A Casual Attack on Your Backlog

Update:

L5e6b82.png

I bought and completely played through The Last Guardian. Forgot to put it here as a season one goal in advance so I won't put it in my S1 goals, but it's still something I eliminated from my backlog so I'm putting it there.

At first I was going to wait with this game even though the collector's edition statuette looked very cool. Then suddenly there was a price drop even though the game was out for barely a month - the collector's edition went down from €130 to €70... YES PLEASE! Could not resist that price.

As for the game itself, the controls are kind of clunky (and I mean the human controls, I did not have as big of a problem with commanding Trico as everybody makes it out to be) and there's some unnecessary padding in an already slow moving story but yeah, the visuals and adventure make up for a lot. I thought this was a really nice game to play through, I may play through it a second time somewhere down the line.

L727275.png

Played a little bit more, I'm very sad that I did not play this back in the day because I'm missing the nostalgia goggles now and can see how it has aged. Fun game though.

Stats:

Spoiler

Season I

• Assassin's Creed II || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 87% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: story || start: 16% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Bloodborne || PS4 || goal: story || start: 3%
  • Deadpool || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, finish: 40%
  • LEGO Marvel's Avengers || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 5%, current: 9%
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS1
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS2
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MSX
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS3
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS4
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS5
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS6
  • Õkami HD || PS3 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • Psychonauts || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, current: 7%
  • The Witcher 3 || PS4 || goal: story || start: 9% (but will restart the campaign)

2017 long goals

• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 73% (finished story on 57%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 51% (finished story on 51%)
  • Assassin's Creed III || PS3 || goal: 100% DLC Ep2/Ep3 || current: 0%/0% (started 2017 on 0%/0%)
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag || PS4 || goal: MP grind || current: 0/2 (level: 21/55, started 2017 on level 7)
  • DRIVECLUB || PS4 || goal: Champion in season pass DLC || current: 0/11 (other 7 done before 2017)

Eliminated from Backlog

• Actual Sunlight (Vita) (100%)
  • Assassin's Creed II (PS4) (100%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS4)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS4)
  • The Deadly Tower Of Monsters (PS4) (100%)
  • Deadpool (PS4)
  • The Last Guardian (PS4)
  • Metal Slug Anthology (PS4)
  • Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

Ok, another Update done!

On 29.1.2017 at 3:51 AM, NebbyLunala said:

I read that you can join mid-season. While there are some games I wouldn't consider backlog, some of the games were platinums on my old account and I'd like to work on those in the first season. I have six games willing to be put up on my list.

Yes, you can join mid-season, just submit your list and get going! :)

9 hours ago, Fredoline05 said:

Anyhow, thanks for this event, it gave me 3 platinums that I was unlikely to get without it. Now I'll start thinking on what to put on my list for season 2

Congrats! :)

And im happy you're enjoying the event! Also, if you want, you can add games to your season 1 list, so you dont need to wait for season 2! 

Le47b38.png

I got AC Unity finished, so its done for the event, but i'll keep playing and probably go for 100%

21 minutes ago, gernboes said:

Le47b38.png

I got AC Unity finished, so its done for the event, but i'll keep playing and probably go for 100%

That reminds me, anyone in here up for the multiplayer of the PS4 version of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag?

I noticed that the online multiplayer is kind of empty except for deathmatch and wolfpack, so I wanted to do all the different modes once with other people.

10 hours ago, Fredoline05 said:

Anyhow, thanks for this event, it gave me 3 platinums that I was unlikely to get without it. Now I'll start thinking on what to put on my list for season 2

Season 1 still runs until the 31st of March.

33 minutes ago, hedgepig103 said:

Just seen this event, I've already started a personal list from the beginning of this month. Can I join now with what I am through that list? 

As gernboes has said, just a couple pf posts above yours. You can join at anytime, you just have to list up the games you intend on getting through with the individual goals for each.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gernboes said:

Congrats! :)

And im happy you're enjoying the event! Also, if you want, you can add games to your season 1 list, so you dont need to wait for season 2! 

5 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Season 1 still runs until the 31st of March.

I'm aware of this, but seeing I use this event solely for games I need motivation to go back to I don't want to put to much on my lists per season, 3 games every 3 months should be enough, this doesn't mean that I don't continue working on my backlog, just that I'll play newer games that interest me more.

However I will try to 100% Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered, which wasn't really my goal but seeing I got the plat already I might aswell get the game off my backlog. Maybe I'll add another game to season 1 but it's not sure yet, seeing next week I'm going on a vacation and I want to finish Uncharted completely, I'll see after that.

1 hour ago, Fredoline05 said:

I'm aware of this, but seeing I use this event solely for games I need motivation to go back to I don't want to put to much on my lists per season, 3 games every 3 months should be enough, this doesn't mean that I don't continue working on my backlog, just that I'll play newer games that interest me more.

However I will try to 100% Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered, which wasn't really my goal but seeing I got the plat already I might aswell get the game off my backlog. Maybe I'll add another game to season 1 but it's not sure yet, seeing next week I'm going on a vacation and I want to finish Uncharted completely, I'll see after that.

No problem if you dont want to, just wanted to make sure you are  aware that you could! ;)

6 hours ago, gernboes said:

Yes, you can join mid-season, just submit your list and get going! :)

Okay, here it is! ^_^ Goal: Get Platinum of all of these titles before March's end:

• Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance HD (11% complete)
  • LEGO Dimensions (not started yet)
  • Psychonauts (not started yet)
  • Sly 2 (Vita version, not started yet)
  • World of Final Fantasy (11% complete)

Not going for too many games as some of the trophies are going to take a while to grind out and one is very annoying.

Did a bunch of games at once and am taking the games in small bites since I am not feeling very well. :(

Sly 2: Band of Thieves: 0% -> 21%

Finished up the first mission on the first chapter and already got a ton of trophies for getting 1000 coins, getting 30 bottles and buying a couple of gadgets for Bentley and Murray.

LEGO Dimensions: 0% -> 13%

Completed the first five chapters and got the trophies Forever Alone and the upgrade trophies.

Psychonauts: 0% -> 8%

Completed the first mind and did a few miscellaneous trophies. Got Pyrokinesis before the psychic shot, haven't even entered Sasha Nein's mind yet. Also did most of the miscellaneous trophies, though I'm sure my PS4 will hate me for messing with the date.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

Psychonauts: 0% -> 8%

Completed the first mind and did a few miscellaneous trophies. Got Pyrokinesis before the psychic shot, haven't even entered Sasha Nein's mind yet. Also did most of the miscellaneous trophies, though I'm sure my PS4 will hate me for messing with the date.

I am doing Psychonauts now for the first time ever and without a guide... What exactly do you need the date changed for?

12 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I am doing Psychonauts now for the first time ever and without a guide... What exactly do you need the date changed for?

You need to have the date on your PS4 be Christmas Day(12/25/2017) for one trophy which involves buying something on Christmas Day from the camp store. Or you can wait until this Christmas Day, but it's much easier to hack the date on your PS4, buy the item to pop the trophy, and then change it back.

21 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

You need to have the date on your PS4 be Christmas Day(12/25/2017) for one trophy which involves buying something on Christmas Day from the camp store. Or you can wait until this Christmas Day, but it's much easier to hack the date on your PS4, buy the item to pop the trophy, and then change it back.

Nah, I'll just wait for Christmas then. Thanks for the info.

Update:

Got the Dragon Quest Heroes Plat. Great game but DQ VIII is still my favourite. This one had a major difficulty spike with one of the last post game bosses but I stuck with it and finally managed to beat him.

Here's my progress on my other games: (Why did I pick so many RPG's?? :facepalm:)

Final Fantasy XV (62%) +34% Working on a bunch of side quests.

Disgaea 5 (82%) +30% Only need to defeat Carnage Dark and do 10 billion damage.

Borderlands The Pre Sequel (76%) +46% Story and all quests finished, just need to do other character trophies, lvl 50 & DLC.

Rogue Galaxy (24%)

Final Fantasy XIV (70%) My sub expired over xmas so need to sign up again.

MotoGP13 (94%) Only need mp trophies.

• Like 1

Wow that brutal mode on Uncharted is really hard, I'm at chapter 4 now and already giving up hope. This game will be hard to finish but I'll keep going untill it's done.

Seeing it's the end of the month here's my January backlog update:

Spoiler

Games at backlog at the start of the month: 174

Games added to the backlog: 6

Games finished (100%) in January: 5

Spoiler

Heavy Rain:

The first game for this event. It's a storytelling game where your decisions and actions decide on the outcome of the story. The story is about a father trying to save his son from a serial killer. The story is actually pretty good, the only problem with this kind of games is that if you want all trophies you have to play many playthroughs to get all trophies, and once you've gotten to the end once you know the story and so it becomes less interesting. Happy I got this one off my list though.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2:

I had never played a spider-man game before and eventhough in the beginning the swinging seemed a really tough way to get from one place to another once I got used to it it was quite fun. The game wasn't to hard and a bit short in my opinion, I would have liked it to be a bit longer. In all a game I really liked and I'm happy I picked it up on a promotion.

Super Exploding Zoo!:

The 2nd game for this event and the one I felt the less eager to go back to. It's a puzzler where you have to safe your eggs in your zoo with the help of exploding animals. Not really my kind of game but once I got to it I got through it pretty fast. The trophy guide helped alot and so did my boosting partner for the multiplayer trophies.

Assassin's Creed II:

The first part of the Ezio Collection Trilogy. And having platted Black Flag, Unity and Syndicate it was only logical that I'd pick that up. Although the controls felt a little clumsy, the story was nice and the game was a pleasure to play (eventhough some feathers really annoyed me). This one was my 50th platinum and will forever be a milestone on my profile.

Guns up!:

This game made it back to my backlog this month with the newest (free) DLC release which had 2 new trophies. In this game you have to create your army and defeat the opponents army. I like this game so going back to it to grab up those trophies was fun, I hope it'll be back on my backlog soon.

Games removed for any other reason: 2: Dead Star (Servers are down so most trophies are unobtainable, I'm not going to start this knowing this), Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (Apparently I only have the Core Fighters edition which doesn't have any trophies)

Games on the backlog at the end of the month: 173

The backlog went down by 1 (ok it is because I removed games without playing them but still) all by all a good month finishing a few bigger games and getting closer to finishing some others. Not sure what to expect for February's progress though seeing I'll go on holiday and won't have that much time to play.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, my health was not willing so I wasn't able to get more than one more game updated today. Maybe after some NyQuil and vapors I'll feel ready to tackle the others. :(

• Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance HD (23%)
  • LEGO Dimensions (13%)
  • Psychonauts (8%)
  • Sly 2 (34%)
  • World of Final Fantasy (11%)

Checking in for the end of the month:

• Dishonored Definitive Edition || PS4 || Goal: Daud DLC story completion || Start: 68% || Current: 79% - Goal Complete
  • Dragon Age Inquisition || PS4 || Goal: Story completion inc Trespasser DLC || Start: 37% || Current: 38%
  • Tales of Graces f || PS3 || Goal: Story completion || Start: 11%
  • Yakuza 5 || PS3 || Goal: Story completion || Start: 14% || Current: 21%

I finished an (extremely) high chaos run through the Dishonored DLC, so that's one goal complete.  Looking forward to going back for a ghost / clean hands run at some point for a different perspective on the levels.

Also finished Part 1 (Kiryu's section) of Yakuza 5; there were a few too many long, subdued cutscene conversations along the way, but it ended on a ridiculously over-the-top payoff to make it worthwhile.  On to Saejima now - hopefully he won't have the 'constantly hassled by the cops' thing that made getting around in 4 a pain in the neck.

First month is over an started the new one with the plat for Corpse Party: Blood Drive

Season 1:

• Dungeons 2 - Finish Story/Campaign
  • Corpse Party: Blood Drive - Plat (Season 1) - 4/10
  • Need for Speed Rivals - just messing about, while gaining a few ranks as Racer/Cop
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue - Finish Story

Eliminated from Backlog

• Killzone - Plat (Pre-season) - 4/10
  • Risen 3 - Enhanced Edition (planned for Season 1, completed during Pre-season) - 3/10
  • Borderlands - get last trophy for 100% (Season 1) - 8/10
  • The Escapists: The Walking Dead - Plat (Season 1) - 5/10
  • Monster Monpiece - Plat (started Pre-season, completed during Season 1) - 6/10
  • Crysis  - Plat (Season 1) - 7/10
  • Lost Dimension - Plat (started Pre-season, completed during Season 1) - 8/10
  • Alekhine's Gun - Plat (Season 1) - 6/10

Corpse Party: Blood Drive

Wasn't a fan of this one. It's marketed as a horror adventure game, is barely anything else than a Visual Novel though. Essentially this boils down to a lot of text, more so a lot of pointless text. There's dialogues at the start of each chapter, every 2-3 minutes while you're actually playing, and then again at the end of each chapter. Being constantly interrupted in the little gameplay there is, is infuriating. Not to mention it's supposed to be a horror game, any possible immersion goes out the window.

Then again, there are no horror elements to begin with... The first "creepy" image was supposed to be a girl that was either faceless or covered in blood. What it actually was, was a girl that had her face painted red, behind which you could still see the lines for the eyes, mouth and so on. The game wasn't scary, nor creepy, nor violent (yes there's bloody animations, but they just look silly).

The story aspect is throwaway material, if you haven't played the previous games, so yeah. What's left is running around a school, with a lot of running back and forth between wings looking for items or text.heavy cutscenes to trigger in order to proceed, while occasionally being chased by spirits that can be killed with banish paper.

It also has performance drops. Towards the end of chapter 9 there are swinging axes that you need to get past. Well, as soon as you get near those axes the game craps the fuck out and lags as soon as you start moving. I don't know how many times I died where I actually see the character jump back frames on screen while I was pressing forward. Oh and before I forget, the load times are the only ting terrifying, especially as you need to reload a previous save constantly to get the different endings. The text is also unskippable,so you have to go through the same crap several times. The boss fight is the most anticlimactic fight ever. It's like kids throwing snowballs at each other, but politely waiting for each others turn.

I also did some minor progress in NFS Rivals, went from rank 13 to 16 as a racer.. That's pretty much it though.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

Completed the second episode of the Assassin's Creed III DLC. Can't expand that much on my view after the first episode. Alternate history is still boring. Glad there aren't any "don't underestimate the power of the tea" lines in this episode though.

Spoiler

Season I

• Assassin's Creed II || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 87% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: story || start: 16% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Bloodborne || PS4 || goal: story || start: 3%
  • Deadpool || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, finish: 40%
  • LEGO Marvel's Avengers || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 5%, current: 9%
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS1
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS2
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MSX
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS3
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS4
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS5
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS6
  • Õkami HD || PS3 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • Psychonauts || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, current: 7%
  • The Witcher 3 || PS4 || goal: story || start: 9% (but will restart the campaign)

2017 long goals

• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 73% (finished story on 57%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 51% (finished story on 51%)
  • Assassin's Creed III || PS3 || goal: 100% DLC Ep2/Ep3 || current: 100%/0% (started 2017 on 0%/0%)
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag || PS4 || goal: MP grind || current: 0/2 (level: 21/55, started 2017 on level 7)
  • DRIVECLUB || PS4 || goal: Champion in season pass DLC || current: 0/11 (other 7 done before 2017)

Eliminated from Backlog

• Actual Sunlight (Vita) (100%)
  • Assassin's Creed II (PS4) (100%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS4)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS4)
  • The Deadly Tower Of Monsters (PS4) (100%)
  • Deadpool (PS4)
  • The Last Guardian (PS4)
  • Metal Slug Anthology (PS4)
  • Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

36 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

The two games I know I will probably get platinum on are Sly 2 and LEGO Dimensions. Psychonauts is just behind(because of that dang punching game which has you do precision punching) and after that will be the RPGs because they require a lot of grinding.

That punching thing turned out to be my first trophy... It's not so bad if you keep going back to the centre in anticipation of the next cutout.

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

That punching thing turned out to be my first trophy... It's not so bad if you keep going back to the centre in anticipation of the next cutout.

I've tried that but I have bad coordination, I always punch too late. I'll try it when I revisit Oleander's Basic Braining course(I triggered the glowworm so I can just teleport there). Update coming soon.