Capcom shipped less than a 100k copies of Street Fighter 5 from April to June

FlareXV

Capcom did their FY2016 Q1 report today and with that they updated their list of million sellers.

According to that less than 100k units of Street Fighter V were shipped on the whole quarter (that's from April 1st to June 30th), it shows it's LTD as 1.4m which is the same exact number they gave back in May.

Does this means the game stop selling entirely?

No, it just means Capcom barely shipped any copies, and that by June 30th they still haven't sold what they shipped by March 31st.

Capcom wanted to sell 2m units by March 31st.

Keep in mind this is well before Evo.

You can see data accurate as of June 30th here

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

And you can see data accurate as of March 31st here

https://web.archive.org/web/20160602...e/million.html

This sucks but what can we do? This is all on Capcom and I do fear that DR4 and RE7 may suffer the same fate. Like the post said, keep in mind that this before EVO and a spike could boost shipping numbers, but I doubt it would be a big spike to cause a big shipment. This post also includes digital numbers as well.

Source: NeoGAF via Okami - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1254126

Capcom is finished! Hopefully they'll sell their IP's to better companies before they go down the same route as Konami. Don't get me wrong, I want to support them but when they make shitty business plans then they deserve the backlash that they are getting. For starters, Street Fighter V had a very rocky launch with barely any content, still no daily challenges so that you can earn serious money so that you can buy the goodies at the shop because they're so damn pricy, and to top it off, premium costumes cost way too much! And then they had the gall to try and sell their CPT pack for 19.99 bucks, when people already paid for an incomplete game. I get the fact that we'll get updates for free and that all the premium stuff is entirely optional, but I don't think making it too pricy is gonna help them in the long run and people should also not have to wait so long for core content to come out! I'd rather wait an entire year for a somewhat finished product instead of a half assed one! -_-

Indeed. I say good as well. Capcom needs to do a 180. They release 1/2 a game and continue to charge for the rest of it? Fuck them. Each of these characters they are releasing on each update should be available right away to anybody who wants to download them. None of this, "oh, but you don't have to use real money, you can use in-game fight money" bullshit. Also, it isn't giving away anything free. Everybody already paid full price. Now they should give everybody the full game.

• Like 4

Indeed. I say good as well. Capcom needs to do a 180. They release 1/2 a game and continue to charge for the rest of it? Fuck them. Each of these characters they are releasing on each update should be available right away to anybody who wants to download them. None of this, "oh, but you don't have to use real money, you can use in-game fight money" bullshit. Also, it isn't giving away anything free. Everybody already paid full price. Now they should give everybody the full game.

Think we'll have to wait a few years before the full game dude! :unsure:

Capcom is finished! Hopefully they'll sell their IP's to better companies before they go down the same route as Konami.

I really like how you think Konami is in deep financial trouble and is on the verge of bankruptcy. Nah, they're doing just fine, don't worry.

As for the topic, the important thing is they tried! Oh no, they didn't. They shipped an incomplete game, cut out a ton of player favorites, and then nickle and dime their playerbase with a ton of DLC. That and after SF4 and the 3-4 versions it got, most people are waiting for the "Super Elite Whatever" version, even though they swore they wouldn't do that. But... They've lied so much in the past, I think everyone knows it's coming.

This sucks but what can we do? This is all on Capcom and I do fear that DR4 and RE7 may suffer the same fate. Like the post said, keep in mind that this before EVO and a spike could boost shipping numbers, but I doubt it would be a big spike to cause a big shipment. This post also includes digital numbers as well.

Source: NeoGAF via Okami - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1254126

Think the only games they have lined up are Resident Evil 2: Remake, Resident Evil 7, Dead Rising 4 and Deep Down? Still no love for Megaman, Devil May Cry or Dragon's Dogma I see... :(

I really like how you think Konami is in deep financial trouble and is on the verge of bankruptcy. Nah, they're doing just fine, don't worry.

As for the topic, the important thing is they tried! Oh no, they didn't. They shipped an incomplete game, cut out a ton of player favorites, and then nickle and dime their playerbase with a ton of DLC. That and after SF4 and the 3-4 versions it got, most people are waiting for the "Super Elite Whatever" version, even though they swore they wouldn't do that. But... They've lied so much in the past, I think everyone knows it's coming.

Didn't Konami go full pachinko? Correct me if I'm wrong! :P

• Like 1

Maybe they should release a complete game at launch next time.

Capcom: We could but that would be the right thing to do.

That Yugioh and Pachinko money, Lucky Konami. 

Think the only games they have lined up are Resident Evil 2: Remake, Resident Evil 7, Dead Rising 4 and Deep Down? Still no love for Megaman, Devil May Cry or Dragon's Dogma I see... :(

I don't think Deep Down exists, no new news is making me sketchy of its existence. There are rumors of a new Mega-man game based on the new cartoon, lol. The other two have been put on the back burner for now. 

• Like 1

They seemed to be experimenting with some really weird business model that centred around selling you the game with the bare minimum of content and releasing the rest of it later on. I mean when you think about it from a whacko businessman who only wants to make as much money as soon as possible without any regard for how the customer feels point of view it does seem like the logical progression from DLC, season passes and episodic content but thankfully seeing as this didn't seem to work out for them other companies won't try to jump on the bandwagon this time.

I don't understand the point of not using most of their IP's. I can name 5 that would make a profit for Capcom or Sega or really any other lazy company.

Totally agree with you. Even Indie Developers seem to outpace Sega and Capcom in certain areas of Game Development. 

Deep Down is supposed to be the spiritual sequel to Dragon's Dogma. I also believe they're working on Dragon's Dogma Online.

• Like 1

Totally agree with you. Even Indie Developers seem to outpace Sega and Capcom in certain areas of Game Development. 

I don't understand the point of not using most of their IP's. I can name 5 that would make a profit for Capcom or Sega or really any other lazy company.

So many IPs on the Capcom-Unity are listed as frozen, it's depressing.

The moment when it was said that Joe and Maximo went into the cryo-rest was awful. Folks were asking if they'll come back in the future, but the answer given was the damning "They are sleeping.". And it was a really, really long time ago. ... Some part of me is still waiting and hoping, no matter how stupid and hopeless that is.

• Like 1

Deep Down is supposed to be the spiritual sequel to Dragon's Dogma. I also believe they're working on Dragon's Dogma Online.

I would welcome a PS4 port of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen with the same perks as the PC version. And hopefully Dragon's Dogma: Online will hit the states soon, one can only hope because in my opinion, Dragon's Dogma was a superb game that nobody should overlook!

• Like 2

Their fault no one else's. For starters, they pulled that exclusive garbage like they did with Xbox for DR3/DR4. I'm pretty sure that pissed a bunch of people off. Then they went and had the balls to go and release a unfinished product and try to patch the rest in/make it DLC.

Maybe they should release a complete game at launch next time.

Nah, that would mean working properly.

Didn't Konami go full pachinko? Correct me if I'm wrong! :P

Pachinko == biggest money =D

And no, they still (apart from YGO as Flare mentioned) release PES.

That's more than enough to earn them moneeeezzz.

I also believe they're working on Dragon's Dogma Online.

Isn't that already out?

I saw it on JP store.

• Like 1

I hope this serves as a lesson to Capcom, or any "AAA" publishers, that releasing a half finished games isn't acceptable. Ah, who am I kidding? These publishers will always find new ways to get more money out of consumers for less content in their games. It's just how this industry works.

This is all on Capcom and I do fear that DR4 and RE7 may suffer the same fate.

Dead Rising 4 and Resident Evil 7 will be fine. The only reason why Street Fighter V sold so poorly was because it was an incomplete game. Why would anyone buy it at launch when most of the content is missing? Better to wait until they actually finish development.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 3

Capcom could produce new installments of Breath of Fire , Okami, Viewtful Joe , God Hand , Dino Crisis , Ghost n 'Goblins , Gargoyle's Quest and some more but nooooooooooo. Let's keep bringing the same franchises over and over cause that's is safe money like Street Fighter , Monster Hunter and Resident Evil until the cow goes dry .

As for SEGA i hold a special place for them in my heart but they have to bring back some of their fondest and forgotten franchises such as Nights , Jet Set Radio , Alex Kidd , Daytona USA, Virtua Cop, Otogi , Panzer Dragoon , Skies of Arcadia , Streets of Rage , ToeJam & Earl and so on .

• Like 2

Capcom could produce new installments of Breath of Fire , Okami, Viewtful Joe , God Hand , Dino Crisis , Ghost n 'Goblins , Gargoyle's Quest and some more but nooooooooooo. Let's keep bringing the same franchises over and over cause that's is safe money like Street Fighter , Monster Hunter and Resident Evil until the cow goes dry .

As for SEGA i hold a special place for them in my heart but they have to bring back some of their fondest and forgotten franchises such as Nights , Jet Set Radio , Alex Kidd , Daytona USA, Virtua Cop, Otogi , Panzer Dragoon , Skies of Arcadia , Streets of Rage , ToeJam & Earl and so on .

It's a shame they turned breath of fire into a mobile game that doesn't even resemble breath of fire

Nah, that would mean working properly.

Pachinko == biggest money =D

And no, they still (apart from YGO as Flare mentioned) release PES.

That's more than enough to earn them moneeeezzz.

Isn't that already out?

I saw it on JP store.

Dragon's Dogma: Online so far is only out in Japan, which is why I'm crossing fingers for a release here in the states! :)

I'm still waiting for Dino Crisis Capcom.  DO IT

• Like 1