LEGO STAR WARS DATA CORRUPTION

I was doing a resistance mission today to get a gold brick, and my data got totally corrupted. I had 85 percent of the game done, and I forgot to back up my save so it's all gone. I played the old lego star wars games, and never lost my data but for this game you have to back up your data on psn plus, or a usb. This is the last lego game I ever buy, but to anyone who bought this make sure to back up your data.

I was doing a resistance mission today to get a gold brick, and my data got totally corrupted. I had 85 percent of the game done, and I forgot to back up my save so it's all gone. I played the old lego star wars games, and never lost my data but for this game you have to back up your data on psn plus, or a usb. This is the last lego game I ever buy, but to anyone who bought this make sure to back up your data.

I recommend to also post a warning in the Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens guide comments with some specifics about which exact mission you were doing before the date corrupted. It might help some people and the guide writer could make a note of it in the guide.

• Like 1

I recommend to also post a warning in the Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens guide comments with some specifics about which exact mission you were doing before the date corrupted. It might help some people and the guide writer could make a note of it in the guide.

I think the guide writer should first confirm this with other players.

If it's just a rare occurrence, it shouldn't worry others in my opinion.

I just had lost all my data as well. Around 85% on completion of a First Order mission. Around 75% I got a couple of crashes and the game started to get more buggier after the initial crash. I started saying to myself "I should make a backup", well didn't do that. Back to square one :(.

Tbh you could do with adding a data corruption warning to all Lego game guides as they are notorious for it. For me it was Lego Batman 3 when I lost 60% of my progress. I backup every hour when playing Lego games now and its saved me twice since, Once for Jurassic park and then once for Lego Avengers. Fun little games but they certainly have their problems

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2016 at 2:29 PM, Grunking1212 said:

If you think that's bad I was at 99% last year and the game decided to corrupt itself as I was accepting the last mission. It was so infuriating. Thankfully I'm resilient so I completed the game and all the DLC over again in about a day or two and made a USB save backup this time.

• 2 years later...