Header Images

Azakos

Thanks, but there's no need to worry about new games as I always add images for those very soon after they're added to the site. I haven't done this game because I tried to upload an image for the Star Wars Racing Revenge but it looks like doing that actually temporarily crashed the site when I tried two different images. So I'll not be touching that for a few hours to let the server cool down, haha :P

Also as Tortuga said, try not to recommend any images with logos in the way.

Not sure if this is the right topic to post this in, but.....

Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers is still listed just as PS3. It's shared with PS4 and doesn't have a separate list unfornutely. :(:P

Okay, cool. I'll let Sly know about it in a day or two if he doesn't see your post. ;) If you have something like this in the future you can send me a PM if you wanna

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've noticed the japanese version of Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate (http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2137-無双OROCHI2-Ultimate/) uses a Dead or Alive 5 screenshot for a header. Granted, it's from an Orochi crossover, but still, wrong game. Header from the western version would be more appropriate.

Ah yes, you're right, thanks for pointing that out! Fixed ;) You may have to refresh the page to see the changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Heyo Blind Mango, I kinda just realized this, maybe Im just as blind as you :P but can we change the headers for these 2 games? Preferably a pic where its the actual game >_<

DiRT 2 -  The current one is a pic from DiRT 3 lmao  :facepalm:

1. http://images.psxextreme.com/wallpapers/ps3/dirt_2_1360.jpg
  2. http://imgur.com/x7Feich

Gran Turismo 5 - the current is actually gameplay from the prologue 

1. http://www.wallpaperup.com/uploads/wallpapers/2014/03/31/316320/34453e5a22d8f126f95ead59dea06a96.jpg
  2. http://www.electricblueskies.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Gran-Turismo-5-GT5-2160p-Wallpaper-24-Special-Stage-Route-5.jpg
  3. http://imgur.com/9LbWkJT

Whichever pic works best for the site in quality wise as these pics do a good job showing the game off, i really love them

Heyo Blind Mango, I kinda just realized this, maybe Im just as blind as you :P but can we change the headers for these 2 games? Preferably a pic where its the actual game >_<

DiRT 2 -  The current one is a pic from DiRT 3 lmao  :facepalm:

Gran Turismo 5 - the current is actually gameplay from the prologue 

Whichever pic works best for the site in quality wise as these pics do a good job showing the game off, i really love them

Hey, nice find with DiRT 2, I've changed it to one of your images actually from the game :P

As far as Gran Turismo 5, it's honestly okay that it's an image from the prologue as the prologue is essentially Gran Turismo 5, but with less content lol. In addition it's a great image too. The ones you recommend look okay as full images but when cropped to fit the header image they usually take out all of the nice parts of the image, plus they're at night time which usually doesn't look all that great as header images. In other words, the current GT5 image has a lot of great qualities to it, it looks good, and it's gonna take a lot to convince me to change it, lol

Hey, nice find with DiRT 2, I've changed it to one of your images actually from the game :P

As far as Gran Turismo 5, it's honestly okay that it's an image from the prologue as the prologue is essentially Gran Turismo 5, but with less content lol. In addition it's a great image too. The ones you recommend look okay as full images but when cropped to fit the header image they usually take out all of the nice parts of the image, plus they're at night time which usually doesn't look all that great as header images. In other words, the current GT5 image has a lot of great qualities to it, it looks good, and it's gonna take a lot to convince me to change it, lol

Haha well hey it looks nice now!

I know it does look nice, for that specific game lol, i used to have that same pic as my desktop background when the game came out! :P But man GT5 is so beautiful at night!

Edited by X_RaceKing_X

Hey there, I just found out this thread was a thing, so I thought I'd help out by contributing:

I think the image used as the header for HEAVY RAIN is a bit pixelated and thought a higher quality version would be more suitable.

Or maybe even a different one altogether

Hey, so when you say pixelated I guess you're referring to the horizontal black lines in the black background? That's not really the fault of the actual image, but more a problem with the layer the site has above it that puts a sort of shadow in-between the text and the image in a gradient sort of way - I also think the site compressed it in a weird way too, those two things put a weird effect on that image.

Either way, I actually already have an image lined up for Heavy Rain (like many other games) that I'll apply after the big site update that's coming soon, it will be up in the next few months, it's gonna look sharper and better and all that ;) I don't want to apply it right now because it would actually be the dimensions of the future site update instead of the current one and it would just be stretched or chopped off at the bottom and look worse, lol it's all a bit complicated at the moment xD

Hey, so when you say pixelated I guess you're referring to the horizontal black lines in the black background? That's not really the fault of the actual image, but more a problem with the layer the site has above it that puts a sort of shadow in-between the text and the image in a gradient sort of way - I also think the site compressed it in a weird way too, those two things put a weird effect on that image.

Either way, I actually already have an image lined up for Heavy Rain (like many other games) that I'll apply after the big site update that's coming soon, it will be up in the next few months, it's gonna look sharper and better and all that ;) I don't want to apply it right now because it would actually be the dimensions of the future site update instead of the current one and it would just be stretched or chopped off at the bottom and look worse, lol it's all a bit complicated at the moment xD

Oh okay, I just assumed it was the image itself since some appear blurry or pixelated while others look great in comparison :P I didn't know there was a site update coming soon, I look forward to it ^^ If you want/need help with header images after it, then I'd be happy to help ^^

Oh okay, I just assumed it was the image itself since some appear blurry or pixelated while others look great in comparison :P I didn't know there was a site update coming soon, I look forward to it ^^ If you want/need help with header images after it, then I'd be happy to help ^^

Oh yeah, it's looking really good! Can't wait for everyone to see it in all its glory =D I've done a lot of preparations for the header images so it shouldn't be too bad for me actually, but thanks! If I do end up needing some help I'll be sure to ask ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...