Guide of the Year Awards 2016 - Nomination Thread

Platisfaction

6 minutes ago, hasegawa2010 said:

I would like to vote for Resident Evil 0 guide (guide writer: DarkHarmonixer)

Reasons:

1. Recommended playthroughs for non-RE veteran players (including myself)
  2. Boss battle strategy
  3. Recommended weapons 
  4. Detailed list of missable items and files in chronological order
  5. Puzzle solution

Now those are some solid reasons! :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Happy said:

Why people are continuing to vote for guides that are guaranteed to make top ten anyway i may never know.

Actually, it's justifiable. You are supposed to vote for the guide you think is the best without any other influence :)

So, if it's the guide you used and liked the most, it shouldn't matter that it's top tier one :D

It's just guide team will have more work to do in selecting other TOP 10 guides =D

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I noticed some also think that the top 3 guides with the most votes will automatically win.

3 hours ago, Platisfaction said:

The rules are crystal clear on that, so this is probably the 'tl;dr'-effect...

I think Happy probably is just thinking is people vote different guides rather than the same ones, the more guides get will get nominated :P 

My vote goes to Until Dawn - Walkthrough & collectibles Guide by @QuentinCle95.

The guide has some really neat tables to keep the data organized, the best table is the one with the time of a video to find the exact collectible's location, all times are clickable! It was really helpful to get the platinum trophy for Until Dawn. Another thing I liked about it was the fact the writer suggests to do a  blind playthrough of the game first, which is always a good thing to do and to advise.

24 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

@Sly Ripper when the time's up, we still need to do a final check and add today's nominations too, so please don't lock the thread immediately.

I still should be able to edit the OP after the tread is closed, shouldn't I? Because I was planning to be fast asleep by that time... We agreed in midnight GMT, but I have to get up at 5.45 AM GMT +1 :P

1 hour ago, Xxleonardo97xX said:

My vote goes to Until Dawn - Walkthrough & collectibles Guide by @QuentinCle95.

The guide has some really neat tables to keep the data organized, the best table is the one with the time of a video to find the exact collectible's location, all times are clickable! It was really helpful to get the platinum trophy for Until Dawn. Another thing I liked about it was the fact the writer suggests to do a  blind playthrough of the game first, which is always a good thing to do and to advise.

Wow, my first nomination! Thanks a lot man :D 

My vote goes to @Mah2c and @Omar280792's Dark Souls III guide.

• It's meticulous, complete and then some.
  • More than anything else, I loved the collectables list that had every collectable location clearly explained, and noticeably marked specific missable collectables. (I printed all these lists out!)
  • I also think (though it's not something I used since I wanted to experience and beat everything on my own accord) the recommended level addition and specific detailed boss guides must have been very helpful for some people!
  • It shows that a lot of work and love went into this guide, from the sheer massiveness of the guide to the finer details put into it, and I think that deserves recognition :)
Edited by QuentinCle95
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Platisfaction said:

I still should be able to edit the OP after the tread is closed, shouldn't I? Because I was planning to be fast asleep by that time... We agreed in midnight GMT, but I have to get up at 5.45 AM GMT +1 :P

The option to lock/unlock your own threads is missing, not sure if it's been added in the meantime though. 

That's ok, I can do the check.

Edit:

Important:

That should be it for the deadline, no more nominations will be accepted after this post. Thank you all for nominating. The final standings will be announced shortly.

Edited by Dragon-Archon