Switch It Up! (event for Nintendo Switch gamers)

Alright, update time.

Personally, I've played some more of Specter Knight (very well made) and Blaster Master Zero (starting to warm up to it, actually). Nothing played through yet so no updates on my bit in the OP.

On 18-4-2017 at 6:10 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

I did buy World of Goo, thanks for reminding me. So I have 3 games. For some reason I haven't gotten back to World of Goo.

Adding World Of Goo to games played, first player so I'm adding an icon as well. I also somehow hadn't added you to the list of Zelda players, my bad.

On 20-4-2017 at 5:44 PM, fisty123 said:

I played Bomberman by myself, it was a fun game but I can't see if having a lot of replay value in a single player mode.
I started VOEZ for an hour, then got called into work and never went back yet, been two weeks now. It was a great game from what I played but I keep going to something else instead.

I'll probably get Bomberman once it goes for €20 or so then, thanks for the info.

Added VOEZ to games played.

On 20-4-2017 at 6:41 PM, cjshaitan said:

Thanks for the call out, at this point I have had a Switch since Day 1 and played less than 1 hour which is pretty disgusting, but probably unsurprising to those that are familiar with my playing patterns. No excuses as I have been on a break from work too, just to distracted with a few PS4 games, Finding time for VR and playing XBone amongst living real life. I'm going to devout a day to Switch, probably Sunday so can't wait to actually join in the conversation 

BOOOOOOOO!

I mean, I can get that you're gaming on PS4 and PSVR, but X1, seriously? ;)

So, did you have a day of Switch gaming yet?

Calling out:

@angelgrievous @cjshaitan @fisty123 @MosesRockefeller @SnowxSakura @Zanreo

Who's getting Mario Kart 8 Deluxe this week along with me and @Super-Fly Spider-Guy?

Also asking because I don't think I have all of you on my Switch yet, which didn't matter until there was something we could actually play together :) I'm not a multiplayer kind of guy but I'll be in for some Mario Kart multiplayer for sure!

Also, now that I have everyone's attention: for shame, still nobody except for SFSG and me have bothered with Fast RMX? I know Moses is not into racing but did none of the others enjoy F-Zero back in the day?

Edited by BillyHorrible
what the fuck site, doing a quadruple post while I post once? It kept 'saving' but not taking me to the new page so I clicked a few times and actually tried reloading the page again and writing my post from scratch...
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I I mean, I can get that you're gaming on PS4 and PSVR, but X1, seriously? ;)

So, did you have a day of Switch gaming yet?

Calling out:

Who's getting Mario Kart 8 Deluxe this week along with me and @Super-Fly Spider-Guy?

Also asking because I don't think I have all of you on my Switch yet, which didn't matter until there was something we could actually play together :) I'm not a multiplayer kind of guy but I'll be in for some Mario Kart multiplayer for sure!

? no not yet, Damn you Forza H3 and Lego Dimensions ? ?

I have tomorrow off so I'm going to Switch it Up, if anyone sees me on PS4 please feel free to send me an abusive message ?

Will also be getting Marino Kart (love me a racing game) and still have your friend code so will get it sorted tomorrow. Will be fun to play with some other peoples 

50 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

1f61e.png no not yet, Damn you Forza H3 and Lego Dimensions 1f621.png1f644.png

I have tomorrow off so I'm going to Switch it Up, if anyone sees me on PS4 please feel free to send me an abusive message 1f642.png

Will also be getting Marino Kart (love me a racing game) and still have your friend code so will get it sorted tomorrow. Will be fun to play with some other peoples 

LEGO Dimensions is so old, it can wait a bit longer. As for Forza... Well Mario Kart and F-Zero own Forza so get back to your Switch! See you on the tracks :)

P.S. Yeah I liked the Forza games back when I still had an X360. Can't beat Burnout Paradise and The Crew though for me, and I always liked Mario Kart and F-Zero the best, track racers are mostly fun for me when they're either Mario Kart or something futuristic.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Also, now that I have everyone's attention: for shame, still nobody except for SFSG and me have bothered with Fast RMX? I know Moses is not into racing but did none of the others enjoy F-Zero back in the day?

We REALLY need to play Fast RMX, especially since we can now just make it us and bots in the new update. 

I'm excited for MK8, it will be my first actual cart, me, the missus, and the bestie have been dying to taste one of them for nearly 2 months now. Hell, Jess described licking a cart as "The only reason you bought that stupid 500 dollar paperweight, Dylan" 

Also, I finally picked up Mr Switchy or Shifty or whatever and it's a blast. It's like Hotline Miami if it had an easy mode and was prettier to look at. Don't buy into the "over 180 levels" bullshit in the trailers though, there's 18 stages and that's it, each stage has a bunch of different rooms and I guess they count them as levels. Great game and I love the shit out of it so far, just don't go in expecting nearly 200 Hotline Miami sized levels, 'cause you ain't gonna get it.

Also got Graceful Explosion Machine, but haven't started it yet. 

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Calling out:

I preordered Mario Kart so I'd have another big game to play. I am looking forward to a proper battle mode again. I would prefer to have this sort of game digitally, but I couldn't say no to the $12 discount from getting it physically from Amazon (it's actually less than $12 since the savings comes from Prime, but with the amount of games I buy and stuff I order with free shipping, the Prime prices works itself out). 

I don't have anybody from here on my Switch friends list. I'd look up my code but I didn't bring my Switch to work with me (I know, shame on me). 

Fast RMX does look like a quality game; it's something I may pick up on a sale along with the other 2 Tomorrow Children games. 

I'm still finishing up Zelda Best of Both Worlds Breath of the Wild (I always think of that Star Trek TNG episode when I abbreviate BotW). I tried the final boss fight but I need to give it another shot. 

Spoiler

I keep getting stuck on the part where Ganon "sets himself on fire" and becomes invincible. I'm trying to figure out how to get him back to normal but I don't want to use a guide if I can help it. 

I still haven't gone back to World of Goo, but I will. 

I mean, I can get that you're gaming on PS4 and PSVR, but X1, seriously? ;)

The X1 has a few good games. I recently got hooked on Dead Rising 3 (which is also on PC, but I gave up PC gaming years ago), and I barely touched any other non-portable games until I finished my main and New Game+ playthroughs. Its exclusives are few and far between now, but if you go all the way back to launch titles (like with DR3) there are some gems. Shout-out to Sunset Overdrive too; it's one of the highlights of this generation IMO. Still, the PS4 and Switch are "smarter" purchases in my opinion, the X1 was just a luxury for me because I just "had" to play Sunset Overdrive. :P 

1 minute ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I preordered Mario Kart so I'd have another big game to play. I am looking forward to a proper battle mode again. I would prefer to have this sort of game digitally, but I couldn't say no to the $12 discount from getting it physically from Amazon (it's actually less than $12 since the savings comes from Prime, but with the amount of games I buy and stuff I order with free shipping, the Prime prices works itself out). 

I guess I would not mind getting it digitally since I have a big micro SD card stuffed into my Switch anyway but a store near me sells the retail version for €5 less. If it had been the exact same price, I would have given the digital version some serious consideration. Still might since the game releases Friday but I won't be able to go to the store until Saturday... Hmmmm... Would getting it a day sooner be worth €5? Probably not though but we'll see.

I don't have anybody from here on my Switch friends list. I'd look up my code but I didn't bring my Switch to work with me (I know, shame on me). 

I was halfway into checking what my code is so I could send it to you when I realised that we are actually friends on the Switch already! Am I "not anybody" to you? ?

Fast RMX does look like a quality game; it's something I may pick up on a sale along with the other 2 Tomorrow Children games. 

Didn't mention it for you because I thought it'd be too hard and annoying for you... I believe we discussed the game together earlier.

I'm still finishing up Zelda Best of Both Worlds Breath of the Wild (I always think of that Star Trek TNG episode when I abbreviate BotW). I tried the final boss fight but I need to give it another shot. 

Hide contents

I keep getting stuck on the part where Ganon "sets himself on fire" and becomes invincible. I'm trying to figure out how to get him back to normal but I don't want to use a guide if I can help it. 

Feel free to not open the spoiler below but I think that what I did:

Spoiler

I think at this point he'll also shoot lasers at you, you can bounce those lasers back at him by doing a Perfect Guard counter attack.

I still haven't gone back to World of Goo, but I will. 

... once it's on sale, probably. :awesome:

The X1 has a few good games. I recently got hooked on Dead Rising 3 (which is also on PC, but I gave up PC gaming years ago), and I barely touched any other non-portable games until I finished my main and New Game+ playthroughs. Its exclusives are few and far between now, but if you go all the way back to launch titles (like with DR3) there are some gems. Shout-out to Sunset Overdrive too; it's one of the highlights of this generation IMO. Still, the PS4 and Switch are "smarter" purchases in my opinion, the X1 was just a luxury for me because I just "had" to play Sunset Overdrive. :P 

To each their own and there are probably people loving their X1s, but it just doesn't do it for me. I didn't like most Xbox exclusives back on the X360, I loved Alan Wake and I kinda liked the Forza games but that's about it for the bigger games.

I was almost tempted to buy an X1 when it was on sale for €200 or so, so I could play the Rare Replays... Then I realised, next to that and replaying Alan Wake, there's nothing I'd want to do with the console xD

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

I was almost tempted to buy an X1 when it was on sale for €200 or so, so I could play the Rare Replays... Then I realised, next to that and replaying Alan Wake, there's nothing I'd want to do with the console xD

I feel the same way. I did buy an XB360 a long time ago only to play Banjo Kazooie Nuts 'n' Bolts and do the Stop'n'Swop with the older games, but after running into roadblocks I got rid of the system. Thank Gawd we now have Yooka-Laylee! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MidnightCJ said:

I feel the same way. I did buy an XB360 a long time ago only to play Banjo Kazooie Nuts 'n' Bolts and do the Stop'n'Swop with the older games, but after running into roadblocks I got rid of the system. Thank Gawd we now have Yooka-Laylee! :D

Yeah I'm definitely buying Yooka-Laylee on the Switch, only way it ends up on my PS4 card as well is if someone wants to trade it for a game I have and then I'll still get it for keeps on the Switch.

31 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah I'm definitely buying Yooka-Laylee on the Switch, only way it ends up on my PS4 card as well is if someone wants to trade it for a game I have and then I'll still get it for keeps on the Switch.

If I had far less apathy in my soul and more tolerance for Kartos and his stupid racing segments I'd have platinumed this game already and gladly have traded it to you. Tried to offer it to my friend/gym trainer and he said "Naw, you give it to GameStop" even though the GS are sharks and I'd only get $15 for it. ?

I guess I would not mind getting it digitally since I have a big micro SD card stuffed into my Switch anyway but a store near me sells the retail version for €5 less. If it had been the exact same price, I would have given the digital version some serious consideration. Still might since the game releases Friday but I won't be able to go to the store until Saturday... Hmmmm... Would getting it a day sooner be worth €5? Probably not though but we'll see.

Personally I like having digital copies of games that I will pick up and play every once in a while, rather than play through start to finish. That way I don't have to change discs/cartridges when I feel like picking up those games on a whim. So games like Mario Kart are in that category, while Zelda BotW would not be for me (although it could be for some people, for example, chipping away at collectibles/shrines here and there). But anyway, I didn't follow my own preferences here, the discount was too tempting. I may change to the digital version if it ever goes on sale (unlikely). 

Also, I grabbed a 128GB card so I am good to go with digital on the Switch for a while. Now bring on the VC games! :)

I was halfway into checking what my code is so I could send it to you when I realised that we are actually friends on the Switch already! Am I "not anybody" to you? 1f622.png

Sorry, I meant to say I didn't have "anybody IMPORTANT" from here on my Friends list. :P 

Seriously though, I blame my "dad brain". I forgot that I added you. 

Didn't mention it for you because I thought it'd be too hard and annoying for you... I believe we discussed the game together earlier.

We did discuss it, and this is my problem. I'll buy games that I know I'll probably never play. "Fast RMX looks cool, and it's on sale for $8! I'd better get it even though I suck at racing games!" Seriously, you could make a comic about my poor game purchasing decisions. 

Feel free to not open the spoiler below but I think that what I did:

Reveal hidden contents

I think at this point he'll also shoot lasers at you, you can bounce those lasers back at him by doing a Perfect Guard counter attack.

Yeah, I tried that, but I never mastered that ability, and my shields break from mistiming in one or two hits. I'll keep trying and hopefully succeed eventually. 

To each their own and there are probably people loving their X1s, but it just doesn't do it for me. I didn't like most Xbox exclusives back on the X360, I loved Alan Wake and I kinda liked the Forza games but that's about it for the bigger games.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's my least-played console. I was just saying, it's not totally worthless. I never had a X360 so backwards compatibility is a pretty sweet feature for me (bad for my backlog though!). Rare Replay is a really nice package, and someday I'll go through those games (or at least some of them... I doubt I'll ever be skilled enough to make it very far in Battletoads). Sunset Overdrive is a brilliant, funny, fun game in the vein of Ratchet & Clank, and I don't regret essentially buying the console for it. IMO, it's Xbox's best exclusive. Then you have the Halo Master Chief collection, which is a great value. There are also lots of cool indie games, but most of them are on other platforms. Honestly it's biggest problem is a lack of game diversity. There are no JRPGs for X1 besides FF15 that I can think of, while the PS4 has a dozen or so (and the PS3 has many dozens). Most gamers don't really need a X1 and PS4. If I hadn't built up a backlog for the X1, I would have considered trading it in for the Switch. And if Sunset Overdrive had been on PS4, it's likely that I would never have bought one in the first place. Backwards compatibility has given it a lot more value for someone like me, but without that it has a severe lack of worthy exclusives IMO, and not enough great exclusives to out-do the PS4 and Wii U (and eventually Switch once its library has filled out). I think Microsoft forgot to give it great exclusives and relies almost entirely on multiplatform games, almost like the opposite of Nintendo's problem with their past few consoles. The Scorpio is going to be the most powerful console ever, but where are all the great exclusive games? 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

I'll be getting MK8 on day one so I would hope to join in on some games with you guys/gals.  I also picked up Wonder Boy and it's fantastic.  Much better as a handheld than on the big screen.  I've just beaten the third boss and am a little lost but I should be able to finish it up soon. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

If I had far less apathy in my soul and more tolerance for Kartos and his stupid racing segments I'd have platinumed this game already and gladly have traded it to you. Tried to offer it to my friend/gym trainer and he said "Naw, you give it to GameStop" even though the GS are sharks and I'd only get $15 for it. 1f47f.png

Personally I either trade it in at a local store for in-store value (at the least I can buy a PSN card but I often have pre-orders I can add to these days), or I try to trade it on a site with others in my country.

6 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Personally I like having digital copies of games that I will pick up and play every once in a while, rather than play through start to finish. That way I don't have to change discs/cartridges when I feel like picking up those games on a whim. So games like Mario Kart are in that category, while Zelda BotW would not be for me (although it could be for some people, for example, chipping away at collectibles/shrines here and there). But anyway, I didn't follow my own preferences here, the discount was too tempting. I may change to the digital version if it ever goes on sale (unlikely). 

Also, I grabbed a 128GB card so I am good to go with digital on the Switch for a while. Now bring on the VC games! :)

Well, I told my wife the pros and cons and she convinced me to go digital on Mario Kart :)

Firstly, I'd have to pay for parking at said shop so we're discussing a difference of even less than €5. Then there's the fact that I won't get rid of Mario Kart like I usually do with retail games so I don't have to think about resale value. Then, there's the problem that I won't be able to go to the store to pick up the game until Saturday morning.

Definitely seems better to just go ahead and do the digital, as long as the stores I've pre-ordered at don't sell the game today already (on Thursday all the shops are closed in Holland so it's today or not at all).

We did discuss it, and this is my problem. I'll buy games that I know I'll probably never play. "Fast RMX looks cool, and it's on sale for $8! I'd better get it even though I suck at racing games!" Seriously, you could make a comic about my poor game purchasing decisions. 

Hey, if you never try it then you'll never get better!

Yeah, I tried that, but I never mastered that ability, and my shields break from mistiming in one or two hits. I'll keep trying and hopefully succeed eventually. 

Good luck!

Oh don't get me wrong, it's my least-played console. I was just saying, it's not totally worthless. I never had a X360 so backwards compatibility is a pretty sweet feature for me (bad for my backlog though!). Rare Replay is a really nice package, and someday I'll go through those games (or at least some of them... I doubt I'll ever be skilled enough to make it very far in Battletoads). Sunset Overdrive is a brilliant, funny, fun game in the vein of Ratchet & Clank, and I don't regret essentially buying the console for it. IMO, it's Xbox's best exclusive. Then you have the Halo Master Chief collection, which is a great value. There are also lots of cool indie games, but most of them are on other platforms. Honestly it's biggest problem is a lack of game diversity. There are no JRPGs for X1 besides FF15 that I can think of, while the PS4 has a dozen or so (and the PS3 has many dozens). Most gamers don't really need a X1 and PS4. If I hadn't built up a backlog for the X1, I would have considered trading it in for the Switch. And if Sunset Overdrive had been on PS4, it's likely that I would never have bought one in the first place. Backwards compatibility has given it a lot more value for someone like me, but without that it has a severe lack of worthy exclusives IMO, and not enough great exclusives to out-do the PS4 and Wii U (and eventually Switch once its library has filled out). I think Microsoft forgot to give it great exclusives and relies almost entirely on multiplatform games, almost like the opposite of Nintendo's problem with their past few consoles. The Scorpio is going to be the most powerful console ever, but where are all the great exclusive games? 

Frome Rare Replay you need to play Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day and Jet Force Gemini.

From X360: Alan Wake, seriously. Also, can you get to the X360 XBLA game Adventures Of Shuggy? That was a cool game.

2 hours ago, angelgrievous said:

I'll be getting MK8 on day one so I would hope to join in on some games with you guys/gals.  I also picked up Wonder Boy and it's fantastic.  Much better as a handheld than on the big screen.  I've just beaten the third boss and am a little lost but I should be able to finish it up soon. 

See you on the tracks!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

digital on Mario Kart

Just realised that going digital means I'll have pre-ordered the game four times... ?

Explanation:

Spoiler

I pre-ordered it at the store I frequent the most, simply because I buy most of my stuff there, I like the store and they're reliable.

A rival store has the game for €55 instead of €60 though, so I figured I'd pre-order it there as well and just see if any of the two would sell it earlier than expected.

That rival store is near work and later on, I realised that the 27th is a national holiday for us (the king's birthday) and I've taken Friday off of work so I could have a very long weekend... Meaning that if said store does not start to sell the game today, I won't be near it again until Monday. This caused me to pre-order the game as well at another store in the rival chain closer to home (but nowhere near on the way to work, so that's why I didn't pre-order here at first).

Thanks to me having four days off of work, I have planned a lot of stuff like family coming over, another Star Wars tabletop session, and more so I'm kind of busy, and if the game will not be sold today (which is probable) then it will be a hassle for me to go to the stores on Friday or Saturday, meaning that if it's not being sold today then I will just pre-order the game digitally, so I can get a few hours of playtime in Friday morning before the commitments I've made for the afternoon start. ?

11 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well, I told my wife the pros and cons and she convinced me to go digital on Mario Kart :)

Firstly, I'd have to pay for parking at said shop so we're discussing a difference of even less than €5. Then there's the fact that I won't get rid of Mario Kart like I usually do with retail games so I don't have to think about resale value. Then, there's the problem that I won't be able to go to the store to pick up the game until Saturday morning.

Definitely seems better to just go ahead and do the digital, as long as the stores I've pre-ordered at don't sell the game today already (on Thursday all the shops are closed in Holland so it's today or not at all).

Hmm, you (and my own arguments in favor of digital) are making me rethink my decision. Still, $12 savings is nothing to sneeze at... also, here in the USA we don't have to pay for parking, except for city shopping centers that use parking garages and similar situations. Thankfully I don't have to worry about that for any of my favorite stores. And anyway, I'm getting it from Amazon. 

Hey, if you never try it then you'll never get better!

You're not helping! My backlog is too big as it is! :P

Anyway, I don't dislike racers only because I'm bad at them; I just don't find them all that fun. Anyway, I have plenty of them already in my backlog: Forza Horizon 1&2, Forza 5, GRID2, some of the Need for Speeds, some WipeOuts, and several others. I've played most of them a little bit and I definitely prefer the ones that lean more towards arcade and less towards simulations, but they still don't really do it for me. Mario Kart is probably the one that comes closest because it's less about racing than being cute and fun IMO. 

Frome Rare Replay you need to play Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day and Jet Force Gemini.

From X360: Alan Wake, seriously. Also, can you get to the X360 XBLA game Adventures Of Shuggy? That was a cool game.

I have Alan Wake and the Nightmare expansion in my X1/360 backlog, but Adventures of Shuggy is not a backwards compatibility game... yet. 

I gave Banjo-Kazooie a try a few days ago but I didn't have that much time to play it. I basically got through the intro cutscenes, jumped around a few times, and called it a day. :)

I'd love to have those old N64 games on a smaller (and portable!) screen like the Switch but with Microsoft owning Rare I guess that will never happen. The graphics are a little rough on a 55" TV. It's a shame that 3D graphics don't age as well as 2D ones. Anyway, I always heard good things about Banjo-Kazooie and Conker so I'll try them both properly. I think Rare remade both games for 360 and the originals (edited for Microsoft of course) and 360 versions are included in Rare Replay? I know that's the case with Perfect Dark at least. I got Rare Replay day 1 (and I'm glad I got it digitally since its much better that way) but I haven't played it too much beyond experimentation. It's a cool package, but kind of weird the way it's put together. Also, it seems to have both a main launcher and standalone versions of most (if not all) of the included games, which confuses me. 

Also, I always want to type "Rare Reply" instead of "Rare Replay", which sounds like a Spandau Ballet song title. :P

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Hmm, you (and my own arguments in favor of digital) are making me rethink my decision. Still, $12 savings is nothing to sneeze at... also, here in the USA we don't have to pay for parking, except for city shopping centers that use parking garages and similar situations. Thankfully I don't have to worry about that for any of my favorite stores. And anyway, I'm getting it from Amazon. 

Yes, that store I'd go to is in a city center so that's why I would have to pay for parking. Your savings on going retail are ablut twice my savings would be, $12 is enough to buy a Tomorrow Corporation game!

I have Alan Wake and the Nightmare expansion in my X1/360 backlog, but Adventures of Shuggy is not a backwards compatibility game... yet. 

Play Alan Wake right now, thank me afterwards.

I gave Banjo-Kazooie a try a few days ago but I didn't have that much time to play it. I basically got through the intro cutscenes, jumped around a few times, and called it a day. :)

I'd love to have those old N64 games on a smaller (and portable!) screen like the Switch but with Microsoft owning Rare I guess that will never happen. The graphics are a little rough on a 55" TV. It's a shame that 3D graphics don't age as well as 2D ones. Anyway, I always heard good things about Banjo-Kazooie and Conker so I'll try them both properly. I think Rare remade both games for 360 and the originals (edited for Microsoft of course) and 360 versions are included in Rare Replay? I know that's the case with Perfect Dark at least. I got Rare Replay day 1 (and I'm glad I got it digitally since its much better that way) but I haven't played it too much beyond experimentation. It's a cool package, but kind of weird the way it's put together. Also, it seems to have both a main launcher and standalone versions of most (if not all) of the included games, which confuses me. 

Donkey Kong 64 will be on the Virtual Console eventually and we already have Yooka-Laylee, those two are a big comfort since Yooka-Laylee is new and I always preferred DK64 over the Banjo games.

I think only classic Conker is in the Replay collection by the way. Cool game, worth at least one playthrough.

50 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Play Alan Wake right now, thank me afterwards.

Donkey Kong 64 will be on the Virtual Console eventually and we already have Yooka-Laylee, those two are a big comfort since Yooka-Laylee is new and I always preferred DK64 over the Banjo games.

I think only classic Conker is in the Replay collection by the way. Cool game, worth at least one playthrough.

Hmm, I've had Alan Wake on Steam for years but never got around to playing it. I saw on X1 that it was a bonus for preordering Quantum Break so I went for that deal. I'll have to give it a shot. I always liked Remedy's early games. Max Payne and Max Payne 2 are still favorites to this day. 

And you're right about Conker, I checked after my first post. I think the 360 remake was censored by the ass (pun intended) anyway. Probably not worth the trade for slightly better graphics. 

I have DK 64 in my Wii U backlog so I'll have to check it out. 

Started the Mario Kart download just past midnight and went to bed, after breakfast I'll start playing...

On 26/04/2017 at 4:26 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

Hmm, I've had Alan Wake on Steam for years but never got around to playing it. I saw on X1 that it was a bonus for preordering Quantum Break so I went for that deal. I'll have to give it a shot. I always liked Remedy's early games. Max Payne and Max Payne 2 are still favorites to this day. 

Alan Wake is awesome, it's like playing a Stephen King novel.

And you're right about Conker, I checked after my first post. I think the 360 remake was censored by the ass (pun intended) anyway. Probably not worth the trade for slightly better graphics. 

Yeah, the funny/sad part is that Conker: Live And Reloaded was supposed to be called Conker: Live And Uncut but in the end it was censored more than the N64 version.

I have DK 64 in my Wii U backlog so I'll have to check it out. 

Do it. Do it now.

Started the Mario Kart download just past midnight and went to bed, after breakfast I'll start playing...

Yeah, the funny/sad part is that Conker: Live And Reloaded was supposed to be called Conker: Live And Uncut but in the end it was censored more than the N64 version.

My retail Amazon copy of MK isn't coming until Saturday but I don't mind. With my backlog as big as it is, I don't mind getting new games a day or two late, even ones I'm super excited about. 

Also, my pun was supposed to be "censored UP the ass" not "by the ass". I guess you understood my meaning though. 

3 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

My retail Amazon copy of MK isn't coming until Saturday but I don't mind. With my backlog as big as it is, I don't mind getting new games a day or two late, even ones I'm super excited about. 

Also, my pun was supposed to be "censored UP the ass" not "by the ass". I guess you understood my meaning though. 

Yeah, I had my Amazon pre-order for months and It's not even shipping until the 30th at the latest.  It's frustrating not being able to jump in on day one knowing how many people will be on but i too have a backlog so... 

speaking of backlog and off topic, i just subscribed to PS Now and it's awesome.  I wasn't sure about it before but it is really cool.  Lots of stuff to check out and destroy you completion %. 

• Like 1

Well, played through everything on 50cc to get to know the tracks. Awesome game, I think I like the four main cups best out of them all. Started doing 150cc now.

Anyone up for some multiplayer?

On 28/04/2017 at 2:08 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

Hope you can get into the game soon!

Yeah I read straight past it, I got the gist of it.

Completed the campaign of Specter Of Torment two days ago. Great campaign, whould not say that it as a whole is as excellent as Shovel Knight but the gameplay is certainly better, Specter Knight handles better and has sweeter moves than Shovel Knight.

Went back to Witcher III on PS4, doing a bit of 150cc Mario Kart on the side. Blaster Master Zero is now the only Switch game I own that I have not yet played through (ignoring Plague Knight for now as it's just a reskin of Shovel Knight, not a new campaign). I'm almost tempted to buy World Of Goo, but I have enough of a backlog on the PS4 to keep me busy and I can get loads of fun out of Mario Kart for a while. Still might get it just so I have more to play on the summer holidays... (yes, holidays is plural this year though only one is actually in the summer - going to Tuscany for a few weeks for the actual summer holiday and going to the Côte d'Azur for a few days before then as a short break, it's technically not yet summer by then but it's warm enough for a Dutchman like me to count)

Edited by BillyHorrible