Fishing

DrakeHellsing

Ah, that would be nice then... the rod, I buy that from that shack right? Cause the blacksmith wont upgrade that as far as I know.  But so long as it helps with them not moving too fast really, otherwise catching them will be a pain for sure.  After all, three things I need them for, first is of course the fishing guide, second for those in the community center bundles, and last will be for cooking in general.

When you level up the fishing skill a bit you can then buy and craft trapper cages, those are a good way to help raise your fishing skill and unlock things sooner, I just put a load in the water at my farm and just bait and empty them daily, takes 20 seconds max, still waiting on that final rod though before I tackle the fishing tree of the community center

Generally what I've found most useful with the fish that dart around a lot (Squid, Catfish, Sturgeon and fucking Lingcod) is to plan for where they are going to be rather than where they are going. So if it's hanging at the bottom and darts up way high, wait a second or two and usually it comes back down toward the bottom or middle. This doesn't guarantee catching the fish or anything, but I'd say I have like a 75-80% success rate with those bastards now.

Does anybody know definitively if getting "MAX" on a cast or "Perfect" on a catch increases the quality of the fish and/or treasure at all?

It seems like getting perfect helps with quality, but I can't be certain on that.  However, I did get my Iridium rod at long last, as a trapper bobber... still have yet to catch the tougher fish though.  I did get a Sea Cucumber at long last though (not selling it, need it for cooking, once I get the Blue Jazz).  So, it seems to help anyway.

As for the predicting thing, if I come across another, that might help, don't know if I'll be any good at it though xD

i've caught 1 fish. it's impossible to catch fish for me