Some People *smh*

Dragn_Whytefyre

Normally, I'll get between 4-10 downs per round. Today however, I had one of those games where every time I turned around and no matter which direction I went, the other team was there. I got downed seven times and only got one down myself and yes, we lost.

It happens. To everyone, sooner or later. 

A "gentleman" on my team deemed it necessary to message me and berate me "for bringing the @&$&@ team down". Cussed me out, told me I shouldn't play, etc,etc.

I'm a week 31. This guy was a week 438. That means he's played the same multiplayer for around 765 hours and likely has most, if not all, available loadout points. I have 13 lp's and have played less than 55 hours.

So guys, please, PLEASE don't be like that ass. It's unnecessary. People are going to have off games. And if this mediocre multiplayer means so much to you that you need to rage at someone you don't even know for not doing as well as you, there's an exceedingly good chance that you need to either play a different game for awhile or unplug, go outside and play in the street, because you have serious issues.

Just have fun and enjoy yourself. You're NOT going to win every time. So relax, make a sammich, have a coke and a smile and shut the &$@& up.  ??

Well, yeah, people suck sometimes. I think most of the people on these forums are the kind of people to not be like that. Either way, I don't think asking people to be nice ever works. Either they're assholes and they say shit like that, or they're OK people and they don't. So just ignore that guy, or politely write him off, or tell him to fuck off (however you deal with conflict) and move on to a better day, and a better match with better people :)

BTW: I've also had my off days with the TLOU multiplayer. Get this: My first Firefly Journey was cut off at Day 79 because I had a surprisingly well-organised adversary team and I wasn't able to fulfill the requirements for the challenge of that week. Now that is when you get truly salty.

Edited by QuentinCle95

16 minutes ago, Dragn_Dolphin said:

And if this mediocre multiplayer means so much to you that you need to rage at someone you don't even know for not doing as well as you, there's an exceedingly good chance that you need to either play a different game for awhile or unplug, go outside and play in the street, because you have serious issues.

Just have fun and enjoy yourself. You're NOT going to win every time. So relax, make a sammich, have a coke and a smile and shut the &$@& up.  ??

At this point you are writing like the reader is the one who cussed you.

2 minutes ago, Dragn_Dolphin said:

It is just a game.  ?

Exactly.

I agree with crushed, we did nothing to you and the vast majority of us don't play this game competitively, the big part don't even bother with legit MP. They either boost it or don't even try. Kind of a waste of time asking us for anything.

1 minute ago, QuentinCle95 said:

Well, yeah, people suck sometimes. I think most of the people on these forums are the kind of people to not be like that. Either way, I don't think asking people to be nice ever works. Either they're assholes and they say shit like that, or they're OK people and they don't. So just ignore that guy, or politely write him off, or tell him to fuck off (however you deal with conflict) and move on to a better day, and a better match with better people :)

BTW: I've also had my off days with the TLOU multiplayer. Get this: My first Firefly Journey was cut off at Day 79 because I had a surprisingly well-organised adversary team and I wasn't able to fulfill the requirements for the challenge of that week. Now that is when you get truly salty.

Quit the game to XMB, the day doesn't progress and you can retry. Some trophy guides mention that, but I'm sorry for you if you used one that did not. :(

Just now, TheYuriG said:

I agree with crushed, we did nothing to you and the vast majority of us don't play this game competitively, the big part don't even bother with legit MP. They either boost it or don't even try. Kind of a waste of time asking us for anything.

Quit the game to XMB, the day doesn't progress and you can retry. Some trophy guides mention that, but I'm sorry for you if you used one that did not. :(

Yeah I wasn't using any trophy guide at that point. I had just looked up basic tips on the MP (good loadouts, how many days, etc.) but nothing like that. Thus, I didn't even fully comprehend before it happened that failing one of those challenges would mean permadeath, let alone know that quitting to XMB would help. Shows me for not doing my research, I guess. So yeah, I ended up re-doing the entire journey later. It sucked, and I was salty AF for a couple weeks, but at last I persevered after taking a long break off the MP.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Kind of a waste of time asking us for anything.

I understand your point(s), but it's sad to me you think that. It's never a waste of time to ask people to respect other players. And if it happens that it doesn't apply to you personally, because you're the nice, respectful sort, that still doesn't mean the request was invalid. 

Someone else may read it and realize that maybe they've been a little too... aggressive towards others. 

Just now, -Dark Mark- said:

I find it funny and either ignore them or play along and 1up them, haha.

I did ignore him. Probably why he sent a follow up message. lol He REALLY wanted to get his point across.

Report his ass promptly.  Even if it goes nowhere, chances are he has done it to others and hopefully more people report that crap.  I can't stand people who take multiplayer games too seriously, and have the audacity to berate someone because git good or whatever.  Also, no harm in bringing this kind of thing to light more often.  No matter the game or who plays it. 

9 minutes ago, Dragn_Dolphin said:

I did ignore him. Probably why he sent a follow up message. lol He REALLY wanted to get his point across.

You did ignore him until you made the thread :lol:. Even when indirectly, that guy cussing at you got under your skin enough that you had to make a thread about a point that's clear to basically everyone on the forum.

20 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

You did ignore him until you made the thread :lol:. Even when indirectly, that guy cussing at you got under your skin enough that you had to make a thread about a point that's clear to basically everyone on the forum.

Under my skin? No. Worried that some asshat may send something like what I received to my children or grandchildren? Absolutely.

As for a "point that's clear to basically everyone on the forum". You know that for a fact, do you? Because I admit, I don't. Maybe you have some inside info on the 1,000's of gamers here to which I'm not privy. I suppose that's possible. But it's been my experience that just because someone may be sweet as sugar in a forum or chat room doesn't mean they are to people they message elsewhere.

Hey! I'm the guy that cursed you out buddy and I'm gonna make you into a Dragn_Dolphin Knuckle Sandwich or sammich and next Time Dragn_Dolphin Dude, me and my Hulkamanics are gonna run wild on you Brother!! with elbow drops from the Macho Man Randy Savage falling from the heavens himself crashing down on you like a thunder bolt from the hands of Zeus.:shakefist:

Joking, Joking I'm not that guy nor have I ever played the multiplayer for the Last of Us but in all seriousness, next time just forget about it and if you wanna vent it out here, do that I don't mind reading it, actually enjoyed reading just don't keep it bottled up or else................you'll turn in to the big evil Hulkster like Hollywood Hogan stealing peoples vitamins and slapping away vegetables just like that guy you spoke about, now that's pure evil.

what I'm I on about you ask I don't know just wanted to chime in some power of positivity and laughterso get your body moving to the gyrations of positive energy and be my happy my brother, and make due with what you GOT! as ones negativity SHALL NOT PASS and effect your energy as you become one with the power of positivity thus leading you to way of achieving your latest Platinum and let thy be no MORE I say NO MORE!!!! negativity to hinder your journey to becoming whole, It can't be for nothing.

I3lnCZS.gif

I Believe in You, Prevail you shall Young Padawan:dance: 

Edited by Shaowsintzu
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dragn_Dolphin said:

Under my skin? No. Worried that some asshat may send something like what I received to my children or grandchildren? Absolutely.

As for a "point that's clear to basically everyone on the forum". You know that for a fact, do you? Because I admit, I don't. Maybe you have some inside info on the 1,000's of gamers here to which I'm not privy. I suppose that's possible. But it's been my experience that just because someone may be sweet as sugar in a forum or chat room doesn't mean they are to people they message elsewhere.

And now you're getting riled up on my comments =D 

You think this is bad you should try surviving the cancerous online known as WWE games... those guys are just the worst to play with :(

in this case though it is just best to just ignore when someone messages you like that, it's only a video game and it really doesn't matter who wins or loses in the end it's just about having a fun time :D 

• Like 1

Sadly that's the internet for you. People will not be afraid to take out their frustration on someone else. It's never their own fault, just everyone else's.

If anything set your PSN message privacy settings to "Friends Only" if you want to get rid of randoms messaging you.

6 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

And now you're getting riled up on my comments =D 

lol I was not riled. Unless you're my exwife. Then maybe. Wait. You're not, are you?  ?

Just now, Death_Ninja said:

Sadly that's the internet for you. People will not be afraid to take out their frustration on someone else. It's never their own fault, just everyone else's.

If anything set your PSN message privacy settings to "Friends Only" if you want to get rid of randoms messaging you.

Believe it or not, I did that. Three times. It keeps getting reset somehow. Tad frustrating that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dragn_Dolphin said:

Believe it or not, I did that. Three times. It keeps getting reset somehow. Tad frustrating that.

It reset on me once I think after a firmware update, I'd say check after any future major updates. It's worth to look so you don't have to deal with any online drama lol

26 minutes ago, Cake said:

Lucky for me I haven't ran into any people like that yet. I'm just starting the multiplayer so I'm not that great. I'm pretty sure I'll run into one sooner or later though.

I've had three lovely people send me those wonderful messages. So far. First and only mp where that's happened.

But maybe you'll get lucky and they'll leave you alone or you'll turn out to be a multiplayer god. 

Edited by Dragn_Dolphin
Missed a word

If this is something that truly bothers you, I'd recommend setting your messages to "friends only" at least while you're playing the multiplayer. I think this is something that happens to everyone at some point, so there's no need to take it personally. In my experience I've always ignored them, reported them (had they harassed me), or simply sent them "<3" in return. No point in letting a few bad apples spoil the bunch for ya'. Spent plenty of hours playing it myself and only ever had a few hateful messages. Just a game at the end of the day, no point in playing it if you aren't having a good time.