS4 would be nice, but Nintendo may have that locked down. 

Then there was the case of DuckTales Remastered and new MegaMan games (and Mighty No. 9) etc.

I hope they do the right stuff with RE7 and that sells well. Hopefully not a lot of DLC garbage that kills people's interest.

I would purchase many of their Monster Hunter games had they released them on PS3 or PS4.... but they don't, so no money from me.

They might do another Dragon's Dogma, but I think that game got way more praise than it deserved.

They did a new Strider game, probably pretty cheap in comparison to RE6 and stuff, but they made it PS+, just like DuckTales Remastered.

I get why the Maximo games didn't sell all that well, because I got one of them, and didn't particularly like it all that much.

They also got Dead Rising, which they whore out as exclusive game.

Don't forget Onimusha! Still pissed that they haven't even gave that series no love at all! And here's the kicker: They didn't even FINISH the series!!! Never mind Nioh (it looks solid so don't get me wrong here), But I would LOVE for a reboot to the series, or even remasters with a new Omimusha game to boot.

Did you know that they've turned Onimusha into a flipping browser game? Eck.

I want my Onimusha HD Collection already. All four games.

I get why the Maximo games didn't sell all that well, because I got one of them, and didn't particularly like it all that much.

Yeah, the first game isn't particularly friendly... still adore the whole series though. Maximo 3 storyboards sent me into a frenzy when I first saw them... the quest to find Sophia went into a really interesting direction, and I would love to see the trilogy completed in that way... 

Monster Hunter is out of this world in terms of sales in Japan.

Capcom can live just from Monster Hunter alone.

It's funny because not too long ago I thought Monster Hunter and Lost Planet were made by a different company! Imagine my surprise when I found out that it was made by Capcom! :unsure: And the fact that Monster Hunter is almost unheard of here in the states! 

Edited by Xugashi

Monster Hunter is out of this world in terms of sales in Japan.

Capcom can live just from Monster Hunter alone.

But they need to start releasing the game on PS3 or PS4, and outside Japan etc. This is the kind of thing that makes Capcom lose a lot of money.

Why wouldn't I put faith in the Fighting game E-sport scene, I love it and it has grown so much in the last few years. How do you think the MOBA E-sport scene got so big, it's because people loved it and helped it grow. Your facts are based off of 6 months of sales and people complaining on the internet, you don't even have the after EVO sales number yet and even if you did SFV will be around for a long while so "data" and "facts" based on the first 6 months of sales are not reliable for sales projections. It's best to wait until February of next year to say whether or not SFV failed or not. Also since you keep bringing up MKX. Yes in its 1 and a half year run so far it sold 5 million units, but like all NetherRealm games it lacks the longevity to really take advantage of all those sales. Even though it's only been out a year and a half, its tournament scene is already dying (it's evo entrants numbers in 2015 were 1162, this year it was 707, that's a loss of over 400 people)

Well, Soultaker is trying to say otherwise. 

A Japanese player would always be at the top no matter what. I just don't get why ST was dismissing like it was a useless thing to do.

While capcom could release a arcade version I don't see why they would. Let's say they released the Urien patch as a arcade version why would anyone who has the PS4 version play it (besides liking the arcade atmosphere).

Due to the CPT the arcade version can not have a newer balance patch or any new character in it because that would split the player base. This situation happens all the time in the anime FGC, (mainly BB and GG) if the arcade version has a newer balance patch the JP players will play that version while everyone else has to wait for the console version. This gives the JP players a play time advantage. Which leads to a better understanding of the game. Which leads to JP players being more dominant at tournaments. You can see this in the GG EVO Top 8 (6 of the top 8 were from JP). How did this happen? Well GG revelator was out in JP arcades for 7 months before any other region could get their hands on it. The US and EU finally got their hands on it about 2 months before EVO. This is the arcade to console cycle I was talking about a few post back. I hate this cycle because it splits the player base and is one of the main reason the multiple version problem exists. As far as I can tell SFIV never ran into that problem (maybe during the AE patch), but I don't think capcom would risk something like that happening right now.

Also a few post back you were sad that GGxrd sign steam sales were low, well arcade to console cycle is to blame for that. Since revelator was on it's way and because there was no cross-play between PC and PS3/4 there was really no reason to play that version. Since SFV's PC version has cross play there will always a good reason for someone to buy it (as long as they don't fall into the multiple version problem). 

your boy Soultaker

I am no one's boy, and no one is my boy.

I have my opinion and grimydawg has his. If they happen to intersect at some point that fine and if don't that fine too.

But they need to start releasing the game on PS3 or PS4, and outside Japan etc. This is the kind of thing that makes Capcom lose a lot of money.

They were supposed to develop one for Sony.

But Sony somehow screwed things up so we have no MH now...

And outside Japan... well... hard to say. It's a karige, these aren't that popular among casual audience.

Plus, MH is not CoD or something like that, it's not that known :/

I would love another MH on Sony consoles, but Nintendo probably won't give it up so easily.