Trophy Glitch - Head shot 30 human enemies - help?

skzypmd

I tweeted  Guerrilla Games about the potential trophy glitch and obviously haven't heard back. I tried searching online and can't seem to find but one other post somewhere else about someone having issues with this trophy. They had said the counter was off in the game and that the trophy did eventually pop for them but not until much later. So far for me it says I have 105 human kills with 42 of those being head shots. Still no trophy for me. I've closed the application and reloading it with no change. Has anyone else noticed when it does pop, have also had trouble, know of a solution? I'm really enjoying the game and have every intention of getting the platinum. Just need a little help on this one. Thanks! 

35 minutes ago, Splathew said:

Both this and the get 10 Vulnerable machine fire or freeze kills took longer then they should of but did pop. Just give it time...

Oh thank goodness. I appreciate your comment and the reassurance. At least I won't be stressing about that anymore. It's such a great game. Thanks again! 

Yeah there's definitely something wrong with the head shot count.

All human kills count as head shots in my game. But It did finally pop somewhere in the 40's.

The 10 Vulnerable is just worded weirdly. They Must die while the status is in effect, but is it also by the effect.

I'm not convinced that the in game counter is for headshot kills. Some of the humans wearing masks/helmets can take a shot without dying immediately (it does deal more damage than say a body shot, but it doesn't kill them and you do not receive the on screen exp notification for a headshot kill). If the stats page is showing total headshots, while the trophy asks for kills, this could explain why the trophy appears not to pop at the correct time.

Unfortunately, I did not look at the stats page when the trophy popped for me, so I don't know if it popped "late". However, I can say it did pop so keep going, take out a few more enemies and I hope the trophy pops for you.

As for the vulnerable machine kills, I think this one takes a while because the elemental damage can kill an enemy, without the elemental effect acting on the enemy. The circle that appears above the enemy has to be filled for that elemental effect to be applied. Once I realised this the trophy was easier to acquire.

4 hours ago, Captain Anura said:

I'm not convinced that the in game counter is for headshot kills. Some of the humans wearing masks/helmets can take a shot without dying immediately (it does deal more damage than say a body shot, but it doesn't kill them and you do not receive the on screen exp notification for a headshot kill). If the stats page is showing total headshots, while the trophy asks for kills, this could explain why the trophy appears not to pop at the correct time.

Unfortunately, I did not look at the stats page when the trophy popped for me, so I don't know if it popped "late". However, I can say it did pop so keep going, take out a few more enemies and I hope the trophy pops for you.

As for the vulnerable machine kills, I think this one takes a while because the elemental damage can kill an enemy, without the elemental effect acting on the enemy. The circle that appears above the enemy has to be filled for that elemental effect to be applied. Once I realised this the trophy was easier to acquire.

I think you're on to something with the heavies not dying from single headshots. Both of these popped past their point for me but just to be sure use the heavy bow for mostly 1 hit headshot kills (you need to get that 25 bonus) and the easiest way for elementals is fire spamming the Glinthawks and if you're going for the platinum you'll run into thousands of them. just burn them al let the fire get the kill once their health is low

14 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

I think you're on to something with the heavies not dying from single headshots. Both of these popped past their point for me but just to be sure use the heavy bow for mostly 1 hit headshot kills (you need to get that 25 bonus) and the easiest way for elementals is fire spamming the Glinthawks and if you're going for the platinum you'll run into thousands of them. just burn them al let the fire get the kill once their health is low

Scrapers are easier imo. Glinthawks are one of the most annoying enemies in the game for me. Scrapers die like nothing too once you get a decent weapon, which shouldn't take that long.

3 minutes ago, HuskiesSymphony said:

Does anyone know if the patch they did today was supposed to fix that bug? As others have said, the headshot trophy did pop eventually, but it did take way over the required number of kills to unlock it.

The patch notes say Multiple crash and progression fixes.

I don't know if that is what they mean by progression fixes or not.

I was at 37 headshots when my trophy unlocked (first bandit camp you run into with Nil, I think his name is). Funny thing is, I had 2 more total human kills than headshots by the time I reached 37 headshots (39 total human kills), which I know is nonsense, since I certainly didn't kill nearly every enemy with a headshot. So yeah... the stat is either borked, or something is screwy with the way it and the trophy calculates what constitutes a "headshot".

I think the theory someone else proposed about how some hits to the head aren't OHKO, which can screw up the stats in regards to the trophy is pretty sound. I remember a couple of those guys at the very first encounter wouldn't go down with a single shot, so that might have inflated it a little (I just never bothered to check). But yeah... screwy trophy.

1 hour ago, sephirothdude said:

Is there a way of viewing how many headshot you've done ? Does the game have like a stats page or something?

:EDIT: Never mind found it.

I think there's no way, i got the trophy after 30 human headshots :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Got the plat, so yes. First thing I did in the desert area was fight one and it was easy. They are far less annoying than Glinthawks imo.

Flame arrows make Glinthawks a walk in the park.

• 2 weeks later...

The statistics page tracks all headshots, incuding non-fatal headshots on elite human targets.  The trophy only counts headshots that kill the target.  Same thing with vulnerable kills.  The machine has to die while the flame or ice icon is present.  If you shoot/melee a burning/freezing machine and it dies by other means (exploding chillwater/blaze canister, component loss, etc) it does not count.

Basically, when a machine gets down to a sliver of health, just let it burn/frost.  And then hit it with more fire/freeze arrows (body shots) until it dies.