Amnesia Collection (previous PC-exclusive horror series) is coming to PS4

snakebit10

First time I've been pretty hyped about a piece of gaming news in a while. I loved the Dark Descent when I played it on my PC a couple of years ago. Never got around to the Justine DLC or the second game though, so I'm definitely going to be getting this collection just for those alone. I've been hoping for a console release of Amnesia for ages.

So that is what is, cool

this is good to hear, I was originally hoping to see Amnesia: the Dark Descent on the ps3 back then but I guess these devs wasn't interested on a console port at the time.

I heard the second game Amnesia: Machine for Pigs isn't as good as the first game.

its not that they didn't wanted to, apparently their company was almost going bankrupt so they didn't had too much resources at the time:

"However, we never brought Amnesia to consoles. Over the years, we’ve been close to making it happen, but deals either fell through or we simply didn’t have time for it. It’s time to change that. Amnesia is coming to PS4."

you can read more about it on the ps blog: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/19/amnesia-collection-coming-to-ps4/

• Like 1

Just more shite to clutter up the PSN store even more ... Hip hip .. *sigh*

this is one of the few pc low-budget indies that are actually good and well made (unlike the majority though), there's a reason why it got such good reviews when it was first released.

But the real question is, will there be a platinum for both games? Or will it be like Budokai HD with a shared platinum? Or will the just have a 100% list each?

considering their new game, soma, didn't got a plat i doubt this one will. the dark descent and justine will probably be in the same trophy list because the later its a dlc of it, and a machine of pigs could have a separate one.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

Wow I'm surprised how many people didn't heard of it xD Even i heard of it and watch some videos of it and i'm not a Fan of Horror :P

Anyway For me Meh the game from Videos honestly it doesn't seems all that scary is more tension from what's next in the map than anything, i doubt i'll get this if not on sale in the future.

Wow I'm surprised how many people didn't heard of it xD Even i heard of it and watch some videos of it and i'm not a Fan of Horror :P

Anyway For me Meh the game from Videos honestly it doesn't seems all that scary is more tension from what's next in the map than anything, i doubt i'll get this if not on sale in the future.

not at all, the game is actually considered to be one of the scariest games of all times (alongside others like P.T.), is not only based on tension. plenty of monsters and chase scenes on every level. you just probably didn't watched enough good videos of it or just watched the "boring" parts. which is surprising considering its low budget. 

maybe you saw videos of "a machine for pigs", which apparently wasn't even as good as "the dark descent", which means it was less scary.

not at all, the game is actually considered to be one of the scariest games of all times (alongside others like P.T.), is not only based on tension. plenty of monsters and chase scenes on every level. you just probably didn't watched enough good videos of it or just watched the "boring" parts. which is surprising considering its low budget. 

maybe you saw videos of "a machine for pigs", which apparently wasn't even as good as "the dark descent", which means it was less scary.

I watched Pewdiepie ones which was pretty much the one that make known this game on YT, some fo Markpliers and Some of Minx that is even quoted in the trailer for 2 second. Is Just i don't know Probably is one of that kind of games scarier to play than to watch i guess. Or Something like Slenderman scary the first time you do it then Quite Meh oh there it is. I don't know :P

I watched Pewdiepie ones which was pretty much the one that make known this game on YT, some fo Markpliers and Some of Minx that is even quoted in the trailer for 2 second. Is Just i don't know Probably is one of that kind of games scarier to play than to watch i guess. Or Something like Slenderman scary the first time you do it then Quite Meh oh there it is. I don't know :P

obviously watching some random people screaming, laughing and making silly comments will take all the scariness, tension and suspense away.

you need to play it on your own, like with every other horror game.

Edited by smellslikejavier

obviously watching some random people screaming, laughing and making silly comments will take all the scariness, tension and suspense away.

you need to play it on your own, like with every other horror game.

I guess but that anyway doens't make me wanting it sinc ei'm not a fan of Horror in general, if it goes on sale for 15 € maybe i'll get full price for sure nope :P

Edited by Puriddu9427

I guess but that anyway doens't make me wanting it sinc ei'm not a fan of Horror in general, if it goes on sale for 15 € maybe i'll get full price for sure nope :P

i know i was only telling you that the game is scary, and that this type of games you'll only fully enjoy by playing them yourself, not watching some weird guy on the internet play them.

For anyone interested, the game is up for pre-order now.  I for one... I probably wont be pre-ordering it, then again, I rarely pre-order games as is.  But hey, might grab it for when it's released, not sure yet though.  I suppose on if it'll have a platinum or not will be my deciding factor.  Only cause I'm not really into games like The Park, or Among the Sleep which seem short and have a 100% list.

• 3 weeks later...

Really loved the first one, it had a very good atmosphere and was indeed quite scary. Played it many times. Second one sadly didn't quite live up to it and ended up being very boring. But that is understandable since it was from different developers.

I already have the PC version of both games, so there is no need to buy it again.