PS Now and Dual-shock 4 adapter officially coming to PC.

FlareXV

i don't really care about this, we've been getting pretty much every previous pc exclusive and still keep getting every month, like among the sleep, surgeon simulator, dear esther, grow home, five nights at freddy upcoming console remake, gone home, grow up, amnesia's developers wants to bring it to ps4, white night, undertale will surely come to consoles soon, and a very long etc...

so if we're talking about exclusive stuff then pc is the platform that's constantly loosing exclusives every week/month.

also since this is just streaming they will have to buy a dualshock 4, have 5 mbps of internet connection and won't have the possibility to increase its graphics or framerate in any way, and they can't add mods to it. so in a sense all of them will become "console gamers" while playing them.

But we are not getting them because they are exclusives.

We get them because they are easy to port.

And frankly, I don't have anything against indies, but bunch of ~5 hours (excluding Amnesia, since that's not out yet) games for big PS hits? :/

Doesn't seem that fair... 

If we are talking about PC exclusives, we should get big guns. Heroes, Total War, Civ, MMORPGs etc... (don't be shocked guys, I actually quite like reading about games I will never play :awesome:)

Oh, and give me Pillars of Eternity.

I don't want to scare anyone but Wiki did say Sony may add PS4 games in the future. 

I thought they are already there?

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Okay, I think a lot of people are jumping the gun. Playstation WILL still be the definitive place at the moment to play PS exclusives. Sony isn't magically dropping their console line in the future. They just want to create a bigger pool of customers. I assume when they put up PS4 games, PC/PS3/TV/PS4 and Vita owners will still need PLUS for multi-player on those games.

I thought they are already there?

PS4 first party? That would be suicide at the current moment. 

I still dont understand that :/
- So, PS NOW is a platform we need to buy ? and now possible connect to PC ??
- We can buy each games, or just a subscription for month/year or something (like EA ACESS)??
- We need PS Plus to play ??
- There are all exclusives ??
- Its like a "Playstation" ?? For example, trophies, psn, and other things like that ??

- We can buy each games, or just a subscription for month/year or something (like EA ACESS)??

- Its like a "Playstation" ?? For example, trophies, psn, and other things like that ??

PS NOW is emulation that you don't own. It has the PS eco-system, so a person would have to create an account. They can earn trophies, send message (I think) just like a console based PS user could. If you have good internet and just want to play selected Sony exclusives (for now), PS NOW is a pretty good option for you. 

No, PS Now is a subscription service for streaming games.

Now you don't stream into PS4 but PC.

First and foremost, there is no PS Plus on PC (PC master race would riot if they had to pay for online :awesome:), second, they are PS3 games, they don't need PS+ to play.

If you mean PS Plus to actually play PS Now, obviously no. You pay for Now. They can't force you to pay 2 subscriptions.

Some are, some not.

Yea. If you decide to use your own account.

Thanks for help! So, we cant buy 1 or 2 games, we only can buy a subscription. Now, i got it! :D
I think its bad for playstation players, and sony maybe dont know that :/ Exclusives is what decides to buy the platform we want (in my opinion...). In this days, if the games comes out for pc (xbox and now ps), then the future will be only PC...

You can use DS4 even now. You need to download an utility that emulates it as a Xbox controller but it's working perfectly.

I know about using the Xbox 360 controller to play PC games, by it's the first time I've heard that you can use the DS4. I imagine it will be more comfortable to play with it compared to the 360 controller.

I know about using the Xbox 360 controller to play PC games, by it's the first time I've heard that you can use the DS4. I imagine it will be more comfortable to play with it compared to the 360 controller.

Yea, it's pretty awesome to play with the DS4 on PC :D

Anyway, here is the utility I mentioned. It's Windows-only, though. If you have Linux/Mac OS, you would need something else.

If you have Win, just download it and... that's all .D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Don't you miss the old days? When you just buy a consol and play without worrying about newer more powerful version of it

Um... you can do *exactly* this... right now. Millions of people do every year. Consoles don't stop working when a new one comes out.

And I'm not sure when you started playing games, but when SNES and 32x came out, people had exactly the same complaints. And that was almost 30 years ago.

• Like 1

If it does i'll buy it I hate having to go find a 360 controller to play pc games.

As I said, you can use DS4 now :D

Anyway, here is the utility I mentioned. It's Windows-only, though. If you have Linux/Mac OS, you would need something else.

With OS X one just needs to press the Share and PS button together to pair it with the Mac..  :D

http://osxdaily.com/2015/03/18/connect-playstation-4-controller-mac/

• Like 1

Ah, even better =D 

I suppose it is due to better Bluetooth? :D

Not really. The PS4 and DS4 use the old BT v2.1, which is supported by all newer BT version (I think my MBP has the v4.2). The difference is on the Unix drivers. It's the same reason why if you attach any Android phone via USB to a Mac it gets immediately recognised, no USB driver crap to install for each different phone.

For PC users the good news about this new dongle could be that with the dongle could come the drivers which will allow to recognise the DS4 from any PC with BT. Unless Sony played it tricky and made the drivers working only with its dongle to sell more of them. Which makes sense for the HW itself, but how the BT communicates the DS4 is at an higher abstract level, that should be compatible. But I bet someone will find a way to port them for all devices in case..  :)

• Like 1