A true test of real patience...

AJ_Radio

I am five silvers from the x50 Silver trophy, but twenty golds away from the x50 Gold trophy.

Not counting broken games or games with offline servers, the Mega Man Collection is probably one of the most difficult 100 percent games out there. Super Meat Boy gives you a platinum for your efforts, this collection of Mega Man 1 - 6 only gives you Ultra Rare trophies, which seem to be a popular goal for many PSNProfile users.

So I've been slowly chipping away at the challenges, and I've spent no less than 28 - 30 hours on the entire collection. There are certain challenges (Megaman 1 - 2 Mix comes to mind, along with two of the Robot challenges using the default weapon) that have taken me four - six hours to go from silver to gold, and I'm not joking when I say this. I advise anybody to play at their utmost ability if you want all the trophies, because you're be chipping away at them for dozens of hours.

I will admit, I am a crap gamer and couldn't do a speedrun to save his life, much less write a guide. Probably wasn't the best decision to buy this collection, because it actually reminds me when games were brutally hard in the 80s and early 90s. As much as I loved Super Mario Bros 3 and Kirbys Adventure, a good number of games today make them look overly difficult.

What will happen probably is I will finish most of the challenges I have left, then quit for a few weeks as I'll probably break my PS4 controller I paid over $50 bucks for. Anybody who has earned all the trophies, I tip my hat to you.

Edited by Spastic
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i always try to complete and get gold on all the related challenges after i completed a playthrough of each game. at least it doesnt feel so tiring, boring and frustrating to do all 50 at one go. the challenges are definitely not easy. but if you know what you are doing, it can be rather lenient in the requirement.

• 5 months later...
On 11/18/2016 at 3:02 PM, lilpain97 said:

I know this is old already but im thinking of starting it. How hard would you say it is? 

Not too terribly difficult but a lot of practice.

I'm sorry it took so long to post. Kind of forgot about this game once I was finished.

On 11/21/2016 at 11:22 AM, BuTTBR41N said:

i always try to complete and get gold on all the related challenges after i completed a playthrough of each game. at least it doesnt feel so tiring, boring and frustrating to do all 50 at one go. the challenges are definitely not easy. but if you know what you are doing, it can be rather lenient in the requirement.

True.

I left some of the Boss Rushes using only the Mega Buster out. There are 54 challenges but you only need to gold 50 of them. But you did this months ago so yeah.

On May 17, 2017 at 9:48 PM, Spaz said:

Not too terribly difficult but a lot of practice.

I'm sorry it took so long to post. Kind of forgot about this game once I was finished.

Its all good, was just asking as I like the harder games. Can't do it currently as im doing Crypt of the necrodancer and Atari flashback vol 1 so my times on them. Ill probably start it after Evil within and Skyrim.

• 2 years later...

Soooo I know it’s been a while since anyone commented here, but I’m thinking of buying this and just needed some confirmation on something that been bugging me....

is this game really a 5/10 difficulty, or is the guide writer a massive troll?

6 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

Soooo I know it’s been a while since anyone commented here, but I’m thinking of buying this and just needed some confirmation on something that been bugging me....

is this game really a 5/10 difficulty, or is the guide writer a massive troll?

Pst guide is 9/10

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/mega-man-legacy-collection/284205-mega-man-legacy-collection-roadmap-trophy-guide.html

I feel a 5 is too low since ive heard this Collection is hard actually! 

• Like 1

I barely managed to complete the second Collection, but I didn't play this one yet, and I really felt the same way as you, this game is hard, indeed.

For the 50x Gold trophy you must complete every single challenge ? or the game offers more than that ?