Any coop RPGs?

ASlimeAppears

4 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Another view: Dragon's Crown is horibly overrated by its fans.

You have to invest a LOT of time and energy in rote repetition before you see these "deep RPG systems". For the most part, the game comes down to repeating the same levels, over and over, in order to raise levels. Unfortunately, there are too few levels (and enemies) to support this repetition.

Obviously I can't say I feel the same but it should be noted that I have loved just about everything Vanillaware has put out since Odin Sphere on PS2 so take my opinion with that in mind :)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PhantomOfThorns said:

Obviously I can't say I feel the same but it should be noted that I have loved just about everything Vanillaware has put out since Odin Sphere on PS2 so take my opinion with that in mind :)

Yeah - that's why I prefaced it with "another view". I freely admit that, once you get to the tower, you really need to consider the specs of your character and you weapons (and, in particular, the bonuses on your weapons). Things get pretty fun then.

My problem was that it took so long before that was even relevant to me, that by the time it was, I was ready to move on.

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Can't...tell...if...serious.

You guys must have a very boring life then, the Beaver was funny.  Plus you're skating around in your enemies blood!! You don't get to find that humour in games much these days at all.  The random weapons you can use, it's very different and fresh. 

fairytale-fights-20091028054104262-000.j

Edited by DARKB1KE

9 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Dragon's Crown has co-op, but you have to beat the first half of the playthrough to unlock it.

I'll heed the doctor's advice for this.

A wise move my friend. The more people I can steer away from that game the better. I would rather replat Star Ocean than ever play that horrible excuse for a "game" again.

2 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

You guys must have a very boring life then, the Beaver was funny.  Plus you're skating around in your enemies blood!! You don't get to find that humour in games much these days at all.  The random weapons you can use, it's very different and fresh. 

fairytale-fights-20091028054104262-000.j

I will stick with Grim Fandango or Saints Row if I want humour in my games :) The controls are so broken in FTF that it ceases to be any fun

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2017 at 4:33 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

A wise move my friend. The more people I can steer away from that game the better. I would rather replat Star Ocean than ever play that horrible excuse for a "game" again.

I will stick with Grim Fandango or Saints Row if I want humour in my games :) The controls are so broken in FTF that it ceases to be any fun

I could live with the broken controls in a shorter game. Skating in blood was fun (it was the first trophy I unlocked), but it took me another YEAR before I came back to it after that.

But Mayus...Grim Fandango? Really?

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I could live with the broken controls in a shorter game. Skating in blood was fun (it was the first trophy I unlocked), but it took me another YEAR before I came back to it after that.

But Mayus...Grim Fandango? Really?

What...Grim Fandango is hilarious :) Would Sam & Max or Monkey Island have been better choices?

1 minute ago, Dr_Mayus said:

What...Grim Fandango is hilarious :) Would Sam & Max or Monkey Island have been better choices?

The first Sam and Max was hilarious. The second...not so much. I only know about Tales of Monkey Island, and I thought it was pretty lame.

EDIT: To the upcoming forum policeman, sorry. I'll stay on topic. :(

Edited by starcrunch061

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

The first Sam and Max was hilarious. The second...not so much. I only know about Tales of Monkey Island, and I thought it was pretty lame.

Well I like their humour :) The new Monkey Island was terrible but the original is some of the best writing in games