PS4 resume download

Natsuu24

Hi guys!!
Yesterday, i leave my ps4 all day downloading 1 update for game (40G) and only missed 4/6G. Well, in the night, i leave my console off. This morning, i was planning returning download the update, and...again 40G to download. This happens to you too ?? Games i pause download and can return with no problem. The update too, but if i turn off the console it will start again :o

If you put your console in rest mode it will download through the night while you sleep. If you turn it off it should resume from where it left off when you turn the system back on, it may take a minute or two for the progress bar to reflect the real progress but it shouldn't have to redownload the entire update or file.

Parker

I changed my HDD a few months ago and naturally I had to do a lot of updates. I just turned off the console at the end of the day and when I turned it back on whatever I've downloaded was saved. The % however did reset to 0%, BUT it was 0% for the remainder only. Are you sure that's not what you were seeing?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Parker said:

If you put your console in rest mode it will download through the night while you sleep. If you turn it off it should resume from where it left off when you turn the system back on, it may take a minute or two for the progress bar to reflect the real progress but it shouldn't have to redownload the entire update or file.

Parker

I know that, but my update really started from 0. For example, if i downloaded 5/6G from 40G, and pause/resume, the download will be only 34/35G. But yesteday it was again 40G. But no problem, i already started again and finish :)

11 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Wow, Nat you always seem to run into issues. Sucks to be you...:facepalm: anyways. What update is this?? 40Gb? Also Ive heard its better to pause then turn off console rather than just turn off because stuff aren't actually on system when "downloading" and cannn dissappear sometimes on turning back on system.

Edit: also are you using a databank?

Meh... not always, because this is a "really issue", but nothing like ask the community to see if this happens to the others too (i hope to see in future a "smalltalk topic" or something, because instead create topics for every small doubt/error, we just can acess that chat topic and tell) :D Anyway, it was a update from a game "The Elder Scrolls Online". Now i already downloaded everything.
I guess no (i dont know what is databank :D)

Wow, never heard about this one before. Only possible reason I can think of is that the update corrupted at some point, and tried to do it again.

Databank refers to the Nyko Databank. It's the storage expander that simply stacks onto the PS4 without opening it up... or so I think that was the point of it.

I don't know if this relates but... when I had to update FFXIV it had to stay on the update page the entire time.  I couldn't turn off the system, pause, or put it in rest mode.  This could be a thing for MMO's.  Maybe the update can't take place in the background.  Like I said, it happened to me with an MMO and the update you are trying to download is for an MMO so maybe that is the case.