Gran Turismo Sport delayed, no new date given

crimsonidol38

Hello GT community. I want to share the news that we have made the difficult decision to delay the release of Gran Turismo Sport. GT Sport is Polyphony‘s foremost competitive gaming title, with high expectations from both the fans and from within our team.

From the start, the title has been one of our most ambitious undertakings, using the latest technologies, such as physics-based rendering and sound simulations, and Scapes photo mode. In combining these features with a new Sport mode, we are offering a competitive gaming experience to truly reinvent what it means to be a racing game. We’ve been excited and humbled by the response each time we’ve shared new gameplay with everyone.

However, as we approach our planned release date in November, we realise we need more time to perfect GT Sport, to which we’ve already dedicated so much effort to since announcing the title, and do not want to compromise the experience. While we cannot confirm a new release date at this time, we are more committed than ever to making GT Sport the best Gran Turismo game to date.

GT Sport will continue to be shown at several gaming events around the world. I hope everyone has the opportunity to experience first-hand the yet-to-be revealed cutting edge experiences that will be achieved by GT Sport. Thank you for all your continued support.

Source: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/08/30/an-update-on-gran-turismo-sport

To be expected, honestly.

I played GT Sport on PS4 yesterday, personally i wasn't crazy impressed with it, graphically it was nothing special and it played just like any other racing game.

I am sure fanatics of the series/genre will love it though.

Here is a video I took of a friend playing it, with seat, steering wheel and pedals, he played on professional with manual gears and no assists.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

A Gran Turismo game delayed?

I wonder if they wrote a new announcement letter, or if they just revised the GT5 letter. After 5 years, they should have perfected the announcement xD

Which, of course, was a re-write of the GT4 delay letter and then was a re-write of the GT3 delay letter, which was a re-write of the GT2000 cancellation notice that was a re-write from the original GT2 postponement notification.

• Like 1