New Final Fantasy VII Remake and Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots

Xel

6 hours ago, Hyakulegger said:

Great! I'm glad I'm not one of them! These people should play FF7 again or make their own HD Remaster and not try to ruin the remake for everyone, since Square are the only ones who can do what they're doing right now.

Anyway, there will ALWAYS be crybabies discontent with anything.

And get DMCA'd by Square?

Also an HD remaster was release for the PS4, a remake was requested and has been for years based on how Resident Evil was remade, but Square is serving us a reimagining instead.

Edited by Qu1ck57r1k3

7 minutes ago, Qu1ck57r1k3 said:

And get DMCA'd by Square?

I pity the morons trying to make money off a fan-game.

7 minutes ago, Qu1ck57r1k3 said:

Also an HD remaster was release for the PS4, a remake was requested and has been for years based on how Resident Evil was remade, but Square is serving us a reimagining instead.

It'll be much more awesome than what Capcom did with REmake.

Edited by Hyakulegger

6 minutes ago, Hyakulegger said:

I pity the morons trying to make money off a fan-game.

It'll be much more awesome than what Capcom did with REmake.

You do know they can still DMCA it without the fans even trying to make money off it right? The same thing what Nintendo does with any fan games that is released.

They've done it before

https://games.slashdot.org/story/09/05/12/0643208/square-enix-shuts-down-fan-made-chrono-trigger-sequel

Edited by Qu1ck57r1k3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hyakulegger said:

Do you have any examples of free Square-based fan games non-funded by any kick-starting site been taken down by DMCA?

Every time I keep googling it, I keep getting Nintendo DMCA fan games left n right. I do remember a fan game Square DMCA'd that wasn't funded by kickstarter (which I didn't even know that was funded by kickstarter). Still though, since Nintendo does DMCA free fan games, Square would have the ability to DMCA fan games released for free as well.

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

Found it, Chrono Trigger Resurrection, fan game? Check, not funded by kickstarter? check as it was being made before kickstarter was a thing.

Edited by Qu1ck57r1k3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Qu1ck57r1k3 said:

Every time I keep googling it, I keep getting Nintendo DMCA fan games left n right. I do remember a fan game Square DMCA'd that wasn't funded by kickstarter (which I didn't even know that was funded by kickstarter). Still though, since Nintendo does DMCA free fan games, Square would have the ability to DMCA fan games released for free as well.

But Square isn't Nintendo. And you thought of one game. One.

11 minutes ago, Hyakulegger said:

Do you have any examples of free Square-based fan games non-funded by any kick-starting site been taken down by DMCA?

https://www.engadget.com/2009/05/12/square-enix-pulls-the-trigger-on-chrono-trigger-fan-projects/

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

It is with our deepest regret that we have to announce the closure of the Chrono Resurrection project.   Square Enix Co., Ltd issued a Cease and Desist letter which means the project is publicly closed indefinitely.

https://www.vg247.com/2014/07/18/final-fantasy-type-0-translation-psp-vita/

The Final Fantasy Type-0 English and Spanish language patch being created by fans for the PSP and Vita versions has been taken down due to legal threats by Square Enix.

http://nintendoeverything.com/square-enix-sends-cease-and-desist-order-for-dragon-quest-vii-fan-translation/

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hyakulegger said:

You didn't. There's many Square fan games out there. They're not being sued.

if they DMCA'd that, then what's to stop them from DMCA'ing a FF VII fan game with much better graphics? your argument for fans to make a fan game of FF VII like they want is pointless when Square can shut the whole thing down. Which is why fans like me are upset with how the reimagining is going

Probably not big enough for square to notice them yet to DMCA them. also DMCA =/= being sued

Edited by Qu1ck57r1k3

1 minute ago, Qu1ck57r1k3 said:

if they DMCA'd that, then what's to stop them from DMCA'ing a FF VII fan game with much better graphics? your argument for fans to make a fan game of FF VII like they want is pointless when Square can shut the whole thing down. Which is why fans like me are upset with how the reimagining is going

Then make your own game and don't show it. This remake shouldn't be butchered just because a tiny fraction of people are routinely discontent and whiny.

2 minutes ago, Qu1ck57r1k3 said:

Probably not big enough for square to notice them yet to DMCA them.

There is a FF7 mod with better graphics. It's been taken down? Also, a remake as simple as the one you wish isn't risking being bigger than it already is, simply because "graphics".

5 minutes ago, Qu1ck57r1k3 said:

also DMCA =/= being sued

DMCA or sued or whatever you want.

Mods aren't the same thing though. Mods fall under a completely different category than a fan made game. Mods take the assets in a game and change them to look like something else/add new elements/etc. Besides you need to buy FF VII first so Square would have little to no problem with mods. They're essentially fan made DLC in a sense.

Also you seem to be ignoring anything posted by SnowxSakura

21 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

https://www.vg247.com/2014/07/18/final-fantasy-type-0-translation-psp-vita/

The Final Fantasy Type-0 English and Spanish language patch being created by fans for the PSP and Vita versions has been taken down due to legal threats by Square Enix.

http://nintendoeverything.com/square-enix-sends-cease-and-desist-order-for-dragon-quest-vii-fan-translation/

Square does DMCA fan made stuff often. Not as often as Nintendo, but often enough.

Edited by Qu1ck57r1k3

On 2/18/2017 at 2:00 PM, Sora9427 said:

For me the confirm that Kh3 is going to be such a gorgeous game :3 (And for people askinf for Trailers probably if not E3, we'll see a Big one at TGS in my opinion)

And that i don't care at all about this FF Remake and i'll just play the Original honestly. I still don't get Why people ar ehappier is like this as gameplay than it was original, i guess i only see kids commenting that don't appreciate a good Turn based Rpg nowadays.... (My phrase is mostly referred to what i saw on FB and around not here)

I certainly agree that the kids these days just don't appreciate a good turn-based RPG. That being said, I'm kind of excited for the changes in FFVII, since it will give the game a new feeling. Had they just done a screen-by-screen remake of FFVII with better graphics (such as the Vita's Adventures of Mana), I would have felt like a "been there, done that".

Of course, this gives Square ample opportunity to ruin the game, and Square has certainly shown an ability to ruin a game. But no guts, no glory, right?

• Like 1

Come on, u can't really blame Nomura. SE gave him two games to work on and that got him overworked. Sure, SE is a good company, but when they give a man two games to direct, I really wish they also have other directors who work for the company to help him get the games done.

3 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

Come on, u can't really blame Nomura. SE gave him two games to work on and that got him overworked. Sure, SE is a good company, but when they give a man two games to direct, I really wish they also have other directors who work for the company to help him get the games done.

:hmm::yay::yay:XD