Levels

DrakeHellsing

Just a quick question about the levels on selecting them, do they show how many relic parts are in each levels? As well as gems? Since I did miss two of those skull fragments already.  But for now, just pressing forward :D

The level select tells you how many vases you've smashed so you'll easily be able to know which ones to replay for missing relic parts and gems. :)

The level select tells you how many vases you've smashed so you'll easily be able to know which ones to replay for missing relic parts and gems. :)

Thanks for that, decided to go back to some of the levels... even though I've just finished the second book/chapter, but that worked, found my missing vases so far.  Man, some are rather well hidden for sure.

Thanks for that, decided to go back to some of the levels... even though I've just finished the second book/chapter, but that worked, found my missing vases so far.  Man, some are rather well hidden for sure.

They sure are. Playing on the PS4 seems to make finding them a little easier though as the cursor snaps to the vase if it's near.

• Like 1

They sure are. Playing on the PS4 seems to make finding them a little easier though as the cursor snaps to the vase if it's near.

I found one or two of them that it didn't work properly with, and it kind of bounced them away from the vase instead of snapping to it. Was annoying trying to hold it steady enough to register and smash them.

Also kind of bummed the touchpad didn't get used for that at all. Oh well.

• Like 1

I found one or two of them that it didn't work properly with, and it kind of bounced them away from the vase instead of snapping to it. Was annoying trying to hold it steady enough to register and smash them.

Also kind of bummed the touchpad didn't get used for that at all. Oh well.

Yeah I had that happen to me a couple of times too but I found if I moved Lara to the next space along it would usually snap on without issue.

Makes me wish I did play the PS4 version, as finding these vases on the Vita can be annoying for sue.  And speaking of versions, does the PS4 version take a while to start up? Or no?

Nope, it's quick. It does have a bit of lag sometimes though which I was really unimpressed by considering it's such a simple game.

Nope, it's quick. It does have a bit of lag sometimes though which I was really unimpressed by considering it's such a simple game.

Then I wonder why the Vita version suffers from that.  I load it up, takes a while for it to move past the first screen onto the second screen, hangs there for a moment before it finally does something.

Anyone know where that second vase is in the Chapel? It's the Mirror of Spirits level.  I know it's a relic piece I need, but can't seem to find the vase.  Wanted to go and get this one before grabbing the last one.

Edit: Found it... I think it was near the level exit on the second area... I just tapped around and got it when I tapped near said exit.  I think it was by the pillar itself.

Edited by DrakeHellsing

Sounds like Vita version is bad again... why am I not surprised :\

Don't get me wrong, the controls were fine most of the time (except when I want to move right, and she moves up into an enemy to be killed, slight difference in aiming).  And tapping on the vases to break them was actually good.  Just the loading times of the game is what was annoying, especially starting the game up.

But still, it was a nice game in the end, even if the puzzles started to get confusing, especially the Mirror of Spirits puzzles.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, ALLSTAR_1980 said:

in the beginning the controls were okay, but towards the end (last two levels) i found them to be awful... somehow always one move messed up a whole section...

You messing up isn't a problem, that's the game. I was more annoyed with the speed of move animations. That'd make messing up less annoying.

• Like 1

On 25.12.2016 at 7:57 PM, MMDE said:

You messing up isn't a problem, that's the game. I was more annoyed with the speed of move animations. That'd make messing up less annoying.

Yeah well, I somehow found Hitman Go being better concerning the controls, perhaps because I was able to use the d'pad...

Edited by ALLSTAR_1980
  • Like 1

On 12/27/2016 at 9:33 AM, ALLSTAR_1980 said:

Yeah well, I somehow found Hitman Go being better concerning the controls, perhaps because I was able to use the d'pad...

Now that I think more about it. I actually agree with you. I hated the controls! I mean the way you selected where to move. I so often messed it up. And how long it took to move around bored me to death as well.

If you liked the idea of the game, I recommend checking out this game:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1012-hamiltons-great-adventure

I liked that much more, but it is a harder game, and it's PS3, and it requires 2 controllers. One of the trophies can be done solo, but so much easier with someone, even someone who can barely use a PS3 controller. Just to move a couple of spaces to keep up some combo or something. I at least had a very hard time doing it alone, but could probably have made it, but I then instructed my wife what to do (which took 2 mins or something), and she did it perfectly for me each time, and I made it on like one to three tries or something. If you wonder what trophy I'm speaking about, it's this one:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1012-hamiltons-great-adventure/13-egyptologist

You do it at the end of the game, when you've done most other stuff, much easier then and you know how the game works.

On 28.12.2016 at 3:09 PM, MMDE said:

Now that I think more about it. I actually agree with you. I hated the controls! I mean the way you selected where to move. I so often messed it up. And how long it took to move around bored me to death as well.

If you liked the idea of the game, I recommend checking out this game:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1012-hamiltons-great-adventure

I liked that much more, but it is a harder game, and it's PS3, and it requires 2 controllers. One of the trophies can be done solo, but so much easier with someone, even someone who can barely use a PS3 controller. Just to move a couple of spaces to keep up some combo or something. I at least had a very hard time doing it alone, but could probably have made it, but I then instructed my wife what to do (which took 2 mins or something), and she did it perfectly for me each time, and I made it on like one to three tries or something. If you wonder what trophy I'm speaking about, it's this one:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1012-hamiltons-great-adventure/13-egyptologist

You do it at the end of the game, when you've done most other stuff, much easier then and you know how the game works.

thanks for the advice man! :) If I have time, i'll try it out!

Edited by ALLSTAR_1980

• 6 months later...
On 12/25/2016 at 7:48 PM, ALLSTAR_1980 said:

in the beginning the controls were okay, but towards the end (last two levels) i found them to be awful... somehow always one move messed up a whole section...

Yeah I'm having that issue now. Somehow Lara doesn't go up/left/right/down when you push the analog stick in that direction but instead you have to move the analog stick diagonal or something for her to go the right way and for some reason there are times when she just refuses to grab a pillar to slide it back and instead just jumps. 

I get why open world games like Assassin's Creed have not so accurate controls because there's a lot to them but this is basically just a turn based board game and I'm really not sure if I will do Hitman Go even though I bought it in the same sale as this game.