Resident Evil 2 Remake MIGHT not have fixed camera angles

TheAveryChu

I think it's clear to see with RE7 (and other recent games in the series) that Capcom don't know what they're doing anymore and haven't a clue what fans want. :(

That has been the case for years now, lets not forget how they "would bring back horror" with RE6... And that "awesome" game that was release a month ago that had at least 2 "free trials" already and once had as many as 48 people playing it on STEAM called Umbrella Corps.

• Like 2

That has been the case for years now, lets not forget how they "would bring back horror" with RE6... And that "awesome" game that was release a month ago that had at least 2 "free trials" already and once had as many as 48 people playing it on STEAM called Umbrella Corps.

well a game having a low number on players on steam is not surprising, considering the majority of pc players buys their games mostly on sales, humble bundles, or they just pirate them. the majority doesn't pay full price for them, and since not many people have powerful pcs they just prefer to play the console versions since you're not restricted by system requirements and your pc's specifications to enjoy them.

only $0.99 games are successful on steam. and this is confirmed when on every sales charts one can see the console versions tend to sell much better than the pc versions, which you barely see making their way to the top 10 charts of best selling games.

Edited by smellslikejavier

Just like Square Enix said about FF7 "What's the point of remaking a game if all we're going to do is give it prettier graphics" People loved the change, but hate this? I don't get it

People loved what change? You mean what Square are doing to FFVII? I'm pretty sure most people aren't happy with what they're doing to that game, and with good reason.

Resident Evil Remake wasn't just RE1 with better graphics. They added upon and improved in many different ways. Crimson heads, new areas, improved combat, expanded story, new voice acting and cutscenes, etc. That is how a remake should be done. What's the point in remaking a game if it's going to be completely different, and barely even recognisable when compared to the original? You may as well make a new game that that point.

well a game having a low number on players on steam is not surprising, considering the majority of pc players buys their games mostly on sales, humble bundles, or they just pirate them. the majority doesn't pay full price for them, and since not many people have powerful pcs they just prefer to play the console versions since you're not restricted by system requirements and your pc's specifications to enjoy them.

only $0.99 games are successful on steam. and this is confirmed when on every sales charts one can see the console versions tend to sell much better than the pc versions, which you barely see making their way to the top 10 charts of best selling games.

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?  :P

Resident Evil Remake wasn't just RE1 with better graphics. They added upon and improved in many different ways. Crimson heads, new areas, improved combat, expanded story, new voice acting and cutscenes, etc. That is how a remake should be done. What's the point in remaking a game if it's going to be completely different, and barely even recognisable when compared to the original? You may as well make a new game that that point.

THANK YOU, that is what I have been saying.

In this case it's because the game is just crap and no one wantes it, not even for free. And really? A game in a series renowed as RE is only having 48 people playing on release is not surprising? Just face it, Capcom released a turd and they're desperate for people to buy it, ence why in less then a month they had 2 "3 days free trial" to try and get people to be interested in that POS.

• Like 1

We may have our preferences between OTS and Fixed angles, but I think most of us agree that either is leagues better than a First Person RE.

I'll take a FPS Horor game then an OTS Action Shooter like 4/5/6/ORC/REV any day of the week. That being said they actually did deliver on OTS Horror with REV2 and Lost in Nightmares though, to bad for every one of those they release they release 2-3 crappy ones, and one of those is just a DLC for a crappy Action driven one :facepalm:

And the problems with RE7 are not due to the camera, the camera is fine for what they're going with, it's the setting/feeling of the game that's all wrong, it feels more like SIlent Hill/Fatal Frame then Resident Evil, the demo even has ghosts from crying out loud :|

And the problems with RE7 are not due to the camera, the camera is fine for what they're going with, it's the setting/feeling of the game that's all wrong, it feels more like SIlent Hill/Fatal Frame then Resident Evil, the demo even has ghosts from crying out loud :|

I agree with this the whole setting/tone thing, and I wouldn't say that FPS is the biggest problem with the game although I do take issue with it.

I learned not to expect things from Capcom due to many disappointments in the past so for now I'm just going to take this with a large grain of salt and not think so definitively about it. If it happens, cool, if not, cool. I just want the game already, I don't care in what form it is in.

Pretty sure the demo was just a proof of concept and they said nothing in it would be in the final product.

I know that, but that's the only thing we saw about the game, so that's the only thing we can analize. And yes, Capcom said that, but we're talking about the people that once said "RE6 is a return to form, a return to horror" and we all know how that turned out don't we? :rolleyes:  And a lot of the demo is already confirmed to be on the final game, like the VHS gameplay, the head of the family being a key player on the story, the game setting in Lousiana, and the FPS view, so "nothing in it would be in the final product" is already a false statement.

The demo? What demo? I know there was the fan remake, but that had nothing to with Capcom. If anything, the announcement of a RE2 remake was in response to that.

The announcement was not "in response" to the fan remake. They had already been planning a remake due to fan demand. The developers of the remake even said that Capcom told them this.

I know that, but that's the only thing we saw about the game, so that's the only thing we can analize. And yes, Capcom said that, but we're talking about the people that once said "RE6 is a return to form, a return to horror" and we all know how that turned out don't we? :rolleyes:  And a lot of the demo is already confirmed to be on the final game, like the VHS gameplay, the head of the family being a key player on the story, the game setting in Lousiana, and the FPS view, so "nothing in it would be in the final product" is already a false statement.

Not to mention that we can pretty safely assume that they are lying about the lack of supernatural elements in the game because, they're there...

It could be even better.

Or worse.

I personally think (that's just my opinion ok) that shittier graphics are scarier, since your imagination fill in the gaps and everything. Super detailed gore doesn't impress me anymore. But hey I'm just throwing my six cents there. I'll be happy if it actually turns out to be better. But they could invest their time in something new, instead of always creating new with old.

Or worse.

I personally think (that's just my opinion ok) that shittier graphics are scarier, since your imagination fill in the gaps and everything. Super detailed gore doesn't impress me anymore. But hey I'm just throwing my six cents there. I'll be happy if it actually turns out to be better. But they could invest their time in something new, instead of always creating new with old.

Even if the remake isn't what we want it to be, you can always go back and play the original. Just because a remake exists, it doesn't mean the game it's a remake of disappears. I'm not sure I really agree with worse graphics = scarier game. There are certain old mechanics in games that do make things scarier such as bad combat and fixed camera angles, but if anything, better graphics can only make it more immersive. And they are making something new (Resident Evil 7), but personally, I'm much more excited that one of my favourite games is getting remade.

Even if the remake isn't what we want it to be, you can always go back and play the original. Just because a remake exists, it doesn't mean the game it's a remake of disappears. I'm not sure I really agree with worse graphics = scarier game. There are certain old mechanics in games that do make things scarier such as bad combat and fixed camera angles, but if anything, better graphics can only make it more immersive. And they are making something new (Resident Evil 7), but personally, I'm much more excited that one of my favourite games is getting remade.

Maybe a remake would be cool, and maybe it could be the best thing ever done in RE, or whatever. Just saying it doesn't NEED a remake.

Graphics: Of course I'm not saying it's the case with every game. So, yeah. I do kind of agree with you.

For the better or for the worse.

Edited by jeandeve