DLC region-locked?

MoreTheVictim

I can't answer your question but, i'm sure you could get around this by simply opening a PSN account in the respective region to purchase the DLC with an alternate account. Once it's on your PS3, you should be able to use it from any other local profiles on the machine.

dlc for some games is region locked but thats when you try use american stuff on a european account.

Seeing that you are from holland,uk is the same euro zone so its not a problem.unless you want to use it on a usa/jap account

pretty much all the games i bought online came from UK and never had a problem

Edited by tw34kfr34ky

DLC is region locked, I haven't found one PAL game to accept US DLC or vice versa... for this specific game I'd say go with the copy's region to be on the safe side.

PAL region - UK, NZ, AU, etc but I do believe some German games may fall into their own catergory here.

US/Canada - Some games created for Hong Kong/Asian English versions require a US account.

Japan

And of course PSN codes are region locked they're each designed with a specific "currency" on them.

Edited by Kyouko_Sakura

dlc for some games is region locked but thats when you try use american stuff on a european account.

Seeing that you are from holland,uk is the same euro zone so its not a problem.unless you want to use it on a usa/jap account

pretty much all the games i bought online came from UK and never had a problem

Not strictly true, although its usually the case some times the UK and Euro editions are different and can have issues with DLC. Modnation Racers falls into this category.

Put it this way if you're importing create an account of that region and use that to purchase DLC through or go the safe route and create a US, UK and only if you import from Japan a Japanese account this way you're covered for DLC as well as having the opportunity of buying games unavailable in your region or at lower prices.

It is better to play it safe than buy DLC and have it not work.

• Like 2

Put it this way if you're importing create an account of that region and use that to purchase DLC through or go the safe route and create a US, UK and only if you import from Japan a Japanese account this way you're covered for DLC as well as having the opportunity of buying games unavailable in your region or at lower prices.

That's a very good tip indeed. Thank you for that. I only have to figure out if I can pay with a creditcard.

This is what I was trying to say, haha. I just couldn't articulate it properly. Edited by bmj14772