Duke Nukem 3d, 20th Anniversary trophy thoughts

DUKE HAS A PLAT DUKE HAS A PLAT DUKE HAS A PLAT DUKE HAS A PLAT DUKE HAS A PLAT DUKE HAS A PLAT 

Bummer there's no trophy for clocking the whole thing on Damn I'm Good though. Honestly looks like a ridiculously easy plat for anyone who's beaten the shit out of Duke 3D before.

True. The only episodes that may give me a little trouble are The Birth and the new episode that is exclusive to this 20th Anniversary Collection.

Probably won't make the first 50 achievers nor the 50 fastest achievers, but this collection is easily doable in a day.

True. The only episodes that may give me a little trouble are The Birth and the new episode that is exclusive to this 20th Anniversary Collection.

Probably won't make the first 50 achievers nor the 50 fastest achievers, but this collection is easily doable in a day.

Fair enough. I'm not gonna be rushing either though, I'm looking forward to just playing through the thing again, it's been like nearly a year since I've clocked the whole game, I usually just keep replaying the first episode (blanking on name), and Lunar Apocalypse before getting sidetracked by something.

If I remove LittleBigPlanet 2 from my profile since it got my flagged, and I can pop back on the leaderboards, I'm still the first to 100% Duke 3D on here, not on other sites though as I found out the other day :'( ... that being said, I bought it when it glitched onto the store like 3 months early, lucky me.

Hollywood Holocaust. Very easy episode, only has six levels whereas the others have several more.

I already own this game on my PC laptop. Bought Duke 3D off of GOG.com years ago, luckily well before it got taken down.

Can you do that though? I thought that once you're flagged you couldn't do anything else but then again I never had that problem so I wouldn't know.

Edited by Spastic

I just preordered it off PSN.

I'm not happy with the price tag considering you're really only getting one new episode with new enemies and a new weapon (Incinerator). For a game that came out in 1996 which was 20 years ago, $19.99 is a bit much.

Still I'm going to have a blast with this game. File size is only 983 MBs which is pretty small nowadays in terms of games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

If you're a shameless cheater such as myself, it'll probably take an hour or two for platinum. Personally, mine says 1.62 hours on Exophase. Even with no clip, I got lost searching for a couple of the bosses (memory ain't what it used to be), so it could've been much faster.

I'd say 2/10 difficulty with assistance from the cheats menu, since you actually have to do stuff, like navigating to the bosses and farming some kills. Thus, it's not quite so easy as a linear waking simulator or whatnot would be, but pretty close. Annoyingly, the game is prone to crashing, which I find kind of inexcusable in this iteration of such an ancient title, which presumably shouldn't even stress the PS4. My recollection might be off, but I think the Megaton Edition on PS3 was more stable than World Tour.

• Like 1