Two Step Verification Active Worldwide

Valyrious

Finally, thanks for letting us know it's live...ish. Site seems to be a bit broken at the moment, but at least they've added it. All the hacked accounts lately have been making me paranoid.

Seems like it might be a little buggy signing in as well. I'm sure it'll all get smoothed out in the end. I can't believe we're only just getting it, but hey, better late than never I guess. It'll make hackers lives a hell of a lot harder.

• Like 1

Seems like it might be a little buggy signing in as well. I'm sure it'll all get smoothed out in the end. I can't believe we're only just getting it, but hey, better late than never I guess. It'll make hackers lives a hell of a lot harder.

Oddly, it seemed like hitting enter would make the login fail and clicking the button worked, at least for me.

They certainly delayed it long enough. You'd think they would've added something like this after the major breach that took the servers down... but hey, better late than never.

Still wondering where the heck is the "Device Setup Password" located. I've looked everywhere in the Security. 

Okay for a PC. Login at the Playstation Store, click "account settings" under your username which will take you to the sony entertainment network account, click "account", click "security", at the bottom you should see "For 2-Step Verification, please visit this page.", click "this page", click "OK", you should now be at id sony entertainment network, after you have setup the 2step verification this page should read, "Status Active", "Mobile Phones xxxxxxxxx", "Device Setup Password", and "Backup Codes".

I think that if you have not setup 2Step then there is only "Status" and "Mobile Phones".

• Like 1

Okay for a PC. Login at the Playstation Store, click "account settings" under your username which will take you to the sony entertainment network account, click "account", click "security", at the bottom you should see "For 2-Step Verification, please visit this page.", click "this page", click "OK", you should now be at id sony entertainment network, after you have setup the 2step verification this page should read, "Status Active", "Mobile Phones xxxxxxxxx", "Device Setup Password", and "Backup Codes".

I think that if you have not setup 2Step then there is only "Status" and "Mobile Phones".

Ah, so it'll be visible only after I activate 2Step? Got it, thanks.