Playstation Now

Totalcross3000

I have a question do games from bought from Playstation Now have trophies or no?

Yes but just a friendly warning, make sure your Internet provider has unlimited data if you're going to use PlayStation Now. Otherwise, you're going to discover real quick how much data it uses to stream games to you. I had PlayStation Now a few months ago, and within 5 days, almost 90% of my monthly data was used up. Might want to look into that first.

Yes but just a friendly warning, make sure your Internet provider has unlimited data if you're going to use PlayStation Now. Otherwise, you're going to discover real quick how much data it uses to stream games to you. I had PlayStation Now a few months ago, and within 5 days, almost 90% of my monthly data was used up. Might want to look into that first.

What is your data plan? It would add some much-needed context to your post.

My ISP just started "data capping" it's customers two years ago. It's annoying and I hate it. I get 250 GB of data a month. Sounds like alot, but I guess PlayStation Now uses up alot of juice. And if you exceed the monthly data cap, you'll get an overcharge that will build and build into a HUGE sum of money. 

I loved PlayStation Now, don't get me wrong. Having all those games available at anytime for just $20 bucks a month? Amazing deal. But "data capping" has recently become a thing amongst ISP's, to make more money. Data caps ruined PlayStation Now for me. :(

My ISP just started "data capping" it's customers two years ago. It's annoying and I hate it. I get 250 GB of data a month. Sounds like alot, but I guess PlayStation Now uses up alot of juice. And if you exceed the monthly data cap, you'll get an overcharge that will build and build into a HUGE sum of money. 

I loved PlayStation Now, don't get me wrong. Having all those games available at anytime for just $20 bucks a month? Amazing deal. But "data capping" has recently become a thing amongst ISP's, to make more money. Data caps ruined PlayStation Now for me. :(

If Data Caps roll out as more common through household ISPs (as opposed to mobile ISPs), it'll stifle digital distribution plans for video games as they grow in size. It's a Catch 22. I want the caps to draw attention to digital limitations, but I don't want caps on household data because they're stupid.

As long as things keep going how they are, those data caps are a huge limitation to anyone trying to do a digital-only console.

As far as data usage, it looks like PS Now averages about 10 mbps, so about 4 Gb per hour. That's only about 60 hours of PS Now gaming a month on a 250 Gb/month plan, assuming you don't use much internet for anything else.

Definitely something to be aware of.

The digital revolution is definitely being stifled. 

Wow. It burned 250 gigs in 5 days? Definitely something to think about.

As far as data usage, it looks like PS Now averages about 10 mbps, so about 4 Gb per hour. That's only about 60 hours of PS Now gaming a month on a 250 Gb/month plan, assuming you don't use much internet for anything else.

Definitely something to be aware of.

The digital revolution is definitely being stifled.

Thanks for the harder estimates.