Crypt of the NecroDancer DLC Amplified

REAPER4536

Might as well post it. Here's my successful Coda run. Sorry, no sound. Broadcasting and simultaneous sound grabbing doesn't seem to be well supported with Macs for some dumb reason. Don't feel like editing the video either.

Still want to see Kamakura's run. Still very hard to believe without video evidence.

• Like 2

God this game is such a piece of shit on the PS4. Was finally about to get the trophy but when I laid a double bomb on zone 4-3, the small amount of lag built up and killed my character. 

There is a small amount of lag when you kill an enemy on PS4 which adds up fast at high bpms. Seriously fuck this game. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Maybe one day I will attempt this. Is this actually possible with a DS4 or do you need a keyboard?

Keyboard is highly recommended. The fastest song in the game (Death Metal) is 360 BPM if I remember correctly. Doing that with a controller is a pain in the ass. Especially since you can't miss the beat once or you're dead (on Coda that is). I'm pretty sure it's not impossible, but it takes far more practice than you'd do with keyboard.

Even though the keyboard makes it slightly easier, it's still a huge challenge. So I definitely wouldn't underestimate it. With keyboard it takes roughly two months of practicing Coda before you've got a shot at clearing all zones. There's A LOT of trial and error in this game. Also a lot of RNG things. So if you decide to go for it, prepare yourself! :P 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Floriiss said:

Keyboard is highly recommended. The fastest song in the game (Death Metal) is 360 BPM if I remember correctly. Doing that with a controller is a pain in the ass. Especially since you can't miss the beat once or you're dead (on Coda that is). I'm pretty sure it's not impossible, but it takes far more practice than you'd do with keyboard.

Even though the keyboard makes it slightly easier, it's still a huge challenge. So I definitely wouldn't underestimate it. With keyboard it takes roughly two months of practicing Coda before you've got a shot at clearing all zones. There's A LOT of trial and error in this game. Also a lot of RNG things. So if you decide to go for it, prepare yourself! :P 

Damn. Guess I'll need to find a decent keyboard before/if I start this. Any recommendations or will any decent one do the job? 

Definitely not underestimating haha, skeptical about even putting it on my list but I probably will eventually. Anyway thanks for the tips! Helps a ton :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Damn. Guess I'll need to find a decent keyboard before/if I start this. Any recommendations or will any decent one do the job? 

Definitely not underestimating haha, skeptical about even putting it on my list but I probably will eventually. Anyway thanks for the tips! Helps a ton :)

Any mechanical keyboard should work. As long as it's not wireless. The real problem is that you'll need something besides the keyboard and tbf it's quite pricy. 

Sadly when you plug your keyboard into your PS4 it doesn't work. You'll need a separate device which makes it possible to play with keyboard. There are a lot of different devices which allows you to do this. Here are a few examples of them

• XIM4 
  • Venom X
  • Mayflash

As for myself I'm using the XIM4. This is the most expensive out there (I bought it for 150$ iirc), but it's also the most professional one. Reason I went with XIM4 is because I prefer high quality. There are cheaper variants out there like the ones I mentioned (Venomx X, Mayflash). Honestly all should to the work though. I think the XIM4 has just some additional features. 

• Like 2

On 5/22/2017 at 9:23 AM, Griffon234 said:

Yo we got a fourth who's finished Lowest of the Low. 

I wonder if/when he'll finish Coda and get his plat.

I saw that. He's on zone 3-3 for Coda, probably take awhile.

On 5/22/2017 at 2:22 PM, ryankamal1998 said:

The only thing to be careful about is making sure the keyboard you buy is compatible with Xim4. Here's a list of keyboards that are confirmed to work:

http://community.xim.tech/?topic=32933.0

I recommend using:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZUPOMDQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've tried a few keyboards, mainly because I broke my other ones in a passionate rage. The one I have listed there is pretty good because the keyboard keys feels very nice to tap on. I tried a cheaper keyboard $50 range and while it does it job, my fingers slide over the keys too much. 

Don't worry, we all thought we would never be able to do some of the hard stuff (like Coda), but you get it eventually. Takes a lot of practice and patience. 

13 minutes ago, Beatmania2dxs said:

I saw that. He's on zone 3-3 for Coda, probably take awhile.

The only thing to be careful about is making sure the keyboard you buy is compatible with Xim4. Here's a list of keyboards that are confirmed to work:

http://community.xim.tech/?topic=32933.0

I recommend using:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZUPOMDQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've tried a few keyboards, mainly because I broke my other ones in a passionate rage. The one I have listed there is pretty good because the keyboard keys feels very nice to tap on. I tried a cheaper keyboard $50 range and while it does it job, my fingers slide over the keys too much. 

Don't worry, we all thought we would never be able to do some of the hard stuff (like Coda), but you get it eventually. Takes a lot of practice and patience. 

Sweet thanks for the recommendation. Think I know my setup then. Luckily I have tons of patience (in games) and I'm realistic about when I think I'll get things done. It could take me months/years to do this by the sounds of it. Definitely seems like a good platinum to have. I'll have to stream my attempts when I get to that point :P

Ugh, two zone 4 runs today. Zone 4-3 got way too excited running to the exit and ran right into an enemy after killing the boss. Why, just why. Deep Blues too, would have been an easy kill with 3x bombs. Then King Kong zone 4-4, no bombs. Man, that was miserable. Got an unlucky enemy arrangement (of course). Had freeze scroll + 5 dmg. So close, yet so far away. The zone 4-3 run was ridiculous. Had gold blocking the staircase (mistake) and would have had that 1 bomb I needed to hit Konga's throne. Three gold armadillos right near the exit. Seriously took me almost the entire song to make it to the boss, lmao.

I need my PS4 version suffering to end. Probably won't be able to play for another week. 

Edited by Beatmania2dxs
  • Like 1

Zone 4-4, Coral RIP. Fuck this game, seriously. Had FREEZE and THREE FUCKING BOMBS. What are the chances the UPS throws my package at my door RIGHT AT ZONE 4-4, making a loud "thud", pausing the game before the match, unpausing to see a "frozen screen", semi-freaking out that the game froze, completely and utterly losing my train of thought in the process. Run into the match and completely forget to throw my dagger. What are the chances. That's a big "fuck you" from the universe saying, nope, fuck you. 

Ryan, run far away from this game if you value your sanity. This game will make someone blood sacrifice an infant child.

Edited by Beatmania2dxs
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Beatmania2dxs said:

Zone 4-4, Coral RIP. Fuck this game, seriously. Had FREEZE and THREE FUCKING BOMBS. What are the chances the UPS throws my package at my door RIGHT AT ZONE 4-4, making a loud "thud", pausing the game before the match, unpausing to see a "frozen screen", semi-freaking out that the game froze, completely and utterly losing my train of thought in the process. Run into the match and completely forget to throw my dagger. What are the chances. That's a big "fuck you" from the universe saying, nope, fuck you. 

Ryan, run far away from this game if you value your sanity. This game will make someone blood sacrifice an infant child.

Lmao you can do it I believe in you. Think of the satisfaction when you finally get this done. The more people rage the more I want to do it tbh. 

(This is Ryan's new acc btw.)

50 minutes ago, Beatmania2dxs said:

I broke another keyboard. I got so lucky on my PC run. I think this is the 4th time being at zone 4-4? Man, you're going to rage hard when you get this game. This game is full of bullshit.

Another one?! Jesus christ dude, I'm surprised you haven't broken your mac in the meantime lmao. It's frustrating indeed, but you're getting close so many times that one time your able to pull it off. Just bad luck. I've died 2 times on 4-4 as well, but four times is disgusting. So close dude.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Floriiss said:

Another one?! Jesus christ dude, I'm surprised you haven't broken your mac in the meantime lmao. It's frustrating indeed, but you're getting close so many times that one time your able to pull it off. Just bad luck. I've died 2 times on 4-4 as well, but four times is disgusting. So close dude.

lol, yeah. Thankfully these are cheaper keyboards. I smashed it pretty good after getting back to zone 3-3 and missing a beat on something fucking stupid. Like I said, that Coral Riff run I did today should have been it. Really, that's just fucked. I had everything to do it easily. Double bomb while frozen. But then I would have had to deal with the frozen lake with no boots, eh... who knows. Maybe there would have been gold in the way after all. Was hoping for a fire scroll, but nothing. In the past week I made it to zone 4 like 8 times. I just get so nervous and die on something really dumb. 

Finally.??

One of the first runs of the day, haha. Thought I had Death Metal last for some reason and I was like, fuck, there's so way I will be able to do this for Death Metal last, but to my pleasant surprise it was just Coral Riff. Revenge. This time I remembered to throw my dagger, freeze, and ice boots FTW. Feels good man. Feels so gooooood.  At least I have the trophy for beating it this time. Steam achievements just don't feel the same.

Time to practice lowest of the low. Harder than Coda? Hopefully not. 

Edited by Beatmania2dxs
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Beatmania2dxs said:

Finally.1f602.png1f60d.png

One of the first runs of the day, haha. Thought I had Death Metal last for some reason and I was like, fuck, there's so way I will be able to do this for Death Metal last, but to my pleasant surprise it was just Coral Riff. Revenge. This time I remembered to throw my dagger, freeze, and ice boots FTW. Feels good man. Feels so gooooood.  At least I have the trophy for beating it this time. Steam achievements just don't feel the same.

Time to practice lowest of the low. Harder than Coda? Hopefully not. 

Woohooo awesome dude!! Congrats!! Thats one heck of an achievement. :D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Floriiss said:

Woohooo awesome dude!! Congrats!! Thats one heck of an achievement. :D

Thanks man. It was a pretty tough run. Didn't get phasing until zone 3 and no lvl 2 shovel either, so a lot of time spent pulling enemies out 1 by 1. Got swarmed twice on zone 2. Managed to keep my cool somehow. By the end I had a potion (from zone 4-3), freeze charm, and body armor. No way was I going to lose that last match vs. Coral Riff. Coral RIP, motherfucker.?????

• Like 1

On 8 June 2017 at 0:11 AM, Beatmania2dxs said:

Thanks man. It was a pretty tough run. Didn't get phasing until zone 3 and no lvl 2 shovel either, so a lot of time spent pulling enemies out 1 by 1. Got swarmed twice on zone 2. Managed to keep my cool somehow. By the end I had a potion (from zone 4-3), freeze charm, and body armor. No way was I going to lose that last match vs. Coral Riff. Coral RIP, motherfucker.1f389.png1f389.png1f389.png1f3b8.png1f52b.png

I know I'm late but congrats man!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like that JeGal guy is going to earn the platinum soon (he's on zone 4-4 with Coda now). 

For anyone else attempting this, it has become clear that doing Lowest of the Low first, and then Coda is the best route. I'm practicing Bolt Low% now. You have to have the beat down absolutely perfectly. There is essentially no room for error. Clearly, as is the case with Kamakura who did Low% first, then Coda, and now JeGal, practicing Bolt low% makes completing Coda much, much easier. Starting with Coda, there is a lot of trial and error and so many mistakes with the beat that can be avoided by doing Low% first.

• Like 1

On 23.6.2017 at 9:13 AM, Beatmania2dxs said:

Looks like that JeGal guy is going to earn the platinum soon (he's on zone 4-4 with Coda now). 

For anyone else attempting this, it has become clear that doing Lowest of the Low first, and then Coda is the best route. I'm practicing Bolt Low% now. You have to have the beat down absolutely perfectly. There is essentially no room for error. Clearly, as is the case with Kamakura who did Low% first, then Coda, and now JeGal, practicing Bolt low% makes completing Coda much, much easier. Starting with Coda, there is a lot of trial and error and so many mistakes with the beat that can be avoided by doing Low% first.

That's what I thought after seeing the other guys do low% first. I really don't want to think about Coda just yet after having started Bolt. Don't really want to buy a XIM4 either...

On 6/29/2017 at 4:05 AM, Gerniflap027 said:

That's what I thought after seeing the other guys do low% first. I really don't want to think about Coda just yet after having started Bolt. Don't really want to buy a XIM4 either...

Yeah, I'm still practicing Bolt Low% a lot and can't do it consistently yet. There is a lot of random stuff you die on. All it takes is a minor mistake and your run is pretty much over. It's frustrating.

If you want to do Low% you probably will have to buy a Xim4 at some point. I can sell you mine for a cheaper price if you want. But I don't know when I will be done with this game. One day I think I'm ready, then the next day I can't even do Dove or Bolt.