Honor Upheld V2.0

TheYuriG

Just now, midgetstrawdog said:

Do I need to be good at the shack shover game? I got 39,250 a while ago but I don't think I could get that score again without practice

Yes, it's a pretty high score. If it helps you, whenever the challenge is sent back at ya, you have as much time as you want to beat it. If you have relatives, they can tap half the screen for ya while you tap the other half and the back.

That's interesting to see, if we can challenge on Rolling Pastures that would make things much easier, but I'm not 100% sure. Also, gaming session is up- it will be on wednesday instead, I likely have to work on Tuesday now so that only leaves Wednesday as a free day. I'm putting 9 AM MST as the time, but we can try to see if that works for everyone and adjust accordingly.

Session Page: HERE

Edited by Hoagie324
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gerniflap027 said:

The question is if it's worth taking the risk to find out if it's going to work with same scores.... 

The only one having a problem will be Hoagie as he has to get more than 29k every time. I only made it once yesterday and it took quite some time.

Everyone is going to have trouble because after he beats it, the TH will have to beat it again.

Just now, TheYuriG said:

Everyone is going to have trouble because after he beats it, the TH will have to beat it again.

Yes, but only once. Hoagie will have to do it (depending on how many players will be there) up to 12 times. 

Also, you said you can fail as much as you want after receiving the challenge. Does that mean that we can press start then retry? Or play until the end and then have the possibility to try again?

1 minute ago, Gerniflap027 said:

Yes, but only once. Hoagie will have to do it (depending on how many players will be there) up to 12 times. 

Also, you said you can fail as much as you want after receiving the challenge. Does that mean that we can press start then retry? Or play until the end and then have the possibility to try again?

By the time Hoagie is doing the 4th run, he will have it replayed so many times that will be pretty easy for him. My highscore was 42k on that mission IIRC.

Yup, you can do either. If you hit a human or miss a clock, fuck it, restart right away. As long as you don't quit, you are good.

37 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

By the time Hoagie is doing the 4th run, he will have it replayed so many times that will be pretty easy for him. My highscore was 42k on that mission IIRC.

Yup, you can do either. If you hit a human or miss a clock, fuck it, restart right away. As long as you don't quit, you are good.

That's right. It's just a pain in the arse to play if you haven't played it much.

Okay, I feel a lot safer now, thanks. One more question: What timezone do the times in gamingsessions refer to? It says 5PM for me, does that mean it really is 5PM for me?

Edit: Nvm, just found it in the settings, it converts to my timezone.

Edited by Gerniflap027
  • Like 1

Also guys- I forgot who posted it earlier in the forum, but achieving these higher scores will be much easier with practice- also a nice little 'cheat' way would be to pause the game when a robot pops up so you can see and know exactly where to tap each time when the doors start opening faster. 39k will be tough to hit exactly but it's possible! (Info also added to comments on session page)

• Like 1

Since hoagie is going to be doing the carries, he is the one with the final call, but I would recommend running through this in the order I've put the waiting list in the OP. When I did my run, I've invited everyone to a party chat and vocally organized it from there. I can give moral assistance if necessary so nothing goes wrong, but with tue, reks and hoagie, I don't think I'm needed.

You people that read the whole thread and understood it, please post back useful feedback to upgrade it when you are done. Anything goes.

I would prefer to keep communication outside of the vita in session chat here on PSNP. as I expect this to take quite some time I guess I'll watch something while keeping the device alive.

Using the messenger app isn't a good idea as we have to see ingame when we get the challenge messages. 

@TheYuriG could you please update the waiting list aswell? I think there are 3 people missing and it wouldn't be fair to do it in another order than in what we signed up

Edited by Gerniflap027

I would like to join this waiting list and gaming session from Hoagie. I just got 39k in Shack Shover so I'm good to go. Also, where will we all communicate when it is the next TH's turn to go? On this forum, the boosting session, or the message apps?

PSNID: terpin888

Time zone: EST

Just a couple days left! When the time comes, I think we should all communicate with the PS Messages app, it keeps us away from having to use the vita or another console to communicate and it can be seen right on your phone. Everyone let me know if that works!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hoagie324 said:

Just a couple days left! When the time comes, I think we should all communicate with the PS Messages app, it keeps us away from having to use the vita or another console to communicate and it can be seen right on your phone. Everyone let me know if that works!

I agree on using PS app, I got one on my phone. Just a question, will you ve using the order of TH as listed by Yuri? Thanks! 

Gonna post some guidelines that @Hoagie324 can beg to follow or ignore, up to him, but I think it would be the best way to organize it.

1. Organize EVERYONE in the same place. Either take turns using Party chat on the vita (yup, you can do that and still run the game, just THs can't leave the challenge wall screen AT ALL). Hoagie can do whatever the fuck he wants because he doesn't need the challenge wall. He can manually invite new players to the party chat, create a new party chat if some MF doesn't want to leave or anything like that. HIGHLY RECOMMEND doing a private party chat if you choose for this route. You all can download/use browser version of https://discordapp.com/ if you want to. Up to you people. Highly recommend using Discord however because of the player limit (8 people) in a party chat. REMEMBER THAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE WAITING AT THE CHALLENGE WALL BEFORE HOAGIE ACCEPTS THE VERY FIRST CHALLENGE OR YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO CHALLENGE HIM ANYMORE, LIKE EVER.
  2. Set a running list of what order will be followed and MAKE EVERYONE BE AWARE OF THAT. Do not, I REPEAT, DO NOT SPAM SP WITH INVITES! All that means is that you are one impatient little bitch and you can't wait your turn. Once again, SP does NOT need to help anyone and the guy is doing you A FAVOR. Be GRATEFUL for being carried even if he takes 3 hours to beat each challenge. If you don't wanna obey SP, then find a SP yourself. If SP tells you to shut the fuck up, you shut the fuck up.
  3. If you sent your challenge and SP is working on that, make sure you are reading the guide again while you wait your turn to come. Remember you need to wait on the screen and wait it freeze a bit before backing out to main menu and being able to defend the challenge. If you fuck this up, you are fucked. Follow the fucking steps, I didn't spend 3 hours writing this thread to have people reading 3 lines, thinking "GG, I got this", then missing your chance of getting the trophy. You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime.
  4. Once you finished the score requirement, if you can, take a printscreen of the trophy popping so I can post here in favor to Hoagie. Guy deserves the fame, he seems to be going to run 20+ people at once, what a legend. Also, got the trophy? Leave the party/discord for a better organization. If you don't need to be there anymore, then don't be. People need to focus on this shit.
  5. BE THANKFUL FOR BEING CARRIED! Guy isn't charging shit for helping you people, drop a "thank you" message here, upvote his posts, send him paypal money/PSN cards if you want or feel like doing, just don't be ungrateful when someone is doing you a favor for free. Remember it will take a couple several hours for Hoagie to run every challenge on this, so PLAN AHEAD and make sure you have PLENTY OF TIME at the session day so you don't need to leave before it's your turn NEITHER YOU TRY TO SEND CHALLENGES BEFORE IT'S YOUR TURN.

Hoagie, feel free to kick anyone harassing you and/or spamming you messages/invitations or sending a challenge before it's their turn. If you want me in the thing helping organizing, let me know beforehand so I won't plan a Terraria carry at the time of the session, but I really think you got this and you won't need me. I recommend setting off notifications for everything in your vita so you can have maximum focus on beating the scores.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Gerniflap027 said:

Like I said,  wouldn't use the app as it can lead to confusion when you get message notifications on your vita.

Not to sound mean but how will you get confused? You'll only get confused when you don't pay attention to the app. You'll know it's your turn when you see in the app. You only need to make sure you don't leave the challenge screen in the vita from start to finish. You know whatever pops on your vita you'll just ignore it until Hoagie signals you that it's your turn already and you'll see that in the message app. 

13 hours ago, reckscollie said:

Not to sound mean but how will you get confused? You'll only get confused when you don't pay attention to the app. You'll know it's your turn when you see in the app. You only need to make sure you don't leave the challenge screen in the vita from start to finish. You know whatever pops on your vita you'll just ignore it until Hoagie signals you that it's your turn already and you'll see that in the message app. 

Hm yes, thinking about it you are right. 

On 1/3/2017 at 1:45 AM, TheYuriG said:

@Hoagie324

1. Organize EVERYONE in the same place. Either take turns using Party chat on the vita (yup, you can do that and still run the game, just THs can't leave the challenge wall screen AT ALL).

I rarely use this feature so I have a question. How will another TH accept a party chat invite while not leaving the challenge wall?

Just now, reckscollie said:

I rarely use this feature so I have a question. How will another TH accept a party chat invite while not leaving the challenge wall?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM that was a pretty retarded suggestion now that you said that. THs can't leave the challenge wall at all. I'll edit that out and remove that. Party chat is totally out of the question (unless people have extra PS Vitas or PS4s close by?)

8 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM that was a pretty retarded suggestion now that you said that. THs can't leave the challenge wall at all. I'll edit that out and remove that. Party chat is totally out of the question (unless people have extra PS Vitas or PS4s close by?)

Ahh ok. I forgot that maybe they have extra consoles. Unluckily, I only have my vita. Thanks for the clarification.