Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, Out Next Year on PS4, PS Vita

On the contrary, I played it and didn't find it interesting at all. Vita > 3DS :awesome:.

For me, the systems are actually pretty close though I would probably give Vita the edge.  As an RPG fan though, I figured you would be more interested in the 3DS as there are some great JRPG's on there - the Fire Emblems, SMTIV, Persona Q, the Bravely Defaults, the Etrian Odysseys, etc.

Edited by awf9495

For me, the systems are actually pretty close though I would probably give Vita the edge.  As an RPG fan though, I figured you would be more interested in the 3DS as there are some great JRPG's on there - the Fire Emblems, SMTIV, Persona Q, the Bravely Defaults, the Etrian Odysseys, etc.

I do want a Fire Emblem for the Vita. Luckily, there are some great RPGs for the Vita too. Some I enjoyed are Persona 4 Golden, Ys Memories of Celceta, Tales of Hearts R, Demon Gaze (this one's definitely a hidden gem), Operation Abyss New Tokyo Legacy, and Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment.

I do want a Fire Emblem for the Vita. Luckily, there are some great RPGs for the Vita too. Some I enjoyed are Persona 4 Golden, Ys Memories of Celceta, Tales of Hearts R, Demon Gaze (this one's definitely a hidden gem), Operation Abyss New Tokyo Legacy, and Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment.

I agree that there are some great JRPG's on the Vita. Persona 4 Golden is my favorite game of all time and Celceta is the first game I actually made a conscious effort to platinum. Digimon Story is my runner up for game of the year so far. In the 999 topics, I see many that are taking good natured shots at the DS/3DS and that doesn't bother me in the least, but what I am curious about is that if funds aren't an issue, why would any fan of JRPG's not want the best of both worlds?

I agree that there are some great JRPG's on the Vita. Persona 4 Golden is my favorite game of all time and Celceta is the first game I actually made a conscious effort to platinum. Digimon Story is my runner up for game of the year so far. 

Nice, I see you haven't played Demon Gaze. I definitely recommend it.

In the 999 topics, I see many that are taking good natured shots at the DS/3DS and that doesn't bother me in the least, but what I am curious about is that if funds aren't an issue, why would any fan of JRPG's not want the best of both worlds?

For me it's not worth it to get a 3DS for only a handful of games, that's also why I don't have a Wii-U just for Bayonetta 2 or an Xbox 360 for only Halo and Gears of War.

Nice, I see you haven't played Demon Gaze. I definitely recommend it.

For me it's not worth it to get a 3DS for only a handful of games, that's also why I don't have a Wii-U just for Bayonetta 2 or an Xbox 360 for only Halo Tales of Vesperia and Gears of War The Witcher 2.

I will cross my fingers for a Demon Gaze flash sale appearance sometime down the road.  Thanks for the rec.

I can respect that, though you might just be surprised at the quality of the 3DS RPG library if you do eventually pick one up. Of course, I traded enough stuff in to get a Vita solely for Persona 4 Golden and bought an original Xbox just because I couldn't wait to play KOTOR so you may not want to listen to me.  Oh, and I fixed the reasons to purchase a 360.  xD

Oooo, think there'll be a physical release for PS4 too? :) (I prefer discs just so I can add to my box collection)

Yep, both versions will be physical.

And you should play it on Vita, therefore, buying a Vita :P

But Vita simply wins in JRPG business =D

but what I am curious about is that if funds aren't an issue, why would any fan of JRPG's not want the best of both worlds?

Having additional thing you hardly use is not really cost efficient =D

I see that on myself with PS4 PSP, once I got Vita, I completely stopped playing on it despite it having enormous amount of games I would like to play (frankly, even bigger than 3DS :D)

I can respect that, though you might just be surprised at the quality of the 3DS RPG library if you do eventually pick one up. Of course, I traded enough stuff in to get a Vita solely for Persona 4 Golden and bought an original Xbox just because I couldn't wait to play KOTOR so you may not want to listen to me.  Oh, and I fixed the reasons to purchase a 360.  xD

This sounds like me getting a Xbox One just for Sunset Overdrive. :)

Also, the Xbox One is backwards compatible with The Witcher 2... who knows if Vesperia will ever be added though.

I see that on myself with PS4 PSP, once I got Vita, I completely stopped playing on it despite it having enormous amount of games I would like to play (frankly, even bigger than 3DS :D)

I'm pretty sure most Vita fans can say that about their main non-portable console, whether that's PS4 or something else. :P

But Vita simply wins in JRPG business =D

Pretty even quality wise IMO, but Vita definitely wins when it comes to sheer volume.

Since when has gaming ever been about cost efficiency?   :D

I keep waiting for XB1 to give me a reason to go multi-console this gen and while I am intrigued by Sunset, Dead Rising 3, Ori, and Gears 4; there hasn't been that one exclusive like KOTOR for the original Xbox or Oblivion (wasn't announced for the PS3 at release) for the 360.

On topic (because I am mostly responsible for taking it off the rails), I would be interested in replaying 999 but not for $40 and I don't want to stack plats so wouldn't replay VLR.  Maybe if it goes on sale or if 999 is sold separately digitally.

I'm pretty sure most Vita fans can say that about their main non-portable console, whether that's PS4 or something else. :P

But my main non-portable is obviously PS3 :awesome:

And I still use it quite frequently :D

It's just PS4 sux :awesome:

Since when has gaming ever been about cost efficiency?   :D

Since the time importing became a thing :awesome:

Since the time importing became a thing :awesome:

I've imported exactly one title in all of my years of gaming, and it was a DS game from England  :P  (Last Window: The Secret of Cape West for anyone curious). If I understood more than a dozen words in Japanese, I'm sure that number would be much higher but I see no point in playing something that I don't understand.

I've imported exactly one title in all of my years of gaming, and it was a DS game from England  :P  (Last Window: The Secret of Cape West for anyone curious). If I understood more than a dozen words in Japanese, I'm sure that number would be much higher but I see no point in playing something that I don't understand.

You should start learning then :D

(And play the complete ZE trilogy in Japanese :awesome:)

I will cross my fingers for a Demon Gaze flash sale appearance sometime down the road.  Thanks for the rec.

No problem :D.

Touche, I forgot about Tales of Vesperia and The Witcher 2 being available on the 360 too.

No need.  There is a perfectly good dub out there.  B)

Don't let the purists tell you otherwise, there are some awesome English dubs for recent Japanese games. I haven't played ZTD or the fully-voiced 999 port yet, but if they're even half as good as the VLR dub, they're just as good if not better than most Western voice casts. And it's not just the dub, it's also the excellent English translation and cultural jokes (e.g. the Star Wars and Star Trek references in VLR).

VLR proves that good dubs and localizations are possible. I'm glad I'm not the only one who appreciates them. :)

Back on topic, I might be tempted to replay 999 and VLR since I finished VLR way back in July 2014. That's enough time to have forgotten most of the puzzles and minor plot points.

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 3

It's Zero Escape! It must be pre-ordered even BEFORE it's announced :awesome:

You make a fair point. :giggle:

Now we just need to create the Phonewave (name subject to change) so we can send D-mails to our past selves in order to make such a thing possible. :awesome:

Or maybe we could SHIFT our consciousnesses to a different history. Either method works. :P

• Like 2

Now we just need to create the Phonewave (name subject to change) so we can send D-mails to our past selves in order to make such a thing possible. :awesome:

Or maybe we could SHIFT our consciousnesses to a different history. Either method works. :P

Frankly, I would SHIFT, but having HanaKana Microwave sounds more than tempting :awesome:

• Like 1

If that doesn't work, there's always Return by Death :awesome:.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm kindof wondering how they will pull off

Spoiler

the Double Screen twist at the end of 999 on just one screen. That was a genius moment when it happened on the DS and some of the brilliance will surely be lost on a single screen.

But anyways, I'm looking forward to this collection very much! 999 is in my top 3 favourite games of all time and ZTD was in my top 3 games of 2016. Haven't had the chance to play VLR yet and I can't wait! 

Edited by QuentinCle95

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:12 PM, awf9495 said:

If I understood more than a dozen words in Japanese, I'm sure that number would be much higher but I see no point in playing something that I don't understand.

Here's an interesting stat for you, there are only 1 million people in the whole world who are not Japanese that can speak Japanese, and at times it can seem like most of them are on gaming forums ;)