PSN IDs: Resets, and Methods of accessing

Anticlimaax

Okay so supposedly the TOS is changing and stuff, making inactive accounts get removed and stuff, but what does this mean their usernames will go through? Will they be recycled and be able to be used by someone who will genuinely take care of it unlike the last contender, or will it just be thrown from existence? I'm simply curious on how things will go with all of this because there are some good usernames that I would take care of if I were given the chance in the future. What do you guys think will happen? 

Also, list any ways on accessing OGs or any inactive accounts, the last method I was informed of was simply calling sony and obtaining emails and then changing them. What are some newer methods? 

Okay so supposedly the TOS is changing and stuff, making inactive accounts get removed and stuff, but what does this mean their usernames will go through? Will they be recycled and be able to be used by someone who will genuinely take care of it unlike the last contender, or will it just be thrown from existence?

I would presume they will be available again.

But it's pretty ugly tactic, wouldn't you say?

If you take someone's username, how would the friends of that person know it's someone else?

Source for this info please? I have backup accounts I don't really use unless I'm testing a game and would hate for them to be deactivated because of a dick move by Sony.

Didn't MS do something similar with a bunch of old XBL accounts not long ago? Not saying it's right, just saying it's not only Sony.

Also, source or people will just think you're being a troll.

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/39998-psn-accounts-could-be-closed-down-after-24-months-of-inactivity/

• Like 1

Didn't MS do something similar with a bunch of old XBL accounts not long ago? Not saying it's right, just saying it's not only Sony.

Also, source or people will just think you're being a troll.

I guess the OP refers to this:

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/39998-psn-accounts-could-be-closed-down-after-24-months-of-inactivity/

But according to this statement, the ToS haven't changed in regards to inactive accounts:

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/39998-psn-accounts-could-be-closed-down-after-24-months-of-inactivity/#entry1063540

EDIT: :ninja:

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

Okay so supposedly the TOS is changing and stuff, making inactive accounts get removed and stuff, but what does this mean their usernames will go through? Will they be recycled and be able to be used by someone who will genuinely take care of it unlike the last contender, or will it just be thrown from existence? I'm simply curious on how things will go with all of this because there are some good usernames that I would take care of if I were given the chance in the future. What do you guys think will happen? 

Also, list any ways on accessing OGs or any inactive accounts, the last method I was informed of was simply calling sony and obtaining emails and then changing them. What are some newer methods? 

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/08/09/new-terms-of-service-allows-sony-to-deactivate-inactive-psn-accounts/

"This update to the ToS was first spotted on NeoGAF, but another user quickly pointed out that an update to the European ToS in 2009 stated that Sony would close accounts after 18 months. In reality, this latest update extends the time for inactive accounts."

Nothing *has* happened since 2009 with PSN. Only Microsoft has announced they are actually recycling gamertags over 5 years old.

So: Nothing will happen on PSN.

MFZB = Motherfucking Zoidberg?

Mother Fucking Zebrahead Bitch. It's the name of the fan club for the band Zebrahead, it later was adopted as their own abbreviation thing anyways.

Although I'm stealing Zoidberg as my own, and I'm gonna throw it up in the Facey group. Cheers.