Switch It Up! (event for Nintendo Switch gamers)

34 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I said "sexist burn", not "sexist Burns"...

Haha, nice! 

I actually wasn't thinking that though, it was more a reference to the content of the joke itself. 

But that leads me to ANOTHER perfect Simpsons reference opportunity: 

Spoiler

1133414.jpg?b64lines=IFlPVSdSRSBGSVJFRCE

1236284.jpg?b64lines=IFlPVVIgU0VYVUFMIEh

Okay, I think that's enough Simpsons stuff for the day. I'm done. :)

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2017 at 11:00 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

Well, that's assuming I stick with it long enough to git gud. I won't, that's the problem. I never tolerate racing games for very long. That won't stop me from having fun when we play though, especially if at least part of the match is Battle Mode, where racing skills are less essential. 

I don't always have perfect Simpsons references to use for every situation, but this one was just begging to be used. I'll try to keep them up. :) Also, on a side note, during our first few days back home from the hospital (baby #2 was born last Wednesday), my wife was bored and asked if we had any "new to us" Simpsons that we could watch. So we watched the first few episodes from Season 17 (the last one you can buy on disc), which I had seen before but my wife might not have. In any case it was many years since I watched them. They're no S4 or S5, but I'll be damned if I didn't have a great time watching them, especially the season opener with Alec Baldwin as the dude obsessed with manatees. I might actually buy digital copies of the later seasons now. 

That's a shame. Going on what you said about it in the earlier post, it sounded like something close enough to NBA Jam for me to enjoy it. I don't care about the NBA either. The most recent player I am familiar with at ALL is Michael Jordan, and I can really only tell you what team he played for and that he was good. I am not a sports fan at all. So I definitely prefer arcade-y sports games, and one of the main reasons I liked NBA Jam was the goofy unlockable players, like Bill Clinton. The PS3 version was fun because you could play as Obama/Biden, Clinton/Gore, etc. But those load times killed it, and it sounds like the Switch version is just as bad. I'll do some reading and see if the PS4 version loads faster. 

If we're going by titles bought, then I'm pretty sure I beat everyone on the PS3/PS4/Vita, and likely the Wii U as well. But if it's games played, I'm probably dead last for every platform. :P

Also, shit dude, you have a baby at 20 years old? I don't mean to gawk, but I was smart/selfish enough to wait until I was 34 before I had a kid. Of course, the joke's on me, because I never even had a girlfriend until after I was 20. How's THAT for antisocial? :awesome:

Anyway, my hat's off to you if you weren't kidding about your age, I wasn't ready for the responsibility of caring for a pet at 20, much less a human being. 

I like the 3 or so levels I played in Specter so far, but damn I'm having a hard time adapting to the changed gameplay, mainly timing the "melee jumps" over gaps. The down-shovel bounce jump from Shovel of Hope is so ingrained in me right now, it's like muscle memory. It probably doesn't help that I'm bouncing back and forth between the two campaigns, since I'm still foolishly trying to do a deathless New Game+ run in Hope. 

I'm keen to try out Battle Mode. I've never actually played it. I think I had 5 minutes on the DS one like 10 years ago, that was it.

Dude, congrats! And I feel that. I was there for the birth and the first day in the hospital, but I had to leave for a few hours the next day and came back with a laptop loaded with Simpsons, too. 

I'd wager I've bought more than you on PlayStation platforms. I don't have any 0%'s on my account, but when I got rid of them years ago there was close to a hundred of just them, in addition to that there's countless PS3 games I own like Tony Hawk 8, Resistance, MotorStorm, a couple of Spider-Man games, Rock Band, and so on, that I played the shit out of but have no trophies. Wii U you probably have me though. I think in total I have like 10 or so digital games and bought over the years 30 odd at best for the unit on disc. Probably in the mid 20s though.

I've been getting into it more and more and getting the hang of alley oops and whatnot too, which I didn't even know what they were until the other day when I Google'd it. I can top you on not knowing stuff though. I know Michael Jordan but I'd be lying if I said I had a clue who he played for. I know Shaq, Lebron James, and that's actually it. Anyway, the game is really solid, and maybe, if we're lucky, the upcoming patches and whatnot could make it quicker. The load times are a bit of a boner killer though, they're pretty bad when most matches are only 3 minutes and you're spending nearly a third of that time waiting for it to load to play the damn thing. Good game though, definitely worth the 26 bucks of survey reward points I paid for it.

Well, it wasn't the plan, but we're doing at least better than the average teenage pregnancy case anyway. Nah, it's great dude. It sounds a lot better when you say "we lived together for like 2 or 3 years before hand" than "we was pregnant at the end of high school, yo" but then there's a long story as to why we were living together so young anyway, but I won't bore you with that.

I feel that, but in reverse. I'm used to being able to wall run and press square to slash dudes and whatnot, not press down and shovel things.

On 5/12/2017 at 11:18 PM, BillyHorrible said:

I thought you didn't have a girlfriend back then because you were too busy having gay sex... HA, SEXIST BURN!

Ha, gaaaaaaaaay!

I'm allowed to use that. I watched Community before that was a meme, and my best friend is bi. Covering all them bases!

9 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I'd wager I've bought more than you on PlayStation platforms. I don't have any 0%'s on my account, but when I got rid of them years ago there was close to a hundred of just them, in addition to that there's countless PS3 games I own like Tony Hawk 8, Resistance, MotorStorm, a couple of Spider-Man games, Rock Band, and so on, that I played the shit out of but have no trophies. Wii U you probably have me though. I think in total I have like 10 or so digital games and bought over the years 30 odd at best for the unit on disc. Probably in the mid 20s though.

I dunno, we'll see about that when I finally finish my games list (I'm listing them all not just backlog games, except for free-to-play and multiplayer-only games that I'll never play for more than an hour). I have a feeling my list is one of the larger list even WITHOUT counting additional copies of the numerous games I've bought on multiple platforms. 

9 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Ha, gaaaaaaaaay!

I'm allowed to use that. I watched Community before that was a meme, and my best friend is bi. Covering all them bases!

Your best friend is bi, but is he/she/shklee omnisexual like Jack Harkness? 

Spoiler

People_Jack_Harkness_2676.jpg 

mjevtlo2nl.jpg

7 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I dunno, we'll see about that when I finally finish my games list (I'm listing them all not just backlog games, except for free-to-play and multiplayer-only games that I'll never play for more than an hour). I have a feeling my list is one of the larger list even WITHOUT counting additional copies of the numerous games I've bought on multiple platforms. 

Your best friend is bi, but is he/she/shklee omnisexual like Jack Harkness? 

Reveal hidden contents

People_Jack_Harkness_2676.jpg 

mjevtlo2nl.jpg

Either way, I think you'd have more than me now. I have like 10 or 15 physical PS3 games at the moment. I picked up a lot of my collection again when the digital versions went on sale (over 2000 games on my PSN account across all platforms, including PSP, PS1, and minis) and ended up swapping them out for versions on other consoles (like how I dumped all my Guitar Hero shit in favor the PS2 versions so I can use my old corded guitars) and whatnot. 

Dunno about omni, but pretty well pan. I'm just going by what she refers to herself as.

Update: Played through Puyo Puyo Tetris(beat story mode so consider that beaten), and also got Dark Witch Rudymical :3

Fun game :D The new "swap" (swaps between Tetris and Puyo boards every X minutes) and "fusion" (both kinds of pieces on the same board) modes are interesting, and the story mode was funny with some cool challenges x3 Been playing a bunch of online too, and it doesn't seem like they have a skill-based matchmaking system because I keep going up against way higher-ranking people (and getting my ass kicked)... but otherwise it's been fun.

Main thing I miss is an endless Tetris mode (closest one automatically ends after reaching a high enough level), wonder if there's some kind of licensing issue with that? They have endless Puyo mode...

I'm also up for playing against anyone else who has it x3

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1

Well, everybody should be up to date again.

I removed the game icons at the bottom, I mostly added this at the start so people could see who were playing the same games and who to ask about other games but it was getting too large of a list by now and the discussions are here anyway.

On 11-5-2017 at 11:11 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I've picked up Over Top but am yet to start it.

On 11-5-2017 at 3:26 PM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

On my thing I've got

King of Fighters 98

Metal Slug 3 - done a few times now

Fast RMX - 100% campaign

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment - game clocked, new game plus nearly clocked but then dumped for PS4 version

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - all GPs gold on 150cc

Blaster Master Zero - most of the way through

NBA Playgrounds - making my way through the tournament mode

Mr. Shifty - nearly done

Kamiko - just started, quite fun so far for 6.50

... So you've immediately forgotten you also own Over Top? :)

On 11-5-2017 at 5:06 PM, SolidJD said:

Games Played

1-2 Switch

Snipperclips

Legend of Zelda:BotW

Mario Kart 8 DE 

Loving my Switch. Nintendo have done it. They have made a top console which I enjoy to play in TV mode and handheld (preferring Handheld at the moment). 

You got lost in between the other discussions but welcome! You've been added as the first of the Second Mice.

On 13-5-2017 at 1:33 AM, angelgrievous said:

Hey @BillyHorrible

New games to add:

• Kamiko
  • Wonder Boy: The Dragons Trap
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Let me know if Wonder Boy works out for you, seems like a game I could enjoy, though the trailer (especially the beginning) is kind of narmy.

9 hours ago, Zanreo said:

Update: Played through Puyo Puyo Tetris(beat story mode so consider that beaten), and also got Dark Witch Rudymical :3

Fun game :D The new "swap" (swaps between Tetris and Puyo boards every X minutes) and "fusion" (both kinds of pieces on the same board) modes are interesting, and the story mode was funny with some cool challenges x3 Been playing a bunch of online too, and it doesn't seem like they have a skill-based matchmaking system because I keep going up against way higher-ranking people (and getting my ass kicked)... but otherwise it's been fun.

Main thing I miss is an endless Tetris mode (closest one automatically ends after reaching a high enough level), wonder if there's some kind of licensing issue with that? They have endless Puyo mode...

I'm also up for playing against anyone else who has it x3

I may have missed some of your updates, but those two (Tetris and Dark Witch) are the only two you have on 'played' in the OP now... Could you check and correct your OP list?

Come to think of it, some others might have played more than the OP now states.

@cjshaitan Have you played anything on your Switch yet? :)

@fisty123 Your OP list is probably outdated, I've only written down Super Bomberman R as a played game for you, could you check and correct the list?

@SnowxSakura Am I correct in stating that Zelda is still your only game for the Switch?

Update for myself:

I've bought World Of Goo! (@MosesRockefeller can be proud)

I played through the first chapter and I still enjoy the game a lot. Fun puzzles, with good humour and it's a bit cheeky.

It's a bit annoying that there's no regular controller layout - you either need to play the game in tablet mode, or you need to use a single joycon Wii-style. I guess I'm doing the tablet mode but a regular controller mode would have been nice.

I really enjoyed the multiplayer session of Mario Kart I played with @angelgrievous and @MosesRockefeller, I hope more people will join us eventually in future sessions. I already figured as much when I bought it but I will mostly play this game in multiplayer, both online and offline. If we keep having fun sessions like this, I might just need to pay for online come October...

I'll probably buy at least one or two more games somewhere the following weeks, to prepare for some away-from-home days, including but not limited to the summer vacation.

Games not out yet (but could be out soon) that are high on my wish list:

Yooka-Laylee

Shakedown Hawaii

Redout (depending on price; Fast RMX was much better than I expected)

Runner3

Games already out that I'm seriously considering buying:

Over Top

Games already out that I would like to see on a sale before I buy them:

Human Resource Machine

Little Inferno

Snake Pass (simply because PSN had a 20% pre-order discount; I want the game on Switch but I do not want to pay more than I could)

Mr. Shifty

Wonder Boy

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I've bought World Of Goo! (@MosesRockefeller can be proud)

I played through the first chapter and I still enjoy the game a lot. Fun puzzles, with good humour and it's a bit cheeky.

It's a bit annoying that there's no regular controller layout - you either need to play the game in tablet mode, or you need to use a single joycon Wii-style. I guess I'm doing the tablet mode but a regular controller mode would have been nice.

Agreed, I think it would control well with a regular controller. I wonder, is the PC the only way to play that way? Or maybe it's mouse-only? I have it on Steam, and I could check if I wasn't so lazy. 

Spoiler

470529.jpg?b64lines=IEJ1dCB5b3UgYXJlIGxh

I really enjoyed the multiplayer session of Mario Kart I played with @angelgrievous and @MosesRockefeller, I hope more people will join us eventually in future sessions. I already figured as much when I bought it but I will mostly play this game in multiplayer, both online and offline. If we keep having fun sessions like this, I might just need to pay for online come October...

I had a blast, especially in Battle Mode. As I said in my PM, the racing mode got tedious after a while (part of which no doubt had to do with me being trailing last BADLY in each match), but I've never enjoyed racing games much anyway. Battle Mode is loads of fun though, and I was glad to see that the multiplayer was solid apart from some connection drops. 

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'll probably buy at least one or two more games somewhere the following weeks, to prepare for some away-from-home days, including but not limited to the summer vacation.

Games not out yet (but could be out soon) that are high on my wish list:

Yooka-Laylee

Shakedown Hawaii

Redout (depending on price; Fast RMX was much better than I expected)

Runner3

Games already out that I'm seriously considering buying:

Over Top

Games already out that I would like to see on a sale before I buy them:

Human Resource Machine

Little Inferno

Snake Pass (simply because PSN had a 20% pre-order discount; I want the game on Switch but I do not want to pay more than I could)

Mr. Shifty

Wonder Boy

We have similar tastes in games. My list is pretty similar to yours, especially the "sale" part. I would buy LEGO City Undercover on a deep discount. It would probably have to be 50% off or more since I already 100% completed it on Wii U. Honestly though, I'd love to see a sequel, but I am not holding my breath. 

22 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Agreed, I think it would control well with a regular controller. I wonder, is the PC the only way to play that way? Or maybe it's mouse-only? I have it on Steam, and I could check if I wasn't so lazy. 

I recall only using a mouse on PC.

I had a blast, especially in Battle Mode. As I said in my PM, the racing mode got tedious after a while (part of which no doubt had to do with me being trailing last BADLY in each match), but I've never enjoyed racing games much anyway. Battle Mode is loads of fun though, and I was glad to see that the multiplayer was solid apart from some connection drops. 

I am thinking about creating a Mario Kart thread so we can plan several sessions with more people. Still thinking about what would be better, a Mario Kart Event or a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe General Discussion.

Probably an Event though, I could keep the upcoming dates in the OP...

We have similar tastes in games. My list is pretty similar to yours, especially the "sale" part. I would buy LEGO City Undercover on a deep discount. It would probably have to be 50% off or more since I already 100% completed it on Wii U. Honestly though, I'd love to see a sequel, but I am not holding my breath. 

I only play LEGO together with the missus and she didn't like the last few games (Dimensions and Avengers), leaving me to clean up the mess. I liked Dimensions myself but I'm annoyed by Avengers so I'm hesitant to buy any more LEGO games, unless it's Star Wars...

I recall only using a mouse on PC.

Yeah, so did I, but I am wondering if it also supports controllers. I wouldn't have used one at the time, even if the option was there. And some PC games, especially older ones, don't advertise controller support, they just have it. That's kind of how the Joy-con support is in World of Goo, the game doesn't tell you it works until you try it. 

I am thinking about creating a Mario Kart thread so we can plan several sessions with more people. Still thinking about what would be better, a Mario Kart Event or a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe General Discussion.

Probably an Event though, I could keep the upcoming dates in the OP...

Sounds good to me! 

I only play LEGO together with the missus and she didn't like the last few games (Dimensions and Avengers), leaving me to clean up the mess. I liked Dimensions myself but I'm annoyed by Avengers so I'm hesitant to buy any more LEGO games, unless it's Star Wars...

I wasn't a big fan of Avengers. I still got the Platinum but it was my least favorite of the past few games. Everyone hates LEGO Batman 3, but I liked it much better than this. 

I haven't played Dimensions in co-op, but recently my younger siblings visited to see the baby play video games and they had a blast playing LEGO Dimensions, especially since my sister is a big Doctor Who fan and my brother is a big DC Comics fan. I loved the game myself. 

As far as LEGO City Undercover goes, it's a fantastic game. It probably has the best singleplayer gameplay of any of the LEGO games. The open world is good too, it's kind of like GTA in LEGO form (and less violent) as many reviewers have said. As a Nintendo fan, you would really like the little Nintendo references too (it's all Mario IIRC). That being said, apparently loading times are still bad on the Switch. I'm also not sure how fun it is in co-op, since it wasn't built that way. Also, since it's not using a non-LEGO licensed franchise, it appeals more to LEGO fans than say Star Wars fans. 

I would love to play LEGO Force Awakens on the Switch; having it portable (and yes, I played the cut-down Vita version) would be awesome. It looks like the first "licensed" LEGO game on the Switch is going to be Marvel Super Heroes 2 though (on a side note, I think it's unfortunate that this game is ALSO releasing later on Switch than PS4/X1/PC - Nintendo needs to work with 3rd parties to get concurrent multiplatform releases). The Switch should also eventually get the inevitable LEGO Star Wars 5. 

23 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

... So you've immediately forgotten you also own Over Top? :)

You mean this sucker?

18581474_758967617594920_750557005039159 

Also forgot Graceful Explosion Machine. Though since I bought a new game today anyways, I'll do an update. 

Games Played Through

Fast RMX

Metal Slug 3

King of Fighters '98

Shovel Knight: Specter Of Torment

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Over Top

Mr. Shifty

Kamiko

Games Played

Blaster Master Zero

Graceful Explosion Machine

NBA Playgrounds

Dark Which Music Episode: Rudymical

... probably shouldn't really count Over Top but oh well. Am I in front yet or? :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

You mean this sucker?

18581474_758967617594920_750557005039159 

Also forgot Graceful Explosion Machine. Though since I bought a new game today anyways, I'll do an update. 

Games Played Through

Fast RMX

Metal Slug 3

King of Fighters '98

Shovel Knight: Specter Of Torment

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Over Top

Mr. Shifty

Kamiko

Games Played

Blaster Master Zero

Graceful Explosion Machine

NBA Playgrounds

Dark Which Music Episode: Rudymical

... probably shouldn't really count Over Top but oh well. Am I in front yet or? :P

Well, combined with how much more work you've put in both Fast RMX and Mario Kart, I guess you're in front as soon as you've played through Zelda B)

Why should Over Top not count? Is it really bad, or really short? Info on that game would be appreciated as I was planning on buying it even though I really don't know that much about it, I just watched a minute or so of gameplay.

With so many games bought, it really is a surprise to me that you have not tried Snipperclips yet. It's a great game to convince your partner (are you actually married, can I say 'wife'?) that your Switch is not just a paperweight (yes, I actually read your rants).

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well, combined with how much more work you've put in both Fast RMX and Mario Kart, I guess you're in front as soon as you've played through Zelda B)

Why should Over Top not count? Is it really bad, or really short? Info on that game would be appreciated as I was planning on buying it even though I really don't know that much about it, I just watched a minute or so of gameplay.

With so many games bought, it really is a surprise to me that you have not tried Snipperclips yet. It's a great game to convince your partner (are you actually married, can I say 'wife'?) that your Switch is not just a paperweight (yes, I actually read your rants).

Which is to say "I play them on the toilet, on the train, and whenever else I get a good 10 minute burst to game, because Mr. Shifty was like 3 hours total and took me a couple of weeks" ... also I might pick up Zelda in the near future, a friend gave me a returns voucher to Target for 33 bucks because they don't have a Target near them and they wouldn't take any money off me. They have Zelda for 79 which is about the cheapest you can get it here, might jump in when I stack up some more survey rewards. Just cashed in 30 bucks for eShop vouchers the other day as it was. God, I would be bleeding money if I actually paid for my games.

It's fun, it's just real short. Like, to get to that game over screen was like 5 minutes. It's exactly what I was hoping it was though, a bird's eye view version of OutRun. Well not exactly, but close enough that I like it. It's basically the gameplay you would have seen, and you just race against the clock to the next checkpoint, ala OutRun, and then eventually you reach the finish line and try to do it again. Great little arcade game for 5 minutes when you're bored and whatnot though, I had fun, and will continue to replay it a fair bit to beat my times.

I tried the demo, with said partner too, and it didn't really grab her, I enjoyed it for what it was but wouldn't bother putting down 30 bucks to play it on my own. If she was more interested then I might, though if it goes on sale for 15 or so I might lash out anyways. And good, so you also get them confused. By them, I mean Jessie and Caitlyn. Caitlyn is the missus, by which I obviously mean girlfriend and not wife (duh) and Jessie is the best friend. I go to TAFE with her every day and she's always around, and I live with Caitlyn so she's also always around. Caitlyn was the one who ended up convincing me to buy the thing, and Jessie was the one who hates Nintendo with passion because she's an irrational wreck of a human being never played Mario until late into life and was disappointed like fuck given how much everyone hyped it up. Anyway, every now and then I go to tell one of them something and say the wrong name, which then makes me think of the one where Ross got married and said Rachel's name and then I forget what I was on about. I have a short attention span. Like, I'm perfectly able to focus on shit, I just would rather not because there is only so much time in the world. That's a sentence.

2 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Which is to say "I play them on the toilet, on the train, and whenever else I get a good 10 minute burst to game, because Mr. Shifty was like 3 hours total and took me a couple of weeks" ... also I might pick up Zelda in the near future, a friend gave me a returns voucher to Target for 33 bucks because they don't have a Target near them and they wouldn't take any money off me. They have Zelda for 79 which is about the cheapest you can get it here, might jump in when I stack up some more survey rewards. Just cashed in 30 bucks for eShop vouchers the other day as it was. God, I would be bleeding money if I actually paid for my games.

Sounds like how I play a lot of AAA games on PS4 pretty early on because I just trade the games on afterwards, the Switch is the first time in a long time that I'm actually paying for my games.

Though I brought so much back to the store to trade in in preparation fro the Switch, that when the time came to actually buy everything I only had to add €0,09 - that's for the Switch, an extra set of controllers and Snipperclips, Zelda, a pro controller, a screen protector and some amiibo to boot (the messenger bag was delayed). I'm paying for all the digital games now though. Well, technically since I'm still selling some retail games and you could say that that's the money that goes into the digital games.

It's fun, it's just real short. Like, to get to that game over screen was like 5 minutes. It's exactly what I was hoping it was though, a bird's eye view version of OutRun. Well not exactly, but close enough that I like it. It's basically the gameplay you would have seen, and you just race against the clock to the next checkpoint, ala OutRun, and then eventually you reach the finish line and try to do it again. Great little arcade game for 5 minutes when you're bored and whatnot though, I had fun, and will continue to replay it a fair bit to beat my times.

So, after those five minutes, have you seen everything or is that just one race and are there different types of race?

I tried the demo, with said partner too, and it didn't really grab her, I enjoyed it for what it was but wouldn't bother putting down 30 bucks to play it on my own. If she was more interested then I might, though if it goes on sale for 15 or so I might lash out anyways. And good, so you also get them confused. By them, I mean Jessie and Caitlyn. Caitlyn is the missus, by which I obviously mean girlfriend and not wife (duh) and Jessie is the best friend. I go to TAFE with her every day and she's always around, and I live with Caitlyn so she's also always around. Caitlyn was the one who ended up convincing me to buy the thing, and Jessie was the one who hates Nintendo with passion because she's an irrational wreck of a human being never played Mario until late into life and was disappointed like fuck given how much everyone hyped it up. Anyway, every now and then I go to tell one of them something and say the wrong name, which then makes me think of the one where Ross got married and said Rachel's name and then I forget what I was on about. I have a short attention span. Like, I'm perfectly able to focus on shit, I just would rather not because there is only so much time in the world. That's a sentence.

Well, if you confuse them then how the hell am I supposed to keep track...

Well Snipperclips is definitely a multiplayer-only game. There's 45 two-player puzzles (which could be completed solo while switching characters) and 21 four-player puzzles (which could be played with a minimum of two players while switching characters), as well as some battle mode kind of stuff (deathmatch, basketball, ice hockey, that stuff) which I did not really do after the first time trying them. I'd say it's a fun co-op game but you're going to need to communicate together or it will be a disaster.

3 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

You can just do what old people like my wife and I do (yes we're old, we're practically twice your age), and that's call each other "mom" and "dad". Actually, I don't call her "mom", I usually stick with "hon" or something, but she has called me "dad" since we had the first kid, which makes me feel like an old fart. The other thing that helps prevent me from calling her the wrong name, is that I don't have any close friends, much less friends of the female persuasion. So I don't have to worry about that particular foot-in-mouth faux pas. 

But what do I know, I've already caught myself calling the new baby boy his big sister's nickname, so obviously I'm easily confused too... but at least I can blame that on getting old. 

4 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

You can just do what old people like my wife and I do (yes we're old, we're practically twice your age), and that's call each other "mom" and "dad". Actually, I don't call her "mom", I usually stick with "hon" or something, but she has called me "dad" since we had the first kid, which makes me feel like an old fart. The other thing that helps prevent me from calling her the wrong name, is that I don't have any close friends, much less friends of the female persuasion. So I don't have to worry about that particular foot-in-mouth faux pas. 

But what do I know, I've already caught myself calling the new baby boy his big sister's nickname, so obviously I'm easily confused too... but at least I can blame that on getting old. 

You think that's bad - my wife calls me 'dad' when she wants the dog to go to me and leave her to her schoolwork... We don't even have any children yet (nor do we have any planned).

10 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

You think that's bad - my wife calls me 'dad' when she wants the dog to go to me and leave her to her schoolwork... We don't even have any children yet (nor do we have any planned).

Hey, pets are kids so it's all good. Although generally speaking, human children tend to pee on the floor less often. Usually. 

Also, does anybody plan to have kids? Usually it's a lack of planning that creates that situation, amirite? 

Spoiler

845594.jpg?b64lines=IE1BUkdFIElTIFBSRUdO

Sorry, The Olympic event on this site has taken me away from the Switch for most of it.
I did however make more progress on Zelda and brought the Dark Witch game because I enjoy the series.
Oh and I finally got around to picking up Mario Kart today.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Hey, pets are kids so it's all good. Although generally speaking, human children tend to pee on the floor less often. Usually. 

Also, does anybody plan to have kids? Usually it's a lack of planning that creates that situation, amirite? 

Reveal hidden contents

You're kidding, right? Dogs are much better at being trained where to do there business than kids.

Also, my wife and I have been discussing the pros and cons of having kids for a few years now. Having our time remain our own still comes out on top.

2 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Sorry, The Olympic event on this site has taken me away from the Switch for most of it.
I did however make more progress on Zelda and brought the Dark Witch game because I enjoy the series.
Oh and I finally got around to picking up Mario Kart today.

If you ever feel like playing multiplayer with us:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/48490-mario-kart-8-deluxe-a-psnprofiles-continuous-multiplayer-gaming-event/

You're kidding, right? Dogs are much better at being trained where to do there business than kids.

Also, my wife and I have been discussing the pros and cons of having kids for a few years now. Having our time remain our own still comes out on top.

Nope, I wasn't kidding. I guess it depends on the dog, but our little lap dog has some kind of anxiety disorder as best we can tell. He hates going outside even though he has a convenient doggie door, and multiple times I have come home from work and bent down to pet him, only to have him pee on me. When he gets excited or anxious, he pees inside. He never does it by himself, it's always when he's getting pet, having a human toy grabbed away, etc. 

Once kids are potty trained, they might have an occasional accident in their pants, but they typically don't pee on the floor. Maybe we're just bad at training our dogs, but they've all had occasional issues. 

Certainly, kids aren't for everyone. The last thing I want to do is try to convince people to have kids. I always hated it when coworkers did that to me. We waited until we were both 33 before we had a kid, and I really doubt I would have been ready before that. We would have risen to the occasion if it had become necessary, but I'm glad we waited until we did. And it's not like we were party animals who had lives outside the house (that is SO not us), we just liked having our TV time after dinner, etc. And yeah, you lose some of that flexibility when you have a kid, but if and when you're ready for the adventure, it's worth losing that freedom. There's nothing quite like bringing a human being into the world. I'd imagine surviving a near-certain death might be close, but I can't speak from experience there. On the topic of planning, that was what we did at first, but I felt like I was starting to say "I'm not ready yet" as an excuse. Eventually I decided that it was time to jump in, and I'm glad we did. 

Anyway, getting back to the topic: I saw my first Switch "in the wild" yesterday! A guy on my train ride home was playing Mario Kart. I didn't see him until I was queuing up to get off, or else I would have said something to him. 

On 16/05/2017 at 7:26 PM, BillyHorrible said:

@cjshaitan Have you played anything on your Switch yet? :)

Lol I'm still alive ?.

Finally load up Switch the other day ( not bad for a day one purchase right ?) and played an hour of Zelda and an hour of Mario Kart. Really to early to comment much yet but having never played a Mario Kart game before ( what the f&@k ?) I was surprised just how much fun it is. Planning on dividing my time a bit more evenly over the coming months as I delve into Zelda properly. Will be doing a second stack of FFXV soon and think moving between it and Zelda would be fantastic ?

Edited by cjshaitan

On 5/17/2017 at 7:41 PM, BillyHorrible said:

So, after those five minutes, have you seen everything or is that just one race and are there different types of race?

You've seen most of everything, yeah. Where OutRun has branching paths and reason to replay, Over Top instead has nothing. That being said, I was playing it again for a good 20 minutes or so on the train this morning and replaying is never boring, it's still fun and all, but there's nothing new to discover. There's a couple of shortcuts here and there, but they don't alter anything really. I've not spent a tonne of time playing it though, but for the most part I'm just turning up the difficulty each time I finish. I died right near the end of level 4 difficulty which bummed me out but oh well. I'd say get the game if you have the money for it and think you'll play it, what's there is pretty fun, it's just not very long. If you think you'd replay the shit out of it, it's pretty fun. Just don't play as the Ferrari, it looks pretty, but it's just not practical among the different terrains. 

And I clocked NBA Playgrounds last night too. Enjoy.

On 5/17/2017 at 10:49 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm just quoting you at random because I can't be bothered looking for the earlier post. You're the dude who was half and half on NBA, right? I clocked tournament mode last night and have been playing the shit out of the game. Outside of the load times, I honestly think the game is a blast. It's like a greatly expanded NBA Jam with pretty visuals and great performance. I still miss the odd shot, but for the most part it's pretty easy to get the hang of after a few games and I've won a lot more than I've lost finally. Plus knocking Shaq and Lebron on their assess is good for a laugh. If the price don't drive you away, I'd grab it in a heartbeat. Also I love that one, he's even more oblivious than usual.