Going to start Jak II...

AJ_Radio

There are several, objectively bad checkpoint placements. And no the rest of the game that is manageable is not "easy". Easy means no skill or effort is required at all. Moderate at the very least.

The guns are fine. The shotgun's range is great along with the reload, accuracy, hit reaction and so fourth. All of the guns are the same with their own unique aspect. The GUNS themselves are fine. How you use them will determine how useful/non-useful they are to you. They're are clearly some overwhelming enemies like the Metal Heads with the red-electric staffs and the giant 3/4 legged Metal Heads with the purple projectiles that in themselves were programmed to be difficult, making the bad gun point an illusion to you. I didn't say it would fix the issue, just that it'd make it greatly less noticeable, especially when you're playing the game and realize at times that if you had those extra 2 bars of health, you would have made it out of tough sections. More health would do wonders for Jak II's current checkpoint system.

Jak 3 also added more health. Oh, so it's lazy whether ND adds more health or more checkpoints, huh? So then what would be the not-lazy way then?

It's not luck based because one incident can screw you over, especially when you can actually catch up. And yes, you can catch up, unless you get into an incident that takes you 5+ secs to get out of, but then it also depends on the distance. Major screw ups later in the race (like the literal last area of the race) are where you'll be screwed.

The *buggies do not suck. 5/8 have balanced handling (which is the only complaints with the buggies). The other 3 only suck purely due to ONE aspect and that's there troublesome handling. Those buggies are just extra content you can fool around with anyway, the ones that actually pertain to the story and are needed for story missions (Tough Puppy, Sand Shark, Giga Stomper, Dune Hooper, and the blue one) are completely balanced. Now it doesn't seem so bad when you realize the filler/irrelevant vehicles control badly whereas the main and story related ones are completely fine, right? But then again you wouldn't know because you have your own experience whereas I actually tested all 8 vehicles extensively and have more vivid memory, especially since I replay the games every year.

Jak X refined the controls of the buggies from Jak 3 and made them appropriate for a (action) racing game. They did not suck, especially since their controls were based on buggy/car physics as opposed to karts. (So stop calling them karts. Karts weren't there concept.) Nice you're comparing a kart game to a game more fixed on buggie aspects. I guess I prefer Mario Kart over Need for Speed because it's the better "kart" game. "Ruin your PS2 memory card?" FIRST time i've heard that, the general complaint was usually that Jak X simply just could not save to your mc. Whether what you said was false information or a rare occurrence, that was not a common complaint.

Did I ever say I did? Im not speaking from just experience, im actually considering the design of the games. A lot of what im saying is objective facts. Being good enough to get through something that was poorly design doesn't mean a person who couldn't, suck, or that the game is fine. Millions of people beat CODW@W on Veteran, does that mean its balanced or that the mode was designed fairly because of that fact? No. (You're lucky I couldn't think of a better example, like maybe the original Sonic games, beating them and getting all 6/7 chaos emeralds.) Shooting isn't poor as I just said, and considering more things are to come from behind you in the Jak games (than Uncharted) it wasn't even that bad. Nice way to compare such distantly year released games. Yes learning curve, Ive played the games extensively and literally tested out most of the complained about things just to see if the complaints were justified (like the traffic in Jak II). Come to fine out a lot of irrational complaints come out of people outright sucking at the game/not knowing what they're talking about (such as complaining about majority of the buggies when more than half clearly are balanced, complaining about the aiming when I certainly have no problem aiming and killing targets efficiently and it's never inconsistent, complaining about platforming when Jak II still had plenty of it, and so fourth). When the zoomers, buggies, gun mechanics and so fourth doesn't hold your hand, they suck (general logic). I've tested each aspect of these games and nearly mastered them all (time away from the games makes me rusty). Checkpoints are flawed, guns are reliant on your personal skill level as opposed to being flawed like the checkpoints. That backwards complaint doesn't even make any sense, otherwise I can bash Dead Nation for its similar mechanics to Jak's shooting mechanics. (But that'll be different, somehow.. because it's not Jak, right?)

I mean I just said that. The guard complaint is based upon your experience and attentive skills. I have plenty of consistent experiences where hitting a guard or vehicle doesn't happen, because "dodging" is a thing. Switching hover zones is the easiest way to avoid this. See one on ground? Switch hover-zones. Likewise for air. This isn't Sonic the Hedgehog 2 where they are always consistently placed at near impossible angles to dodge them from. There is especially no excuse for this in the more open-styled environments (cause you can see clearly what's coming at you and what's in front or below you). Going full speed and expecting to avoid collision with guards is pretty pathetic. Its like complaining about a racing game having bad racing controls or level design because you cant make every turn at the high-speed you prefer going. For what Jak's games are about, they copied GTA pretty nicely actually. Jak is still part platforming.

You're really going to continue to spread that misleading nonsense after I just re-confirmed Jak 3 has no missable collectibles? Like really? The lack of overview menu for seeing how many orbs you got per area is probably a fair complaint, Jak's games stopped being collectathons after the first, so it wouldn't have made too much sense in the sequels. What other open-world games that aren't CTs you know did it like that? inFAMOUS, Just Cause, etc from what I've experienced had you finding out through a separate start/menu option (similar to Jak's Secrets and R3 mechanic where it actually tells you at least how many you have) as opposed to an over-world HUD (or whatever you'd called it). Issues with the skulls? Like what?? There's no total count, there indefinite collectibles and you can see how many you have via the load screen or pressing R3 (same with orbs).

Pfft, that's your opinion. A lot of the mini games are actually fun and challenging. Im not going to say anything more here because that opinion just doesn't make any sense. "Poorly done because I find it boring or too hard."

I never said the guns sucks. I said the gun play sucks, and I gave you one example of how it could be a bit better.

Yes, adding more lives and checkpoints to make up for problems with the battle system is the lazy route. It always is. See the Souls game as an example.

I said I had no issues with the check point system.... not that I just beat it, so your CODW@W analogy doesn't fit. I can't remember if Dead Nation is twin stick shooter or not, but according to you it isn't. I have a hard time believing this, because that is the kind of thing that completely breaks such a game, and I don't remember having any such issue with Dead nation.

Jak X sucked, just get over it already. Worst game ND has released, and I'm not the only one who thinks so, because it's their worst rated game by far as well. Jak X was a kart game. 1. You use karts/buggie (but let's be real buggies control ten times worse). 2. Vehicle combat using power ups.

Yes, Jak X ruined memory cards. In fact, I got a version of the game that does just this, and it did it to me. Luckily, I have some unauthorized third party tools, else it would have ruined some space on my memory card permanently.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Jak-and-Daxter-Series/Jak-X-Data-Corruption-Problem-How-to-Prevent-and-Fix-it/td-p/14404070

I have plenty of experiences of not hitting any guards too, but damned be when I do. And you know when I do? When I try to go fast! Either you gotta go slow and play safe, or you can go fast and way less safe. Do you really think I have any issues actually playing the game? That I need help with? I'm complaining about it being a chore going through the city because of them. I can make it safely in every way I want, and easily get away from guards when I do hit them, but it's a lot of extra hassle, a chore, and it often ends up going slower than just simply walking. Let's say you're roll jumping, well, while you're in the air, you got no control. If a guard happens to go into your landing range, you will hit the guard and you got them on your back. Yes, one can avoid this by only doing it what is clearly safe places, but these are comparably few when you're trying to just run through the city over and over. Again, this was just an attempt to mimic GTA3, and it was done rather poorly.

Misleading nonsense about collectibles in Jak 3??? The removal of the collectibles in the start menu was done purposefully, and the game just got a lot less fun playing because of it. I don't care if it's not done in some other game, doesn't make it better in this game. And the missables in Jak 2, f*** it. That's just an extra stab in the back.

Anyway, I highly recommend leaving some of the easy exploitable side-missions for last, because then you got that option.

Reasons:

1. Side-missions like the gun range just highlight how poorly the gun system works in this game, and will frustrate you to no end being mostly trial and error.
  2. You don't need to waste your time looking for some collectible you got no idea where you missed, because the game doesn't even tell you in what area this is.
  3. You may have missed some collectible that is missable.
  • Like 1

I never said the guns sucks. I said the gun play sucks, and I gave you one example of how it could be a bit better.

Yes, adding more lives and checkpoints to make up for problems with the battle system is the lazy route. It always is. See the Souls game as an example.

I said I had no issues with the check point system.... not that I just beat it, so your CODW@W analogy doesn't fit. I can't remember if Dead Nation is twin stick shooter or not, but according to you it isn't. I have a hard time believing this, because that is the kind of thing that completely breaks such a game, and I don't remember having any such issue with Dead nation.

Jak X sucked, just get over it already. Worst game ND has released, and I'm not the only one who thinks so, because it's their worst rated game by far as well. Jak X was a kart game. 1. You use karts/buggie (but let's be real buggies control ten times worse). 2. Vehicle combat using power ups.

Yes, Jak X ruined memory cards. In fact, I got a version of the game that does just this, and it did it to me. Luckily, I have some unauthorized third party tools, else it would have ruined some space on my memory card permanently.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Jak-and-Daxter-Series/Jak-X-Data-Corruption-Problem-How-to-Prevent-and-Fix-it/td-p/14404070

I have plenty of experiences of not hitting any guards too, but damned be when I do. And you know when I do? When I try to go fast! Either you gotta go slow and play safe, or you can go fast and way less safe. Do you really think I have any issues actually playing the game? That I need help with? I'm complaining about it being a chore going through the city because of them. I can make it safely in every way I want, and easily get away from guards when I do hit them, but it's a lot of extra hassle, a chore, and it often ends up going slower than just simply walking. Let's say you're roll jumping, well, while you're in the air, you got no control. If a guard happens to go into your landing range, you will hit the guard and you got them on your back. Yes, one can avoid this by only doing it what is clearly safe places, but these are comparably few when you're trying to just run through the city over and over. Again, this was just an attempt to mimic GTA3, and it was done rather poorly.

Misleading nonsense about collectibles in Jak 3??? The removal of the collectibles in the start menu was done purposefully, and the game just got a lot less fun playing because of it. I don't care if it's not done in some other game, doesn't make it better in this game. And the missables in Jak 2, f*** it. That's just an extra stab in the back.

Anyway, I highly recommend leaving some of the easy exploitable side-missions for last, because then you got that option.

Reasons:

1. Side-missions like the gun range just highlight how poorly the gun system works in this game, and will frustrate you to no end being mostly trial and error.
  2. You don't need to waste your time looking for some collectible you got no idea where you missed, because the game doesn't even tell you in what area this is.
  3. You may have missed some collectible that is missable.

That's essentially what I was talking about.

So adding more lives/health or more checkpoints (from a game that had fair amounts of poorly placed cps) is lazy? This leaves the option of what? (You still haven't told me.)

My analogy does fit as you mentioned how both your experience supported your argument and previously stated how the game isn't hard because you had no problem with it. Um, no, Dead Nation is a twin stick shooter, never said otherwise. Dead Nation does have a more staple shooting while walking backwards system, though.

Or you can get over the fact that it did not suck and that it clearly had better controls than Jak 3's overall racing mechanics. You keep trying to force down your opinions, it's funny. ND (Evan Wells) even explicitly stated in a Jak X interview how there goal with Jak X was not to do another kart racer but a more mature racing action style game. Your mentioning of "kart" is toxic, misleading, and downright stupid. He directly said how it would differ from a kart racer. Not every arcade racer is considered a kart racer (c'mon with that logic). Couldn't be anymore ignorant there. Except that part of those ratings came from Jak X's issues with the memory card. Jak is already considered ND's weakest series (which is funny), so can you really expect a non kart racing spinoff to score both better than the original platformers (especially in the era where the genre was famous) and be among one of ND's top games. Jak X is easily one of the most underrated games of all time: That MP (local, online), story, storytelling, graphics, cast of characters, character development, music, replay value, customization, variety (gameplay and customization), new game plus, amazingly designed tracks, multiple game modes (that exceed your typical 3 now a days), etc. Jak X had just about everything a top notch game needed.

It's also funny how you try to delude yourself and everyone else by constantly stating how you have no issues with anything in the game (which is also supported by you trying to downplay some of the game's aspects that makes it hard in certain areas), which sounds like BS. (Please post a video of you going through the entire game without dying at least 3 times.) It's evident by some of your complaints that you in-fact do have trouble in certain areas. Some complaints are fine, others aren't, which a lot of what you said weren't. Roll jumping into a guard... I can't even. Nah, it was done pretty well, it's just the concept mixing with Jak that made it weird. The concept and mesh is weird, but the actual system is obviously not not broken or unplayable, THUS it wasn't really done poorly. The traffic is among one of the few ideas from GTA that they done poorly though, which is not too bad considering the hover-zone mechanic (ND are never entirely stupid on all the bad decisions they make).

Wow, well then I guess Jak X had memory issues like that as well. Still wasn't as common as the not saving at all glitch however, and these glitches are legitimately irrelevant due to new copies without the issues having been sold. Living in the past and complaining about a non existent issue is going to have you losing credibility. Rating and judging a game based off fixed and irrelevant issue is clearly non-sense.

What point of Jak 3 does not have missable collectibles don't you understand? Stop arguing with a fact. Who the hell does this? I already consider the lack of a system telling you collectibles per AREA being one of the flaws of the sequels, however. A lot of games have missable collectibles, no need to overly bash Jak II for the single level it has that is not reachable after beating the game. At least Jak 3 has none.

I don't know why you're restating that. Gun system is fine if its consistent and works. If you know how to aim, you should be rewarded most of the time, regardless if the mechanics aren't like other 3rd person shooters. When I target something and shoot, there isn't this absurd recoil that messes with my accuracy and I tend to hit the target repeatedly until he dies without him touching me. And if he shoots back at me while im shooting him, I have enough time to dodge also.

I agree with saving the side missions for last, as you'll mostly know the city, and your skills through the game will allow you to better handle the missions. But the orb hunt missions SHOW you where the collectible is. Telling you would contradict the literal purpose of the *HUNT* mission. There concept is to find and hunt/search for them, so that's what you do. Doing the orb glitch all together disable a player's ability to see what else the game has to offer, including other side mission and mini games, NOT just the orb hunt missions. Some missions/mini games are actually fun, whether you agree or not. The orb *glitch should really only be a means of resorting to if you're not good enough to get all the orbs yourself and I guess maybe to avoid another PT of Jak II (if you really don't want to play the game again, so that exception I can accept. After all, it's pick-up-collectibles, but I generally don't accept using the orb glitch to avoid challenge-related collectibles).

Edited by Mar

I just started Jak II last week on the Vita and so far I can see exactly why people have such a negative view of it:

The camera - horrible

The vehicle controls- horrible

In-game explanation of controls - poor

I'm going to stick with it but so far, it doesn't make a good first impression.

• Like 1

That's essentially what I was talking about.

So adding more lives/health or more checkpoints (from a game that had fair amounts of poorly placed cps) is lazy? This leaves the option of what? (You still haven't told me.)

My analogy does fit as you mentioned how both your experience supported your argument and previously stated how the game isn't hard because you had no problem with it. Um, no, Dead Nation is a twin stick shooter, never said otherwise. Dead Nation does have a more staple shooting while walking backwards system, though.

Or you can get over the fact that it did not suck and that it clearly had better controls than Jak 3's overall racing mechanics. You keep trying to force down your opinions, it's funny. ND (Evan Wells) even explicitly stated in a Jak X interview how there goal with Jak X was not to do another kart racer but a more mature racing action style game. Your mentioning of "kart" is toxic, misleading, and downright stupid. He directly said how it would differ from a kart racer. Not every arcade racer is considered a kart racer (c'mon with that logic). Couldn't be anymore ignorant there. Except that part of those ratings came from Jak X's issues with the memory card. Jak is already considered ND's weakest series (which is funny), so can you really expect a non kart racing spinoff to score both better than the original platformers (especially in the era where the genre was famous) and be among one of ND's top games. Jak X is easily one of the most underrated games of all time: That MP (local, online), story, storytelling, graphics, cast of characters, character development, music, replay value, customization, variety (gameplay and customization), new game plus, amazingly designed tracks, multiple game modes (that exceed your typical 3 now a days), etc. Jak X had just about everything a top notch game needed.

It's also funny how you try to delude yourself and everyone else by constantly stating how you have no issues with anything in the game (which is also supported by you trying to downplay some of the game's aspects that makes it hard in certain areas), which sounds like BS. (Please post a video of you going through the entire game without dying at least 3 times.) It's evident by some of your complaints that you in-fact do have trouble in certain areas. Some complaints are fine, others aren't, which a lot of what you said weren't. Roll jumping into a guard... I can't even. Nah, it was done pretty well, it's just the concept mixing with Jak that made it weird. The concept and mesh is weird, but the actual system is obviously not not broken or unplayable, THUS it wasn't really done poorly. The traffic is among one of the few ideas from GTA that they done poorly though, which is not too bad considering the hover-zone mechanic (ND are never entirely stupid on all the bad decisions they make).

Wow, well then I guess Jak X had memory issues like that as well. Still wasn't as common as the not saving at all glitch however, and these glitches are legitimately irrelevant due to new copies without the issues having been sold. Living in the past and complaining about a non existent issue is going to have you losing credibility. Rating and judging a game based off fixed and irrelevant issue is clearly non-sense.

What point of Jak 3 does not have missable collectibles don't you understand? Stop arguing with a fact. Who the hell does this? I already consider the lack of a system telling you collectibles per AREA being one of the flaws of the sequels, however. A lot of games have missable collectibles, no need to overly bash Jak II for the single level it has that is not reachable after beating the game. At least Jak 3 has none.

I don't know why you're restating that. Gun system is fine if its consistent and works. If you know how to aim, you should be rewarded most of the time, regardless if the mechanics aren't like other 3rd person shooters. When I target something and shoot, there isn't this absurd recoil that messes with my accuracy and I tend to hit the target repeatedly until he dies without him touching me. And if he shoots back at me while im shooting him, I have enough time to dodge also.

I agree with saving the side missions for last, as you'll mostly know the city, and your skills through the game will allow you to better handle the missions. But the orb hunt missions SHOW you where the collectible is. Telling you would contradict the literal purpose of the *HUNT* mission. There concept is to find and hunt/search for them, so that's what you do. Doing the orb glitch all together disable a player's ability to see what else the game has to offer, including other side mission and mini games, NOT just the orb hunt missions. Some missions/mini games are actually fun, whether you agree or not. The orb hunt should really only be a means of resorting to if you're not good enough to get all the orbs yourself and I guess maybe to avoid another PT of Jak II (if you really don't want to play the game again, so that exception I can accept. After all, it's pick-up-collectibles, but I generally don't accept using the orb glitch to avoid challenge-related collectibles).

As I said before, fixing the problems that makes you feel the game needs more lives and checkpoints.

Your analogy doesn't fit, because Jak II and Jak 3 wasn't hard. I didn't just beat the game, I had no issues with the checkpoints. Just barely getting to the next checkpoint is usually a sign of how bad the game is, that you can't just get through it without needing the checkpoints. Adding more checkpoints or more lives isn't the solution, fixing the underlying problems are.

I said I don't like a thing in Jak II and 3, and you ask me why I don't hate on Dead Nation for it, when Dead Nation doesn't have that thing. In fact, it would have broken Dead Nation if they did what I complain Jak II and 3 doesn't do. The gun controls sucked in Jak II and 3. :P

Honestly, I think I might prefer Jak 3 "buggies" control over Jak X... Jak X was just an awful game for ND, I'd rate it like 6/10. I see you take my assessment of the game very personal. Did you work on it or something?

The first Jak game was pretty good, though, it had some small issues with camera, but that was it really. I was a big fan of ND back in the day. I got all their Crash Bandicoot games at launch. I even got this version of their first game:

PS1-CRASH-Bandicoot-Fat-Big-Box-Version-

I completely lost my interest after playing Jak II, and Jak III didn't make it any better. Knowing how much I disliked the kart in Jak III, I simply didn't get Jak X at launch. I have however played it through and 100% it etc, and yes, I had the bug, and yes, the game simply wasn't fun. The controls were awful, and that completely ruined the game. Bad controls = ruins the game. With bad controls, it doesn't matter how pretty it looks, how well it runs, how many modes it got, what the soundtrack is like etc etc. It's a game, and when your control of the gameplay suck, that makes the entire experience suck.

And if you want to compare it to things like Burnout, those are much better games IMO, but it's not in the same genre because of the power ups and combat etc. It's more like a kart game on crack.

Anyway, their lowest was Jak X by far, then Jak II followed by Jak 3. :P

ROFL, losing credibility when talking about how broken a bad game was because it was released long ago? It's not like the game had online patches or something... xD I think I will take my chances on that one! hahaha

As I've said before, with the exception of like two places, I didn't die more than once at any checkpoint. The other location I'm talking about is the place in Jak II where you get swarmed by guards on a small bridge above some water and gotta escape, somewhere in the city area. That portion didn't need any checkpoints.

Not not broken or unplayable? I guess!

You still arguing with yourself about Jak 3's missables? hahaha

If you want me to expand upon my initial comment about Jak 3... Some of the skull gems are missable, but you can get as many as you want at the end of the game, but that still doesn't remove the fact that you could miss some of the ones earlier in the game. :P

Telling you where the orbs are would not "literally contradict the hunt". It could say, you got 10 out of 200 in Haven or whatever the main city location is called. Same goes for the other big areas. Just to give some pointer as to where to look for the orbs and where you're done looking for them. It's a bit like in Spyro. You know there are X amount of gems in the level you're currently in, you still gotta find and earn 'em all. :P Spyro > Jak (even the first game)

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

I always thought Jak II was easy, once i read about it on the internet i was actually surprised to see so many people saying the game was too hard, i never noticed the bad checkpoint system because, well, if you don't die, you won't notice it.

However, i can understand how hard it can be for some, i don't think a lot of people know this, but the enemies in this game are programmed to have a better accurancy the more they miss, once there are a lot of enemies (i.e you failed to kill them fast enough), then they will rarely miss. This can be a huge problem on missions such as the one to use the Jet Board to destroy some equipment at the dig, in this mission you'll be faced against multiple guards who are all in the same room, the longer you take to finish the harder it'll get.

But i think one of the most (in)famous missions in Jak II is the one to get the seal piece from the slums, in this one you have to get from point A to point B without ever falling on the water (you're not even allowed to use the Jet Board on it) and multiple guards will be spawning on your way to point B. For this one i always used the Jet Board and just jumped through everyone (if you jump ON the enemies with the Jet Board you won't take any damage), but i've read of people trying to beat that mission by using weapons and punches and that for me takes too long and it's very risky. (even the mini ships that spawn guards can shoot at you!)

Is there anything I need to be wary about?

There is one thing, actually. Watch this video and you'll learn of a glitch that'll let you fly through missions and skip stages of missions or enemy spawns, etc. With this, you can pull this off (for example) which will help a lot if you're struggling, i've never got to use these when trophy hunting the PS3 and Vita versions because this hover glitch was only found sometime in 2014 after i had plat'd the games, but i did test them and it works on both versions. (Vita & PS3), although on Vita it's much harder to pull off. By the way, this glitch can be done on both Jak II and Jak 3 and you should only do it to skip to the end of a mission since most trophies are tied to finishing story missions.

Also, i definitely recommend doing the orb glitch once you're done with the story, after you finish the races with Erol (especially the one in the city itself), you will probably not want to race ever again in the game. I've only done both games 100% on the PS3 version, on the PS2 i always found boring to collect those orbs. (back then i'd just replay the games over and over again, maybe that's why i thought it was easy?)

I just started Jak II last week on the Vita and so far I can see exactly why people have such a negative view of it:

The camera - horrible

The vehicle controls- horrible

In-game explanation of controls - poor

I'm going to stick with it but so far, it doesn't make a good first impression.

And there you go. It's the worst version of the existing 3.

But i think one of the most (in)famous missions in Jak II is the one to get the seal piece from the slums, in this one you have to get from point A to point B without ever falling on the water (you're not even allowed to use the Jet Board on it) and multiple guards will be spawning on your way to point B. For this one i always used the Jet Board and just jumped through everyone (if you jump ON the enemies with the Jet Board you won't take any damage), but i've read of people trying to beat that mission by using weapons and punches and that for me takes too long and it's very risky. (even the mini ships that spawn guards can shoot at you!)

There is one thing, actually. Watch this video and you'll learn of a glitch that'll let you fly through missions and skip stages of missions or enemy spawns, etc. With this, you can pull this off (for example) which will help a lot if you're struggling, i've never got to use these when trophy hunting the PS3 and Vita versions because this hover glitch was only found sometime in 2014 after i had plat'd the games, but i did test them and it works on both versions. (Vita & PS3), although on Vita it's much harder to pull off. By the way, this glitch can be done on both Jak II and Jak 3 and you should only do it to skip to the end of a mission since most trophies are tied to finishing story missions.

Also, i definitely recommend doing the orb glitch once you're done with the story, after you finish the races with Erol (especially the one in the city itself), you will probably not want to race ever again in the game. I've only done both games 100% on the PS3 version, on the PS2 i always found boring to collect those orbs. (back then i'd just replay the games over and over again, maybe that's why i thought it was easy?)

This is false. Like every enemy in Jak II, you must perform a trick prior to hitting the enemy in order to negate (and apply) damage. Standard jumping, whether high or low, will result in you getting hurt (Jak II/3). And this should not be recommended to anyone who hasn't already beaten the game once or has good JET-Board skills. The JETboard is one of those more genius features where if you're really good with it, you can do amazing things (including Jetboard platforming), but if you're bad enough with it, you'd both avoid using it (along with calling it a bad feature/bad controls) and you simply will not be able to pull of task like you (and I can) during that specific mission. (Very huge learning curve and very high potential with the JB.) This doesn't even include the fact of the log board physics where jumping controls can feel unresponsive because you're not jumping at the right times, thus it again should not be recommended as at the very least the method requires skill.

(The JETboard, similar to the guns, and driving [almost like everything in the game], takes TIME to master and get good with, hence a lot of false negative points brung up with the game. Too many ppl base things off there first or first few tries without actually giving themselves time to work with anything. Seeing other flawed areas of the game will also encourage their mindset to assume other areas they suck at, are flawed to.)

You're promoting someone who hasn't both started the game NOR asked for a cheap easy way to get through a (great) game to do a glitch that would make the game no effort and would result in him missing out on the actual experience of the game. I have no respect for your post whatsoever. If a person is even struggling with a game, you shouldn't recommend him a broken glitch.. like you can't be serious. His question was alluding to glitches that can alter progression or mess with save data, difficulty spikes, ai problems, and things like that.

Yes, recommend him to do the orb glitch directly after finishing the story so we have another person with an invalid opinion talking about how bad the vehicle controls are because he never even remotely spent enough time with the game to actual form a valid opinion. And this doesn't even include how uninformed he'd be on other areas of the game which im not just talking about missions and mini games. He could learn other things via his post game exploration. Beat story then do Orb Glitch: Way to appreciate and treat a gem series, especially for a person who hasn't experienced the actual original series. Nice one.

As I said before, fixing the problems that makes you feel the game needs more lives and checkpoints.

Your analogy doesn't fit, because Jak II and Jak 3 wasn't hard. I didn't just beat the game, I had no issues with the checkpoints. Just barely getting to the next checkpoint is usually a sign of how bad the game is, that you can't just get through it without needing the checkpoints. Adding more checkpoints or more lives isn't the solution, fixing the underlying problems are.

I said I don't like a thing in Jak II and 3, and you ask me why I don't hate on Dead Nation for it, when Dead Nation doesn't have that thing. In fact, it would have broken Dead Nation if they did what I complain Jak II and 3 doesn't do. The gun controls sucked in Jak II and 3. :P

Honestly, I think I might prefer Jak 3 "buggies" control over Jak X... Jak X was just an awful game for ND, I'd rate it like 6/10. I see you take my assessment of the game very personal. Did you work on it or something?

The first Jak game was pretty good, though, it had some small issues with camera, but that was it really. I was a big fan of ND back in the day. I got all their Crash Bandicoot games at launch. I even got this version of their first game:

PS1-CRASH-Bandicoot-Fat-Big-Box-Version-

I completely lost my interest after playing Jak II, and Jak III didn't make it any better. Knowing how much I disliked the kart in Jak III, I simply didn't get Jak X at launch. I have however played it through and 100% it etc, and yes, I had the bug, and yes, the game simply wasn't fun. The controls were awful, and that completely ruined the game. Bad controls = ruins the game. With bad controls, it doesn't matter how pretty it looks, how well it runs, how many modes it got, what the soundtrack is like etc etc. It's a game, and when your control of the gameplay suck, that makes the entire experience suck.

And if you want to compare it to things like Burnout, those are much better games IMO, but it's not in the same genre because of the power ups and combat etc. It's more like a kart game on crack.

Anyway, their lowest was Jak X by far, then Jak II followed by Jak 3. :P

ROFL, losing credibility when talking about how broken a bad game was because it was released long ago? It's not like the game had online patches or something... xD I think I will take my chances on that one! hahaha

As I've said before, with the exception of like two places, I didn't die more than once at any checkpoint. The other location I'm talking about is the place in Jak II where you get swarmed by guards on a small bridge above some water and gotta escape, somewhere in the city area. That portion didn't need any checkpoints.

Not not broken or unplayable? I guess!

You still arguing with yourself about Jak 3's missables? hahaha

If you want me to expand upon my initial comment about Jak 3... Some of the skull gems are missable, but you can get as many as you want at the end of the game, but that still doesn't remove the fact that you could miss some of the ones earlier in the game. :P

Telling you where the orbs are would not "literally contradict the hunt". It could say, you got 10 out of 200 in Haven or whatever the main city location is called. Same goes for the other big areas. Just to give some pointer as to where to look for the orbs and where you're done looking for them. It's a bit like in Spyro. You know there are X amount of gems in the level you're currently in, you still gotta find and earn 'em all. :P Spyro > Jak (even the first game)

As I said, you still didn't state what would fix the problem.

Jak II was hard (at times) because of some bad game design decisions. Just like a single hard trophy can make a game where its other trophies are easy, hard, a-in-some-areas badly designed game can make a game hard. My analogy does fit, which is why I used it.

Dead Nation actually wasn't too good of an example, for the comparison I used it towards, so I take that one back. But no, you sucked in Jak II and Jak 3 when it came to gunplay. The gunplay mechanics were limited. Limited =/= (always) bad. The gunplay mechanics were limited because of no strafing and no actual 100% control of the direction you always want to shoot in. The mechanic itself wasn't bad enough to be considered bad though, that's my point, especially since you're not blatantly punished severely for the limited system. Majority of the time, it does its job. The gunplay itself tends to be more disadvantageous the farther away you are from the target, which hint hint, is how it usually is in games. 

This argument, as it was in the past, is pointless. That's your (terrible) opinion. Jak X was objectively not even remotely a bad game. I lol at your arrogant and stupid comment of a game being bad mostly because you feel the controls were subpar, when the game clearly has others of high quality elements. By your logic, Uncharted 1 is a bad game since its controls were bad. See how silly it is to claim a game is bad because of one area seeming bad in your eyes? It's not like the area was broken or bad enough to make the game unplayable, which is only then when a game's other praiseworthy areas pretty much become irrelevant. Anyways, general aspects like that hurt a game's overall rating, not pushes it down to the bottom and automatically makes it a bad game. Jak X is factually not a bad game, whether your god awfully, incredibly stubborn self disagrees or agrees. (Again) The Jak series is already rated as their weakest series (even with its mostly good ratings, and which I still find funny to this day considering the things it has accomplished for ND and what it has done for ND's life - including the Uncharted series - after the last game) so the series and any game from the series was destined to have weaker ratings regardless. That doesn't support your point. CTR doesn't surpass its platforming series either, again making your ("it scored poorly") point invalid.

And yet you keep calling it kart, making it obvious (alongside other patterns in your posts) you're intentionally trying to provoke me, and as in the past, have no interest in actually having a true discussion here. Doesn't help that you're biased either, constantly praising other platformers and showing your heavy dislike for Jak X and the first game's sequels (which are less like the platfomers back in the day). You don't like the modern Jak era, that's fine, you don't have to claim they're bad games because you dislike it. It's like the situation with Sonic all over again.

*When you suck at a game that's what ruins the experience for you and makes a good game appear like a bad game. (I go through this all the time but I actually stick around and also realize shortly that sucking at a game or anything like that doesn't mean it's bad.) I have 105+ hrs on the game, I know what i'm talking about. I know it's a good game and I know the controls aren't as you exaggerated them to be, which is one of the things about you, your consistent and constant exaggerations "this is bad, that is bad, it's bad", irrationally labeling everything you personally dislike or have an issue with as "bad". (You clearly don't even know what the word means.) You can't use nor label words correctly, being completely oblivious to what you're saying actually means. 

You keep passively aggressively (with all the tongue sticking and irrational disagreements) and ignorantly making all these misleading false claims. No, Jak 3 scored worse than Jak II and majority of the player base consistently claims Jak II to be the better game of the two (which is funny because most of this is based off the story, yet Jak 3's vastly superior gameplay does nothing for it), some even call it the best Jak game. Same for the first game except majority of these who claim the first game is better have that bias love for their older school platformer or hate the direction the sequels went in. Whereas the people who claim Jak II is better usually tend to have given all the games equal treatment and like the series as a whole. Too many single Jak 1 fans is why the first game is as overrated as it is.But it actually goes Jak 1, Jak II, Jak 3, then Jak X, ironically.

That's cool for you, but it doesn't change the FACT that Jak II had a flawed checkpoint system at multiple certain areas of the game. Deaths resulting at starting at the beginning of a level despite being pretty far into a level- especially when the level is decently lengthy as oppose to being short length like the Mar's Seal at Slums mission - is bad game design. Being good enough to avoid that fate doesn't make the game less hard or balanced. There are at least 5 areas (and I will say here there is more than 5, because there is) with these bad checkpoint designs: Defending Sig at the Pumping Station, escorting Krew's men through the sewers, some Palace/Prison related missions, and more. Get that through your thick skull. Jak 3 fixed the issues mostly but they made other issues that made the overall experience a bit too easy. Jak 3 still objectively had a few hard areas but overall it was much easier than Jak II.

If you actually read my last reply.... Jak 3 doesn't have any missables, that's a fact. The other point having been about the orb list count per area I already discussed also. No point in repeating that.

That's a complex complaint. It's partially fair, but the infinite factor never overall makes it missable. Priority is given to the end result and more relevant case. The way we use missable in games is when you can never get the item back at the end or post game. Whatever you miss (even if it glitches out) can still be gotten end game. Essentially, it's never missable, you just can't access it until later. So it's not missable.

You're not comprehending what im saying. The point of the orb hunt is to find an orb within the area close by. If you were told where it was, as you claimed should be the case in your previous reply, it WOULD contradict the point of the hunt. In this reply you tried to make it sound like you for some ridiculous reason combined your separate points. The other point being each area telling you how many you collected in that area is something different. As I said for that, Jak II nor 3 were collectithons, hence losing that system. Yeah um, Spyro is considered a collectithon, so comparison and point invalid. Like I said, bring me a game that's like Jak's structure that has a collectible system like that. That theme doesn't fit in more non collectithons, open-world style games. Every open world game that had that system you love so much from what I noticed existed in COW games, like Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 64, Banjo, etc. And ND made sure to make it clear the sequels weren't collectithons anymore, so the absence of the feature from the first game is perfectly excuse. THE ISSUE is no proper compensation for it. All we get is the total count of orbs there are total (286 - Jak II, 600 - Jak 3) and how much we have (???/286 - Jak II, ???/600 - Jak 3), which can been seen via secrets or pressing L3, but we don't know how many exist per area without counting ourselves.

Edited by Mar

Woah, so many walls of text... I'll chime in for a bit, for I want to note a few things.

Jak II is perfectly okay. The only hard section in it for me was the "Destroy Ship At Drill Platform" mission, because damn these turrets. Aside from that, I haven't experienced any trouble. Well, maybe that one mission where you need to seize some emblem at the flooded part of the city (can't remember the exact name for it) was also pretty hard, but at least I wasn't frustrated with it. I remember frantically tearing through the guards, running to the exit while getting constantly shot at, stealing a car and escaping with only an inch of my life left... Good memories.

And I love Jak X no matter what anyone says. Yes, I was constantly fearing for my memory card, always taking it out and inserting it back only for the saves, but that's the only thing that is bad about it. Hearing it lauded as "the worst ever" Jak game is a big suprise for me. Like... what? Why? The story is solid, the game is fast, hard and fun, and the music is great. 

One of the games I remembered fondly from the PS2 era and ended up hating when I replayed it. The game has its moments, but all in all is a frustrating mess.

The fact that they turned an enjoyable, vibrant and colorful platformer into a racing/driving game with questionable mechanics plus shooting gallery with a dark setting and gloomy mood - and problems that you were used to back in the days like a shoddy camera and aggravating checkpoints - made it a chore to play that I'd never force myself to repeat.

I did replay the first part on the Vita however (months after having finished it on the PS3) and the game is still likeable.

But like I said, no way I'd do the same thing with II and 3, even if 3 is much better than II. They were the type of game where I didn't feel rewarded but relieved when they were over (the game in general and rage-inducing missions in particular).

Woah, so many walls of text...

Uh huh...

• Like 1

Woah, so many walls of text... I'll chime in for a bit, for I want to note a few things.

Jak II is perfectly okay. The only hard section in it for me was the "Destroy Ship At Drill Platform" mission, because damn these turrets. Aside from that, I haven't experienced any trouble. Well, maybe that one mission where you need to seize some emblem at the flooded part of the city (can't remember the exact name for it) was also pretty hard, but at least I wasn't frustrated with it. I remember frantically tearing through the guards, running to the exit while getting constantly shot at, stealing a car and escaping with only an inch of my life left... Good memories.

And I love Jak X no matter what anyone says. Yes, I was constantly fearing for my memory card, always taking it out and inserting it back only for the saves, but that's the only thing that is bad about it. Hearing it lauded as "the worst ever" Jak game is a big suprise for me. Like... what? Why? The story is solid, the game is fast, hard and fun, and the music is great. 

I know a very few others have said what you did here as well, but Jak II is definitely not perfectly fine. It has several flawed areas of game design. Most of these areas are exaggerated, even the ones that actually are flawed, but there are flaws with Jak II, prominent to. While im not trying to claim Jak II as one of ND's best games of all time (I consider Jak 3 the best in the series, especially for being more similar to the first game and at the sametime making a more defined version of how a modern era Jak game should be like), like The Last of Us and Uncharted 2, all of these games have a few areas of bad design. TLOU and Uncharted 2 are considered their best games and even they have a several areas of bad game design whether it be boss fights, AI, or whatever.

One of the games I remembered fondly from the PS2 era and ended up hating when I replayed it. The game has its moments, but all in all is a frustrating mess.

The fact that they turned an enjoyable, vibrant and colorful platformer into a racing/driving game with questionable mechanics plus shooting gallery with a dark setting and gloomy mood - and problems that you were used to back in the days like a shoddy camera and aggravating checkpoints - made it a chore to play that I'd never force myself to repeat.

I did replay the first part on the Vita however (months after having finished it on the PS3) and the game is still likeable.

But like I said, no way I'd do the same thing with II and 3, even if 3 is much better than II. They were the type of game where I didn't feel rewarded but relieved when they were over (the game in general and rage-inducing missions in particular).

Uh huh...

It only is when you're a reckless/aggressive gamer who tries to get through games without a brain, expecting to blaze through and blast through everything because you have some tools at your disposal. Jak II wasn't your typical game where you can get through it with just half effort. If you play without a brain, you'll die and get frustrated a lot. That's how games should be in sense. But it's somehow rewarding for you when you can get through easy games just because of the fact that you got through it.

There's a difference between a platformer game with driving elements, a platformer game without driving elements, and a platformer game that turned into a driving game. Plenty of games are known to have several genre themes in them, that's how most gain so much variety and replayvalue. Crash [Party, Platform, and Racing], Uncharted [Platform, Shooting, Adventure], and many other games are the same exact way.) Jak X is the only real game you can say where one turned into a driving game. Jak 3 had more racing elements than all the games - increased the driving aspect - in the trilogy but was still a platformer at heart.

As many, many people may have missed, the first game didn't have this full coating of happy go lucky theme and atmosphere that people seem to constantly delude themselves to believing. Had the game had less color (like the Misty Island and Boogy Swamp levels) and darker tone music, it'd be pretty similar to the sequels alone off those changes. First game had adult humor and suggestions, Jak stared at Keira's ass blatantly throughout 2-4 different scenes (not including game-play where going to her from behind would have Jak staring at it), the atmosphere at times were similar to that of Jak II and 3, and so fourth.

Jak 1 also had a bad camera at times as well as just a few bad checkpoints.. and questionable spawn areas from deaths. Jak II wasn't the first game with all these issues, it just had the most, but people tend to just bash Jak II for it.

I know a very few others have said what you did here as well, but Jak II is definitely not perfectly fine. It has several flawed areas of game design. Most of these areas are exaggerated, even the ones that actually are flawed, but there are flaws with Jak II, prominent to. 

Oh, now I feel I needed to be more clear. I meant "fine" in terms of difficulty, not the overall game design, and the "fine" applied to only my personal experience with the game. Jak II is widely known to "be loaded with the difficulty spikes" and the checkpoint placement hardly is the best there, but while I played it back on the PS2, I hardly noticed these spikes, aside from the drill platform. That's all.

It only is when you're a reckless/aggressive gamer who tries to get through games without a brain, expecting to blaze through and blast through everything because you have some tools at your disposal. Jak II wasn't your typical game where you can get through it with just half effort. If you play without a brain, you'll die and get frustrated a lot. That's how games should be in sense. But it's somehow rewarding for you when you can get through easy games just because of the fact that you got through it.

There's a difference between a platformer game with driving elements, a platformer game without driving elements, and a platformer game that turned into a driving game. Plenty of games are known to have several genre themes in them, that's how most gain so much variety and replayvalue. Crash [Party, Platform, and Racing], Uncharted [Platform, Shooting, Adventure], and many other games are the same exact way.) Jak X is the only real game you can say where one turned into a driving game. Jak 3 had more racing elements than all the games - increased the driving aspect - in the trilogy but was still a platformer at heart.

As many, many people may have missed, the first game didn't have this full coating of happy go lucky theme and atmosphere that people seem to constantly delude themselves to believing. Had the game had less color (like the Misty Island and Boogy Swamp levels) and darker tone music, it'd be pretty similar to the sequels alone off those changes. First game had adult humor and suggestions, Jak stared at Keira's ass blatantly throughout 2-4 different scenes (not including game-play where going to her from behind would have Jak staring at it), the atmosphere at times were similar to that of Jak II and 3, and so fourth.

Jak 1 also had a bad camera at times as well as just a few bad checkpoints.. and questionable spawn areas from deaths. Jak II wasn't the first game with all these issues, it just had the most, but people tend to just bash Jak II for it.

Yeah hope you'll find your brain again before you really get that Jak tattoo omfg.

But interesting how well you know me in regards to what makes a game feel rewarding for me. It's gotta be first and foremost easy and brainless for sure.

Anyhow, for a fanboy whose jimmies have been rustled, you are able to still see at least some things the way they are through your pink glasses, gotta give you that.

Btw, every second children's show has these adult elements you're mentioning. Nothing special here.

And it's true that J&D TPL already had its share of flaws. But being the enjoyable game that it was (and is) it was much easier to forgive them. Plus it was the only platformer at heart of the three. Not even wasting words about Jak X.

Edited by fastflowdaman

But interesting how well you know me in regards to what makes a game feel rewarding for me. It's gotta be first and foremost easy and brainless for sure.

Anyhow, for a fanboy whose jimmies have been rustled, you are able to still see at least some things the way they are through your pink glasses, gotta give you that.

And it's true that J&D TPL already had its share of flaws. But being the enjoyable game that it was (and is) it was much easier to forgive them. Plus it was the only platformer at heart of the three. Not even wasting words about Jak X.

Yeah kinda implied by you with your first sentence and last sentence of your post. The Jak 3 bit supports that even more. Jak X is either the first or second hardest Jak game. (Can't remember because it's been years since I played Jak X, I can't really go back to playing it on a HD TV, and my last play ended up being on Hero Mode, which I obviously cannot compare to normal mode in Jak II.)

Jimmies have been rustled? Because I replied and make counter points to a few post, my jimmies have been rustled and im a fanboy? Yeah im not biased. All games, all ND games have flaws. Jak II in particular has the poorest game design in the whole (Jak) series, but is somehow commonly rated as the best games by many fans, because of its story. Jak II is mostly carried by its story. But I think there's a secondary strong reason why it is, too many fans just over-saturate the idea/opinion that Jak II is the best because of its story.

Fine point, but that's not the the core point. The point is that the flaws still exist in all the installments and that none are excused for theirs. The first game doesnt get a pass because the overall game is still designed quite nicely.

Generally speaking, no-one has any logical sense to compare a purposely designed racing spinoff to the trilogy from a genre point of view. If anyone does, they-re just plain stupid. The games concept/genre is racing, not platforming, and it was actually a logical conceptual idea, given Jak's games themes of racing throughout ALL 3 of his original games. His goggles are even based on racing goggles (confirmed by 2 reps at ND a long time ago). Unlike Crash Team Racing, the DIRECTION of racing for Jak X, which is further complimented by its action-combat style (true to Jak's style), fits the Jak universe and his character literal-perfectly, as he's always been a prodigious racer, gotten racing development (in all 3 games), loves racing himself, and so fourth.

The hate Jak X gets is just rather entirely uncalled for. Its not a kart racer, dont play it like one nor expect it to play like one. It should be well respected for having a rich story (something racers and spinoffs tend not to have) and being a more complex arcade racing game, which additionally in no way shape or form drifts away from the core series. We don't always want or need Mario Kart ripoffs. Mario and Crash can leave their genres and have a racing installment and be perfectly fine, but Jak of all characters/series cant and its a horrible idea (because it's not a kart racer that everyone loves so much)? Thats unbelievable, nonsensical, and hilarious. (Generally speaking.)

Edited by Mar

Is there anything I need to be wary about?

So getting back to the original subject at hand.

(Jak II)

1. Limited checkpoints. In the mission areas/levels, there will usually be 0-1 checkpoints. It's not too big a deal for most of them since the levels in themselves are mostly short. (The difficulty change, which part of is included in the combat NOT just the checkpoint system, in Jak II was due to fan/consumer/etc feedback from Jak 1 being too easy.)

2. Respawns. Probably should have combined this with 1. but due to the limited checkpoint at times, this does in-fact mean that you'll respawn at the beginning of levels. But due to the concept of unlimited lives and lack of load times from respawn however, it's not that big a deal at all. (Older Sonic and Mario games on the other hand.)

3. The gun system/gun course, mainly with the Blaster (yellow gun) and Vulcan Fury (blue gun), you very well may not like it at first, but its design concept was based on the idea of how they visioned a gun system should work in a platformer, which makes sense. The gun course will actually mislead you a bit on how accurate and precise the aiming is, especially the blue gun. The gun course training has the cardboard enemies moving at speeds (side to side, as well as disappearing from screen) incomparable to the actual speed of the enemies in game (the actual enemies are much easier to kill). The shooting system is mostly dependent on how efficient you are at getting the red sight to lock on to the enemy. Once locked on, you shouldn't have a problem firing those wave of consistent shots (again, really only applies to those 2 guns I mentioned). Like with the racing (not general driving), there is a learning curve. Secondly, when you get good enough, you can manage to hit enemies before it actually locks on them. It's THAT type of game where the more you play, the better you get and the more you learn.

4. The driving and racing system. There is nothing at all wrong with the mechanics. I even re-tested this again yesterday myself with all the different vehicle types. It seems people have based the idea that the driving sucks purely through their experience in the more linear areas, which there are a decent amount of but not that many anyway, and with the larger vehicles at that in those areas. Either way, even in linear areas, the driving in actuality is fine. Traffic is the true issue while driving, the driving itself is fine.

The racing controls is similar. Because I actually decided to use skill to practice the races to get the platinum/all orbs yrs ago, I discovered that the racing is objectively balanced from a controls pov. Like plenty of other racing games, if you actually turn early on corners, you'll make plenty of momentum turns and perfect turns (brakes are not even needed, and this is one example of how when I said early that limited features, like not having a drifting mechanic for racing, is not needed to make the overall feature good or balanced. Played on all 3 tracks, going full speed, turbo aside although I did test with turbo to, and was able to make perfect turns). And while it's not even needed, which is more ironic, if you actually spam/use the thrust button (R1/L1) while turning (which is a lot of past angry/ranting of how bad Jak's driving controls are player's, saving grace [just go on youtube and see how many people beat the races - includes comment section - due to this technique]), it actually carries any attempt at bad turns and negates major screw ups; it literally supports your turns. This applies to the race with a certain infamous character as well.

5. Take advantage of the hoverzone feature. Without this, the game would almost be broken. If there's too much traffic, switch zones but never actually get fully comfortable in that zone, for obvious reasons. If you're a smart and a adaptable player, you'd be shifting zones frequently within the same vehicle, dodging traffic and potential guard crafts and then going back into the air when there's sufficient room to fly in. Usually, you should never be riding on the ground for a long time as if it was this safe zone. You should be changing zones often.

6. The Titan Suit isn't as entirely restricted and awkward in moment as is claimed. In-case you're on a small platform or near an edge and need to turn around or backup (so you don't fall), if you actually stand in place and gently rotate or tilt the analog stick to the in a circle, the Titan suit can turn around 360 degrees in place. Secondly, one of the missions that involves it could possibly have you dying from taking too much damage, so always note that you can always exit the suit (aside from under water) and deal with the enemy or enemies with Jak himself.

7. Again, Jak II is the only game in the trilogy with missable collectibles, being the p.orbs.. at the final level of Jak II. (Note: I've platinum'ed each game at least 4 countable times each. One time to simply have the plats. Other time merely out of enjoyment. Another time on my alternate account that was contemplated to be a future perm-account had something ever happened to my original. Last time was for a friend as I was getting paid.)

8. You're likely to get stuck or have trouble with the missions like escorting Krew's men through the sewers, the race with a certain character (which isn't even that hard at all, one of the greatest exaggerations of Jak II), getting a piece of Mar's seal at the slums, and likely even more. In all sincerity, the game is not THAT hard. It's challenging but it's not what most people make it out to be. Most newcomers are likely to die at almost every level at least once but that would be due to unfamiliarity and possibly even comfort-ability with other games so-frequent-checkpoint-formula, especially with how other games handle harder difficulties (through tougher AIs and other means).

If it seriously comes down to the point, I might go as far recording myself with my phone or tablet to show/support the things I've said. If you have any concerns or issues, just comment again here.

Edited by Mar

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so I just got the platinum in this and to say that it was a royal pain in the butt would be putting it very lightly. I passed most missions by the skin of my teeth...not because the game was difficult (which it was legitimately in some areas I suppose) but due to how broken the control scheme and camera is on the Vita.

Question: Is Jak 3 just as bad, worse, or better off than Jak 2 on the Vita?

Edited by merciful84

• 3 weeks later...