game freezes at startup

Taliesin_2943

i excitedly put my brand new copy into my ps4 dwnloaded the godies and the patch eagerly turned the game on and it freezes without fail at the gorrila games logo and never does anything and when i quite out i get error messages and asked if i wanna report it so any ideas ive tried turning the system on and off ive tried al i know how all my other games work just fine

From what I can tell either the disc you brought is faulty or your PS4 is on the way of dying.

Try deleting all files, save,application, everything. That's the way I usually fix a game that freezes/doesn't work properly.

Keep me updated on whats going on and I'll try and help. 

I'm not sure what time it is there, but get down to the game store you brought the game from and replace the game as soon as you can.

Like I said their might be a scratch on the disc that you can not see. 

This happened to me when I brought a PS3 game online, it arrived, no scratches but the game would just freeze up randomly. 

So get there as soon as possible. 

31 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

i excitedly put my brand new copy into my ps4 dwnloaded the godies and the patch eagerly turned the game on and it freezes without fail at the gorrila games logo and never does anything and when i quite out i get error messages and asked if i wanna report it so any ideas ive tried turning the system on and off ive tried al i know how all my other games work just fine

Rebuild the Database. Don't worry, it won't delete anything. 

it could be the hard drive itself involved with the game's patch, happen to me on the ps3 with a game called sonic and Sega all star racing, used to play it online like if there's no tomorrow, until I upgraded the 160GB HDD to 500GB, now the disc won't work unless I delete the patch, and when I do, the single player mode will work but the online mode won't unless I patched the game.

well after 2 weeks of trying everything and replacing both console and game   game 4 times console once this game still refuses to play past the guerrilla logo at the start up and guerrilla games knows and is supposedly working on this issue because a small number of folks have reported this same issue

be great if instead of talking so much how awesome it is they keep us who cant even play more informed on the patch fix