Spring Backlog Challenge 2017

1. Final Fantasy X HD 16% 21% (13 out of 34 trophies)

2. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix 15% (11 out of 56 trophies)

3. Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny 10% (7 out of 38 trophies)

4. Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland 8% (6 out of 53 trophies)

5. Demon Gaze 16% 100%

6. Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse 20% 100%

7. Time and Eternity 18% (7 out of 30 trophies)

8. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 2% (2 out of 34 trophies)

9. Pocket RPG 0% 100%

10. Deception IV: Blood Ties 0%

11. God of War 0% 15% (10 out of 36 trophies)

12. Journey 0%

13. Remember Me 0%

Made a bit of progress.  I ended up going with starting God of War and have made some progress in it.  Also got 3 trophies in FFX HD.  Should be done with the grinding needed to survive Mt. Gagazet plus the boss at the end of it and in the meantime I got Yojimbo and I made some progress in the whole capture 10 of every fiend in Spiria thing I'll need to do for defeating Nemesis later on by capturing 10 of everything in the Calm Lands while grinding.

• Like 1

New Update:

1. Magus (Ps3) - 100%  :platinum:

2. Little Acre (Ps4) - 100% :platinum:

3. N.E.R.O. (Ps4) - 100% :platinum:

4. Color Guardians 80% => 100% :platinum:

5. Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Ps4) - 13% => 100% :platinum:

Well I finished my original list. I'll just add one at a time as I go along now....

6. Captain America (PS3) - 0% => 60%

Finished the story. Just need a collectible run and challenge mode. Should finish it today or tomorrow. Then I'll choose my next game.

• Like 1

New Update:

Well I finished my original list. I'll just add one at a time as I go along now....

6. Captain America (PS3) - 60% => 100% :platinum:

Another one down.

7. Heavy Fire (PS3) - 0%

• Like 2

Must be that time again for a little progress report ☺️

This week sees Ghost Recon finished off ( I am tossing up whether to buy the season pass for the DLC or just wait and pick up the 1st pack next week) , good progress in Aqua Moto Racing - although now I have the time trails to finish and damn some of them are tough. Started work on Lego D for my 150th so should hopefully knock that out by the weekend so as not to slow down the platinum count. 

As always hope everyone is having fun. 

Current progress

1. Skylanders Giants (9%)

2. Skylanders Swap Force - PS3 (0%)

3. Skylanders Trap Team (0%)

4. FFXIII (0%)

5. WRC 6 (69%)

6. Gravity Rush 2 (18%)

7. Watchdogs 2 (1%)

8. Horizon Zero Dawn (100%) COMPLETED 18/3

9. Gran Turismo 6 (0%)

10. Lego Dimensions (PS3) (9%)

11. Nier : Automata (4%)

12. Darksiders Warmaster Edition (PS4) (1%)

13. Kingdom Hearts (PS4) (0%)

14. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands (100%) COMPLETED 18/4

15. Aqua Moto Racing Utopia (56%)

• Like 1

2 more off my list.....platted Batman Telltale and 100% Walking Dead Michonne....should have probably left Guacamalee on my list and removed Layers of Fear, had a look on Youtube at a few people playing it, really not my type of game, I hate horror games, lol, just remember picking it up really cheap and it being a supposedly "easy" plat. It's probably never going to leave my backlog! :facepalm::(

• Like 1

New Update:

Well, I finished my original list. I'll just add one at a time as I go along now....

7. Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear (PS3) - 0% => 100% :platinum:

Another one down. Much quicker than expected. I did not realize when I started you had to beat the entire game in one sitting twice for the glitched trophies. Really made me enjoy the game less.

8. Valley (PS4) - 0%

I will be slowing down a bit to try and clean up a bit of my backlog.

On 2/26/2017 at 10:36 PM, Kishnabe said:

1. Gal Gun: Double Peace (18%)

2. Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkuni (1%)

3. Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness (20%)

4. Ray Gigant (100% April 21st)

5. Trails of Cold Steel 2 (10%)

-------

6: Strangers of Sword City (43%)

7. Root Letter PSVita (0)%)

8. Forma.8(100% March 22nd)

9. Bridge Constructor (22%)

10. Superdimension Neptune V.S. Sega Hard Girls (1%) 

Completed Ray Gigant.  

• Like 1

1. Final Fantasy X HD 16% 45% (22 out of 34 trophies)

2. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix 15% (11 out of 56 trophies)

3. Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny 10% (7 out of 38 trophies)

4. Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland 8% (6 out of 53 trophies)

5. Demon Gaze 16% 100%

6. Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse 20% 100%

7. Time and Eternity 18% (7 out of 30 trophies)

8. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 2% (2 out of 34 trophies)

9. Pocket RPG 0% 100%

10. Deception IV: Blood Ties 0%

11. God of War 0% 18% (11 out of 36 trophies)

12. Journey 0%

13. Remember Me 0%

Made a bit of progress in FFX HD.  I'm almost at the end of the game, got all the celestial weapons (though not all the crests and sigils), got all the summons, and am working on more fiend capturing and blitzball stuff along with just getting AP in general for the perfect sphere master trophy.  Also got a trophy in God of War.

• Like 3

Like I said before, not going to finish, but will do my best. Adding the game I want to be my 10th :platinum: to my list.

Telltale's Game of Thrones (PS4)-100% (:platinum: 3/16)

Trivial Pursuit-100% (:platinum: 3/23)

Horizon: Zero Dawn-10%

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition-4%

Saturday Morning RPG *NEW*-0%

Dust: An Elysian Tail-0%

Infamous First Light-0%

Child of Light (PS4)-0%

Sly Cooper 1 HD (PS3)-0%

DuckTales Remastered-0%

• Like 2

On 4/19/2017 at 3:27 PM, colinmazzini said:

New Update:

Well, I finished my original list. I'll just add one at a time as I go along now....

7. Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear (PS3) - 0% => 100% :platinum:

Another one down. Much quicker than expected. I did not realize when I started you had to beat the entire game in one sitting twice for the glitched trophies. Really made me enjoy the game less.

8. Valley (PS4) - 0%

I will be slowing down a bit to try and clean up a bit of my backlog.

Guess I accidentally added another game. My kids and I kinda started lifeless planet today. Interesting indie platformer so far.

9. Lifeless Planet (PS4) - 2%

I'll get around to valley soon also.

Progress Update 2:

Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands: 0%

Horizon Zero Dawn: 87%

Steins Gate ø: 100% (Platinum)

Stories: The Path of Destinies: 100% (Platinum)

The Little Acre: 100% (Platinum)

Stories: The Path of Destinies QRv:
A chose-your-own-adventure that surrounds the escapades of Reynardo, an anthropomorphic pirate fox. Across 24 storylines, the player is tasked with helping Reynardo arduously piece together the path to his true destiny. 

At first, playing through a few storylines gave the sense of a whimsical experience with depth. Much to the player's chagrin however, running through all story paths also means sitting through the same non-skippable choice cutscenes (thankfully some story cutscenes are skippable). The crafting system, while simplistic, is worthwhile for each sword crafted opens secret areas which house gem buffs for Reynaldo. 

These buffs are quite welcomed for combat, though stylish, is a bit flawed. For instance, both the attack and counter commands are assigned to the same button leading to numerous missed counters. Thankfully certain combat skills such as 'Dash through the Enemy' and 'True Sword Fu' makes combat more fluid, and dare I say, fun. 

While not the most polished game out there on the market, Stories: The Path of Destinies did succeed in providing players with a unique gaming experience. Therefore if one is tempted to buy this game on sale (or received this game for free via PS+) do so knowing you may garner at least a dozen or so hours of enjoyment and another dozen of reptitious sequences and light level grinding.

Happy Gaming,

Vanillamoose ;)

Started work on LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7. Want to get that platinumed before I add more games on the account as this, Yooka-Laylee(which I have been working on the side) and World of Final Fantasy are the only incomplete games on my list and I want to keep the completion high. That's why I made blank accounts, so I wouldn't bog my main account with games that may be undoable.

I forgot how boring the cutscenes were. :(

Progress Update #3:

Horizon Zero Dawn: 100% (Platinum)

Stories: The Path of Destinies: 100% (Platinum)

The Littlest Acre: 100% (Platinum)

Horizon Zero Dawn Quick Review (QRv):

Horizon Zero Dawn follows the journey of Aloy, a Nora outcast that must travel beyond the embrace to discover her origins and the true intent of the Eclipse. With bow and spear at hand, Aloy fights through hordes of mechs and cultists to grow stronger and closer to the truth. 

Given the highly refined combat mechanics, fighting through hordes is an enjoyable experience that makes the player feel like a tried and true huntress. Since each enemy type has a different weakness and fight pattern, players will find themselves employing nearly Aloy's entire arsenal. 

Some weapons, however, that may gather dust in her arsenal are the rope caster, Tearblaster, and Rattler. In later stages of the game, the rope caster has little effect, for mechs rip through these tethers in seconds. The Tearblaster and Rattler are short-ranged weapons that may prove useful to some. Yet when a mech is mere inches away from tearing Aloy apart like a rag doll, it's best to resort to the spear for short-ranged combat.

While Aloy is well equipped, monsters can whittle down her health bar to nil with just a few well timed strikes. Therefore it's key to have lots of health items and the proper armor for any given situation. To obtain some of the best weapons and armor, Aloy must hunt every mech creature and scavenge the lifeless automatons for machine parts, resources, and modifications.

Hunting wildlife and scavenging the environment for natural resources is also necessary for upgrades. Once all resources are acquired, Aloy can simply turn them in to one of the various traders across the land. Aloy also needs large quivers and pouches to store all her ammo, so it would behoove the player to craft these, in the in-game crafting menu, as soon as possible.

Special weapons can also be obtained through completing 15 lodge trials. Lodge trials are tests, designed by the Carja clan, to determine a hunter/huntress' prowess. Some trials may require repeated attempts, but none are so difficult that one will be tempted to hurl their controller at the screen. Last but not least, is the Shieldweaver armor. Donning this garb makes the wearer imperviousness to damage for a time (making all other armor sets nearly obsolete). To obtain this armor, one must collect five well hidden power cells.

With Aloy's infinite stamina and ability to override mountable mechs, traveling across the lush landscape is effortless. Also once the golden travel pack is purchased (tip: hunt wild animals often to obtain the necessary materials), Aloy can travel to any discovered bonfire infinitely. Surprisingly though, vertical transversal is limited to just a few marked ledges and footholds. While a slight oddity, this limitation does little to tarnish the radiance of this well-polished masterpiece. 

Happy Gaming,

Vanillamoose ;)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, vanillamoose said:

Happy Gaming,

Vanillamoose ;)

Tasty! I will make note of HZD for May. Right now I am on financial lockdown because I purchased something stupid and wasted $120 of my grocery money. :( Luckily I do have enough Gamestop credit to purchase Dragon Quest Heroes when it comes out.

Edited by NebbyLunala
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NebbyLunala said:

Tasty! I will make note of HZD for May. Right now I am on financial lockdown because I purchased something stupid and wasted $120 of my grocery money. :( Luckily I do have enough Gamestop credit to purchase Dragon Quest Heroes when it comes out.

Oh darn sorry to hear that NebbyLunala :( Hope you have enough grocery moola to eat well for the rest of the month! Will let you know if I see Horizon on sale somewhere :)

4 hours ago, vanillamoose said:

Progress Update #3:

Horizon Zero Dawn: 100% (Platinum)

Stories: The Path of Destinies: 100% (Platinum)

The Littlest Acre: 100% (Platinum)

Horizon Zero Dawn Quick Review (QRv):

Happy Gaming,

Vanillamoose ;)

Nice write up Vanilla. Sounds like you enjoyed it a lot. 

• Like 1

New Update:

4. Color Guardians 100% :platinum:

5. Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Ps4) - 100% :platinum:

6. Captain America (PS3) - 100% :platinum:

7. Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear (PS3) - 100% :platinum:

8. Valley (PS4) - 0%

9. Lifeless Planet (PS4) - 2% => 100% :platinum:

Lifeless Planet down. I maintain it was a fun platformer, but I also really enjoyed the story only for its premise. I teach Russian history and have a background in Aerospace Engineering so the two (Alternative Russian history and space) come together well for me in a fun little game.

• Like 2

1. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (ps4) 100%

2. CounterSpy (ps4) 19%

3. Tiny Troopers Joint Ops (ps4) 100%

4. BioShock (ps4) 8%-->19%

5. Xeodrifter (ps4) 23%-->38%

Tiny Troopers completed! Good concept but too repetitive. The grind after finishing the campaigns (2-3 hours) didn't help either.

It's the first update after quite a while, I couldn't focus on these games for longer than five weeks and played some other games. I hope that will change in the upcoming weeks. If not, it will be difficult to complete all five.

On 4/23/2017 at 0:48 PM, NebbyLunala said:

Hopefully everything works out OK!