Account Switching (Somewhat) comes to Vita - thanks to Silica

ArmoredSnowman

You guys may or may not have heard, but https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/5vas9i/release_hidden_applicatons_363/ by SilicaAndPina seeks to allow account switching on the vita. Though the advantage is minimal, and you won't be able to earn trophies for another account's game...may not even be able to play your main account's downloaded games, while on another account, but it's a start. The main reason for this being useful is to be able to play some region-restricted (i.e. only available on Vita in certain countries) games, say Crash Bandicoot or Spyro PSOne trilogies. They're not playable on Vita in North America, but are in Europe. So....yay, I'm finally playing Spyro on vita. About the PKG installer, don't worry about it. It's completely useless, dunno why Silica added that. While account switching is clunky (will require disabling wifi to get to sign up screen), and offers minimal benefits, I'm happy about Spyro being on my Vita...though I can't play it from my main account, only my UK account. :/ 

What do you guys think? This is largely useless, yes, but in the end, it's something. Yes, people have gone further and installed ARK/VBHL to allow for PSP back ups and homebrew -- BUT the point of this thread is to promote the account switching capabilities. The eCFW or w/e is irrelevant. I dunno, are there other games like Crash and Spyro that aren't allowed on your Vita because of region restriction? 

• Like 1

is even allowed to talk about this here? this is not wololo or hackinformer.

I mean, in the same subreddit there is a tutorial to activate ARK on 3.63 which allows to run PSP backups :jaymon:

39 minutes ago, RemiXounD said:

is even allowed to talk about this here? this is not wololo or hackinformer.

I mean, in the same subreddit there is a tutorial to activate ARK on 3.63 which allows to run PSP backups :jaymon:

But I didn't link the other threads. This may be of use for those of us who want to play Spyro/Crash some other region-restricted games. I don't really know what ARK is, but I had made a disclaimer in the post that this was strictly about the account switching, and anything past that won't be covered. 

Silica-taaaaaaan!

SAO_Silica1.jpg

Now you guys see why Silica-tan is the best girl :awesome:

Anyway... to sum it up, this is just simplistic way of reformatting Vita + card to switch primary account using 3rd party application, right?

Well... I guess that could be called the first step but... it's actually something that's been possible since the start, albeit complicated as hell.

Do correct me if I'm wrong. 

Though... one thing is positive. You can run something on Vita even without Henkaku.

And if anything, I found this.

http://d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/

Best thing ever.

• Like 2

Meh xD

Ath this point i don't care honetsly i have my account witha  Huuuge backlog to play :P

IT would have been cool having More accounts honetsly at the beginning at least 2 if somebody wanted to play somethign esle on a secondary accoutn and didn't have the game retail or just to share some purchases but Well.... At least sony saw that was awful and Fixed on Ps4 let's say that.

13 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Anyone saw he going more in depth about this? 

I'm defonately interested 

Hmm I wonder how he'd go about doing that. I couldn't run Mayo from my NA account while using UK account, much less earn trophies, so there must be a long method to doing so. 

1 hour ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Hmm I wonder how he'd go about doing that. I couldn't run Mayo from my NA account while using UK account, much less earn trophies, so there must be a long method to doing so. 

If it works and you just need to set it once or becomes a quick setup after a bunch of tries, i would be all in 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 2/25/2017 at 4:14 PM, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

About the PKG installer, don't worry about it. It's completely useless, dunno why Silica added that

Package Installer only works on firmwares < 3.18, on retail consoles, on IDU/Demo mode it works on every firmware, on DEX ??? you have a bubble for it lol oh and of cource it works on 3.60 f you patch the eboot, anyway even if it did work. it wouldn't be that big of a deal because it can only install "DRMFREE" content which is basically just some demos and apps no full gmae would ever install via pkg installer and even if one did, it wouldn't run anyway. . .

On 2/25/2017 at 10:38 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Anyway... to sum it up, this is just simplistic way of reformatting Vita + card to switch primary account using 3rd party application, right?

Well... I guess that could be called the first step but... it's actually something that's been possible since the start, albeit complicated as hell.

Do correct me if I'm wrong. 

No. thats not how it works at all, it works by tricking the vita into thinking youve never signed into an account before, thus letting you change the account that your vita is "assigned to" however for some reason doing this wont update ux0:id.dat which is kinda annoying because it means you have to switch back to your main or else it will tell you to format your card because your on the wrong account... (or if u dont wanna format, restore system and sign into your main the old way.)

On 2/26/2017 at 0:31 AM, Thruygie said:

Anyone saw he going more in depth about this? 

I'm defonately interested 

Ok here it goes!

How to sync trophies:

0. Activate the system on the account that owns the trophies

1. Sign into your MAIN Account

2. Goto PSN Settings and tap "Sign Out" and then "Sign In"

3. After that open the Trophies app

4. Now switch to the account that owns the trophies

5. DO NOT DO THE SIGN-OUT SIGN-IN THING

6. Just open trophies it will do the whole "restoring trophies" thing and load the trophies for that account

7. Click the 3 Dots and select "Sync with server" all trophies that have NOT been synced before will be added to ur MAIN acc

9. Switch back to main and check trophies 

d-did that make sense?

Im SilicaAndPina. btw.

Edited by EareosMineCraft
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, EareosMineCraft said:

0. Activate the system on the account that owns the trophies

1. Sign into your MAIN Account

2. Goto PSN Settings and tap "Sign Out" and then "Sign In"

3. After that open the Trophies app

4. Now switch to the account that owns the trophies

5. DO NOT DO THE SIGN-OUT SIGN-IN THING

6. Just open trophies it will do the whole "restoring trophies" thing and load the trophies for that account

7. Click the 3 Dots and select "Sync with server" all trophies that have NOT been synced before will be added to ur MAIN acc

9. Switch back to main and check trophies 

Why do I feel people are going to end up with missing timestamps like this? xD 

4 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Why do I feel people are going to end up with missing timestamps like this? xD 

It should have whatever the psvita's 'real' clock was set to at the time of earning the trophy  as timestamp like it allways does.

i dont see how it could mess with timestamps or any other .TRP data..

since its not actually modifying any TRP files . . .

On 2/25/2017 at 10:38 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Silica-taaaaaaan!

SAO_Silica1.jpg

Now you guys see why Silica-tan is the best girl :awesome:

also yes silica is best girl ^_^

Edited by EareosMineCraft

I specifically set up an American account despite being European because I wanted access to some of the PSOne classics that weren't in Europe at the time, the most obvious of these being Chrono Trigger. I'd never played it before so having it on my Vita was a great thing. As for Spyro and Crash, I never much liked the Spyro games and the Crash PS4 trilogy has made the Crash games before it largely redundant now I feel... so I'm glad for the decision I made.

I almost never buy digital games as I don't trust them, I've so far spent less than £25 in PSOne classics and even then that's begrudgingly. I don't have a US credit card, so I can't have my bank details stolen this time; instead I have to buy pre-paid PSN cards in USA and use them to top up my account. I have friends in USA who can buy them for me so that's not a problem... I'm very glad for Limited Run though, as they've made it so much easier for me to play games on Vita, and I miss out on very little that I'm genuinely interested in thanks to them.