New update and Mash-Up Pack! December 20th!

kittygirl2010

Tu46 is coming out tomorrow!

Here is a list of what they are adding:

• Added new blocks: Chorus Flower, Chorus Plant, Dragon Head, End Gateway, End Rod, Purpur Block, Purpur Pillar, Purpur Stairs, Purpur Slab.
  • Added new items: Chorus Fruit, Popped Chorus Fruit, Dragon's Breath, Elytra, End Crystal, Lingering Potion, Water Splash Potion, Potion of Luck, Tipped Arrow, Boats made from Spruce, Birch, Jungle, Acacia, and Dark Oak.
  • Added new mobs: Shulker, Stray, Husk, and Skeleton Trap Horses.
  • Updates to terrain generation:
  • The End has changed when generating a new world, and can also be updated for old worlds. To get the new End in an old world, select "Reset End" in the "More Options" menu when loading the world.
    After killing the Ender Dragon in the new End, an End Gateway will spawn nearby. Throwing an Ender Pearl into this will teleport you to a new area in The End with an End City and End Ship.
    Within the End City and End Ship you can find Shulkers, Elytra, and a Dragon Head.
  • Added new Tutorial world.
  • Added Elytra, which let you glide around the world when you are wearing them. Jump while falling to start gliding.
  • Boats are now controlled differently and can have multiple passengers.
  • Brewing now requires Blaze Powder as fuel for the Brewing Stand.
  • Updated crafting interface to allow crafting Firework Stars and Fireworks.
  • Villages now generate naturally in the Taiga biome.

And then we have a new Mash-Up pack coming as well. The Fallout Mash-Up Pack!

What are you mos excited for in this update? Do you think that Dual Wielding will be added secretly with shields? Let me know what you think.

24 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Are there any new trophies? I hope not!

Not right away, per say, but in the future, possibly.

13 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Shields will eventually come to the console releases, it's just a matter of when. Always love these new additions though

I completely agree. Any new additions to any game are always great! ^.^ I also believe that shields will come out, but it would be a shame if it didn't come out this time. It was called "The Combat Update" on PC for a reason haha.

Just now, kittygirl2010 said:

Not right away, per say, but in the future, possibly.

I completely agree. Any new additions to any game are always great! ^.^ I also believe that shields will come out, but it would be a shame if it didn't come out this time. It was called "The Combat Update" on PC for a reason haha.

I kinda hope they eventually add another new world similar to the nether, always love exploring in the game. Shields will be super useful against archer knockback

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

I kinda hope they eventually add another new world similar to the nether, always love exploring in the game. Shields will be super useful against archer knockback

That would be very cool.

It actually makes me very hopeful for mods to come to Minecraft on console, but I have a feeling since Microsoft owns it, it probably won't happen or get restrictions by Sony.

1 minute ago, kittygirl2010 said:

That would be very cool.

It actually makes me very hopeful for mods to come to Minecraft on console, but I have a feeling since Microsoft owns it, it probably won't happen or get restrictions by Sony.

which is a shame because there's some great skins available for pc. I wonder what it means for the terrain generation update? So we don't spawn in walls anymore? Or nether forts stop spawning half destroyed in netherrack

If the update is out tomorrow, I doubt there'd be trophies for this update. Also, there haven't been trophy packs added for every single update, and we just had 2 new trophy packs added with Minecraft Story Mode's release and the PvP Battle Arena update, so we might not get one for a little while. Can't really get a good idea of what they could put in for trophies from this update, besides "Glide X amount of feet with the Elytra"

6 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

which is a shame because there's some great skins available for pc. I wonder what it means for the terrain generation update? So we don't spawn in walls anymore? Or nether forts stop spawning half destroyed in netherrack

It basically makes the terrain a little harder to traverse for a harder game and can even generate what you would call "floating islands"

very elytra friendly

There's so much in this update that I'm excited for. Hopefully it's live when I wake up. I think I'm most excited for a new guaranteed structure to explore but between tipped arrows, elytra, purpur blocks, shulkers, updated boats, and all the rest, it's really hard to pinpoint what I'm excited for lol.

6 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

There's so much in this update that I'm excited for. Hopefully it's live when I wake up. I think I'm most excited for a new guaranteed structure to explore but between tipped arrows, elytra, purpur blocks, shulkers, updated boats, and all the rest, it's really hard to pinpoint what I'm excited for lol.

It's pretty exciting, though I wish they added dual wielding and better combat this time around. Plus, I'm quite disappointed in the fact that they didn't bother to add the drops from the shulker to make shulker boxes. :( Here's hoping both of these come soon.....

56 minutes ago, kittygirl2010 said:

It's pretty exciting, though I wish they added dual wielding and better combat this time around. Plus, I'm quite disappointed in the fact that they didn't bother to add the drops from the shulker to make shulker boxes. :( Here's hoping both of these come soon.....

Wait... What? No Shulker Boxes? I guess I should've known when it wasn't listed but I was hoping it was just being kept as a surprise lol.

14 minutes ago, kittygirl2010 said:

Just found out that the update isn't coming today.....I guess it's next week. :/ This is a little frustrating, to say the least.

There are rumors that it will be tomorrow, the 21st but i will not surprised if it's not.

The update is already live, I downloaded it and played earlier

21 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

So when you press start on the game and check for update, does it only say the game is already up to date? If so that's strange

It says it is up to date. :/ What's even more weird is that the Fallout Mash-Up pack is in the store....I'm confused lol

23 hours ago, marvelboy10 said:

I'm honestly surprised their still supporting this game after so long. None the less if there are more trophies added in the future then I got to make more room on my Christmas vacation plans. 

A few months ago they released data that showed that it still sells an average of 10,000 copies a day, which is... unheard of for a 5 year old game. They'd be morons to stop supporting it lol.