MP. Are They Cheating?

Dragn_Whytefyre

Yesterday, I hit a guy with a Molotov and two point blank shots from the Shorty. He killed me.

Tonight, I shot a guy THREE times in a row (maybe ten feet away) with the El Diablo. He killed me.

Plus, I saw a guy tonight, at week zero, get fourteen kills and using a 9mm with a silencer.

So... are they cheating somehow or is it me? I haven't been doing mp that long. Maybe I'm missing something?

I'm not mad or bitching. Just trying to figure out why some of my kills aren't kills. Three El Diablo shots without going down? I don't see how.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  ??

So molotovs have a funky property. getting hit by the bottle often will not kill. Which could explain that part and if they wore armour it would explain surviving the shots as well. it's hard to say exactly though unless you have some gameplay footage though

12 minutes ago, Parker said:

What is your connection like? Lag can make it seem like your shots are connecting when they really aren't.

Parker

No lag at all. Which now that you brought it up, is unusual.  Seems to depend on the game.

9 minutes ago, Dreggit said:

So molotovs have a funky property. getting hit by the bottle often will not kill. Which could explain that part and if they wore armour it would explain surviving the shots as well. it's hard to say exactly though unless you have some gameplay footage though

No footage. Sorry. Haven't a clue how to do that sort of thing.

Depends on if they are wearing armor:

2 El Diablo shots with no armor, 3 if they are.

some people can take 2 Molotov cocktails if they are moving while being hit and don't take the full force. Armor can prevent death if it was not a direct hit. Also, shortys cause a lot of flinching and may not of counted your throw.

Lastly, 9 mm does take 4-5 shots normally, but headshots can take it down to 3. It's also very possible that the person was just finishing people off.

I am not throwing out the idea if cheating, but you could legitimately be that good though. The 9mm sounds a little bit much, but it's possible. I've come across hackers before on the PS3, but it was CLEARLY obvious that it was hacked.

27 minutes ago, Goddess_Noire said:

On PS3 it is complicated to justify certain "things" since in many games it is easy to find hackers / cheaters (I've already played MW3 against invisible people)

I just thought it odd he had the 9mm silencer at week zero. I don't know. I haven't looked through all the DLC equipment. Maybe he bought it? Can you even buy silencers?

1 minute ago, Dragn_Dolphin said:

I just thought it odd he had the 9mm silencer at week zero. I don't know. I haven't looked through all the DLC equipment. Maybe he bought it? Can you even buy silencers?

I can't remember right now but on store you can buy everything !
But remember to record your game next time to be easier to understand your situation

1 hour ago, Dragn_Dolphin said:

On PS3 it often shows that some person is on week zero although in reality they weren't. So, I think it was just some higher level player. I personally had many 9mm only matches and dominated them (sorry for bragging but I'm so good ;) ).

On December 10, 2016 at 1:36 AM, Juzota said:

On PS3 it often shows that some person is on week zero although in reality they weren't. So, I think it was just some higher level player. I personally had many 9mm only matches and dominated them (sorry for bragging but I'm so good ;) ).

You may be right. Just went up against a week zero who got 16 downs by himself. He's either a sad person who has to cheat to make people think he's that good, he's ridiculously talented at mp or a high level player who showed up as a zero. 

• Like 1

Haven't played the MP in like a year on PS3 :D But during the time, I played it for the trophys, I encountered Hackers several times and guys with horrible lag. 

For example, once I had one player, who was spamming molotoves over and over nonstop. Of course this match wasn't fun ^^' Or another guy, who didn't took any damage by nobody. I will  never get, how this is fun.

And I mentioned guys with lag. I encountered several times guys, who where lagging around the map. It was almost impossible to hit them and they often killed using knives. One moment they were in front of u and suddenly they apeared behind u xD

SO, it could be one of these cases or a hacker.

Edited by cybershark91