Shadow + Clean Hands Playthough

RyokuHD

Erm, I'm attempting a Shadow + Clean Hands playthrough with Emily, on easy and boy, it's fun. But as equally annoying. Here's the thing, I'm on EASY. I'm in view for less than a second from enemies, and they spot me right away. The AI is more cunning, but I feel like they're too good on the easy mode. I spent 3 hours on chapter 2 getting trophies I could out of the way, and reloaded checkpoints probably at least 100x.

I'm tempted to just throw caution into the wind and go with a Clean Hands playthru. Even though I'm spotted, I can still get away without murdering anyone. 

Anyone else feel the same?

Also,

For anyone attempting this trophy as Emily,

Domino is your best friend. Invest in that early and max it out. 

Edited by FriedRyce

I didn't have a problem with it myself. A bar over the enemies head must go fully red for them to spot you and void a shadow run. When you know your way around it's terribly easy to beat a level unseen, especially with supernatural powers.

If it's your first playthrough it's very much trial and error, I can't tell you how many times I reloaded. 

As for a abilities, I found most of them kinda useless, for my play style anyway, only ever needed Blink/Far Reach. Anything else I used was to get a related trophy for that ability. Probably sure have done more experimenting with them though, oh well.

Stick with it anyway!

On 12/19/2016 at 4:27 AM, PBJ85 said:

Just wondering,

Can you rewire clockwork soldiers without getting problems with these trophies?

(asking for rescuing Sokolov in the clockwork maze...) 

You can kill, or rewire the Clockworks. They won't count as kills. Only humans, and hounds do.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm still on my first playthrough (Emily, no powers, clean hands, shadow) and I must agree.

The second mission guards felt somehow harder than many other missions.

Perhaps I wasn't used to them yet, but the first mission felt like the typical Dishonored  vibe, and I played exactly as before.

Because of my added difficulty of using no powers, the game is extra fun.

Even feels like a more colourful version of Thief.

On 21-12-2016 at 10:13 PM, FriedRyce said:

You can kill, or rewire the Clockworks. They won't count as kills. Only humans, and hounds do.

Agreed, but if a rewired clockwork kills an enemy, it's added to your kill list.

However if you lure an enemy into a nest of bloodflies, it's not considered a kill when they kill the guard :P

On 12/17/2016 at 2:54 PM, FriedRyce said:

Erm, I'm attempting a Shadow + Clean Hands playthrough with Emily, on easy and boy, it's fun. But as equally annoying. Here's the thing, I'm on EASY. I'm in view for less than a second from enemies, and they spot me right away. The AI is more cunning, but I feel like they're too good on the easy mode. I spent 3 hours on chapter 2 getting trophies I could out of the way, and reloaded checkpoints probably at least 100x.

I'm tempted to just throw caution into the wind and go with a Clean Hands playthru. Even though I'm spotted, I can still get away without murdering anyone. 

Anyone else feel the same?

Also,

For anyone attempting this trophy as Emily,

Domino is your best friend. Invest in that early and max it out. 

Domino is very useful however maxing it out is kinda overkill. Rarely will you find a group of 4 enemies that stayed close enough.

On the other hand, i feel the craft bonecharm ability to be quite useful during late game. Just be sure to buy the power that allows you the use the same traits again. Most of them stack, which helps a lot.

Last, it is best to save 13 runes and try the possession trophy before heavily investing them.

• 3 years later...

I've done the second mission twice now and I've been detected both times (once each time) despite never seeing an alert icon, not even a white one. Anyone else have this issue?

Edit: Never-mind. Managed to back track using the stats page (I'm glad they added that, don't remember seeing it in the first game) to find out which area I'd been spotted in and re-did it.

Edited by EIdain
  • Like 1