Free-to-play MMORPG Skyforge coming to PS4 in March

kittygirl2010

I've played this on PC since launch and it is SO much fun! I will say that this will not be for everyone as it can tend to be a little grindy to unlock the other classes (legitimately)

I'm pretty damn excited to play this on consoles! My computer couldn't handle it very well so I'm happy that they did this!

You can get a free immortal pack for linking your playstation account, so get it while you can! https://sf-ps4.my.com/en

Edited by kittygirl2010

I couldn't get into this game. No not because its grindy. I used to play FFXI hardcore so these grinds are nothing. 

I am though happy and somewhat excited to know its getting console treatment. 

I'll for sure retry it cause its better than Neverwinter imho and its free! xD

9 hours ago, Parker said:

MMO and RTS' are about the only genre where I feel a mouse and keyboard is a superior control scheme, hopefully this game supports that on PS4. 

Parker

Most older generation of MMO for sure are almost non playable without a mouse or keyboard but a lot of the new MMO these days are so controller friendly. Only really usefulness of the mouse and kb is for typing and menu operations.

Skyforge plays almost like games like Diablo3, Witcher3 or even like a Devil May Cry game or a Dynasty Warrior game.

But its definitely nice if they support mouse and keyboard too like FFXIV.

On 2/18/2017 at 5:32 PM, ratchetdude231 said:

I have heard some pretty mixed things about this game on PC. Since it's free I will give it a try, but I'm not exactly confident that it will be good. 

It's definitely not for everyone. I will say that voice acting is very cringey, the game can seem a little repetitive as far as enemies go and it can also be a grind. As for me, I'm use to MMOs like this, so it doesn't bother me that much. 

Now, the big question is... is there trophy support? Also...I hope they change the Pay to win system a little bit for console...like the weekly credit cap that'll limit you from progressing the game any further if you dont pay up. Yes its nice there are a variety of classes but it seems with the cap you are sorta limited very early on and would take you weeks to get a class. After 15-25 hours of casually playing the game you are gonna hit the weekly credit/spark limit which hinders your progession. Kinda like the stamina system in Vindictus where you can only run a certain amount of dungeons a day. But I guess that's free 2o plays for you.:facepalm:

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

• 3 weeks later...
On February 19, 2017 at 10:35 PM, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Now, the big question is... is there trophy support? Also...I hope they change the Pay to win system a little bit for console...like the weekly credit cap that'll limit you from progressing the game any further if you dont pay up. Yes its nice there are a variety of classes but it seems with the cap you are sorta limited very early on and would take you weeks to get a class. After 15-25 hours of casually playing the game you are gonna hit the weekly credit/spark limit which hinders your progession. Kinda like the stamina system in Vindictus where you can only run a certain amount of dungeons a day. But I guess that's free 2o plays for you.:facepalm: 

How long ago did you play the game? I'm pretty sure I've read online that after the ascension update that came out in October, there are no longer spark Caps. Correct me if I'm wrong.

20 minutes ago, Windex-Qc- said:

How long ago did you play the game? I'm pretty sure I've read online that after the ascension update that came out in October, there are no longer spark Caps. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe 4-6 months after official release? I keep hitting cap, and got boring quick after that. They could have removed, that Im not sure. I do know they added a thing called cap stack. So if you are the very casual and dont even cap, its added to your next weeks cap limit. Itll just keep stacking that way. But this was 9months ago. I havent really heard anything new since then.

edit: Ok you are right, in October Acension update, they have removed cap become too many unhappy players.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Early Access on March 28th, the full game will release on April 11th.

Not sure on the prices for the packs, but if they are like the ones on PC, then anywhere between 20-60 dollars depending on how much extra goodies you want. :/

Edited by kittygirl2010

I'm pretty sad to see how they're already trying to milk money while I heard the end-game on PC is very P2W, invasions that become harder every time and unless you pay, you can't keep up with the increase in required Might to participate. I was really waiting for a new MMO to grind on console but I learned this week about the upcoming cheater-free Season in Diablo 3. So I'll play that on March 31 and see how I feel about playing Skyforge on April 11.