The Last of Us release date

Lady Lilith

http://kotaku.com/5966783/the-last-of-us-arrives-in-may

The Last of Us from Naughty Dog was a surprise reveal at last year's Video Game Awards. This year it gets another trailer (above), and a release date—May 7, 2013.

I couldn't get the video to work since it didn't have a Youtube link that I saw, but this is pretty epic.

• Like 2

Isn't GTA5 coming out at this time? Is Sony stupid or do they really think they are going to compete against GTA? This is just kissing sales goodbye (I guess it is better than trying to go up against COD again)

Sony knows what they are doing they are putting so much into hyping this game up and every single person who has played past Naughty Dog games is getting this no matter when it comes out they are probably getting GTA as well on top of The Last of Us like me

Edited by silver_pigy

I haven't had time to play video games since I've been in the Academy (rather, I've been to beat to play them) but I graduate February 1st and I'll make time for this game. This easily looks to be the game of the year so far and I can't wait to see what Naughty Dog has in store for us.

Parker

I haven't had time to play video games since I've been in the Academy (rather, I've been to beat to play them) but I graduate February 1st and I'll make time for this game. This easily looks to be the game of the year so far and I can't wait to see what Naughty Dog has in store for us.

Parker

Agreed. I can certainly say that out of all the great games coming out next year.....BF4, Crysis 3, Sly 4, MW4, etc. this is by far my most anticipated title. I am sure Naughty Dog feels the pressure! lol

Sony knows what they are doing they are putting so much into hyping this game up and every single person who has played past Naughty Dog games is getting this no matter when it comes out they are probably getting GTA as well on top of The Last of Us like me

Dude, I used to work as a rep for Sony, they don't know what they are doing. When Vita came out earlier this year they didn't get us promotional material until a week before launch (I was still getting stuff a couple of days after launch). They sent Twisted Metal stuff instead, which we were told to take down as soon as Vita stuff came in. That means they spent thousands on TM promo material only to have it removed a couple of days later.

MLB12 promotional material didn't arrive until 2 weeks after the game came out, and the 3d monitors and ps3 interactives ran the same trailers/demos for an entire year (because people love seeing Motor Storm Apocaplypse videos for 12 months).

Anytime someone would ask "can we get new stuff in" they would respond with "we are doing our best, be patient".

Now I love Sony product, but the one place they fail at is properly advertising their product.

Dude, I used to work as a rep for Sony, they don't know what they are doing. When Vita came out earlier this year they didn't get us promotional material until a week before launch (I was still getting stuff a couple of days after launch). They sent Twisted Metal stuff instead, which we were told to take down as soon as Vita stuff came in. That means they spent thousands on TM promo material only to have it removed a couple of days later.

MLB12 promotional material didn't arrive until 2 weeks after the game came out, and the 3d monitors and ps3 interactives ran the same trailers/demos for an entire year (because people love seeing Motor Storm Apocaplypse videos for 12 months).

Anytime someone would ask "can we get new stuff in" they would respond with "we are doing our best, be patient".

Now I love Sony product, but the one place they fail at is properly advertising their product.

you raise so good points but in my opinion they are doing a good job advertising The Last of Us and the fact that it is a Naughty Dog game i think the game will do just fine in sales