2/10 or 5/10 for real ?

3 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

How else would you want to describe the moves?

Drawing the circle move is both inefficient and can easily be misinterpreted

dude, back in 99 we had this and with 5 years old I could read it with no problems (and defeat Vanilla Ice)

that was the popular way for many years.

7WhUAXs.jpg

what drives me insane is that every damn guide assume that you already know how to read the combos.

adding a little link to a place with instructions don't hurt anybody, does it? the notation system is NOT intuitive, unlike the circles.

Just now, Chunchunmaru said:

7WhUAXs.jpg

You still have A there :awesome:

Sure, I agree that this is the ideal way.

But... look at it from writer's perspective.

Would you want to draw this instead of simply writing 236 + A, 214 + A? =D

2 minutes ago, Chunchunmaru said:

what drives me insane is that every damn guide assume that you already know how to read the combos.

adding a little link to a place with instructions don't hurt anybody, does it? the notation system is NOT intuitive, unlike the circles.

That's something I definitely agree with.

Some guides actually do it.

But it's not that hard to find it :D

11 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

You still have A there :awesome:

the ABCD thing doesn't bother me, though I'd love to see a setting for showing :cross::circle::square::triangle: instead.

11 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Would you want to draw this instead of simply writing 236 + A, 214 + A? =D

Yeah.

Some guides actually do it.

But it's not that hard to find it :D

Then I had a really bad luck, all these years.

Edited by Chunchunmaru

On 3/17/2017 at 7:25 PM, becmart said:

well, look at the numpad keys, now the arrows tell u what is the number, for example the 4 have the backward arrow in it, the 6 have the frontward arrow....so the 63214 is a full  way from the front to the back it's the reverse U , just look the numpad

What does that even mean? "C"? I could do this easy if I knew what the hell the controls they told me where, cause right now I just press random buttons hoping I win

23 minutes ago, PaperMonkeyBoy said:

What does that even mean? "C"? I could do this easy if I knew what the hell the controls they told me where, cause right now I just press random buttons hoping I win

Universal sytem, C=Circle on default. As said before, some people change their button map, and button symbols are different on each system. So, as a universal system, we use abcd to map button, its actually easy to learn, numbers are like phone buttons but reverse, 1 means bottom left. And abcd on default is starting from left with A, top as b,right c and bottom d, pretty simple on default actually.

I have no problem with fighting games putting in ABCD or j.LP, MP or w/e, but when I look for help on combos online and see people using 12345 and so on in place of directions  it becomes a pain in the ass to read. I get that there's no native direction buttons to put in plain text, but it's just awful to read on a visual level

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BrutalLooter said:

Universal sytem, C=Circle on default. As said before, some people change their button map, and button symbols are different on each system. So, as a universal system, we use abcd to map button, its actually easy to learn, numbers are like phone buttons but reverse, 1 means bottom left. And abcd on default is starting from left with A, top as b,right c and bottom d, pretty simple on default actually.

Ah, and I assume the arrows pointing bottom left are analog movement, right?

47 minutes ago, PaperMonkeyBoy said:

Ah, and I assume the arrows pointing bottom left are analog movement, right?

You can use analog sticks but not necessary, hitting left and bottom on d-pad at the same time does the same effect, i dont recommend using analog controls on any fighting game but might make things easier on that particular combo trophies. I used them sometimes but while playing normally(not focusing on combos) i never use sticks.

Edited by BrutalLooter

• 3 weeks later...

This game is definitely a 6/10 in difficulty at the very minimum for me, ofc I'm playing the western, digital patched version.  And I was thinking this would be an easy platinum, lol... I hate misleading guides even if that wasn't the intention of the creator.

2 trophies left, yuzuriha&byakuya 30/90 hit trophies, I'm considering leaving this at 95%.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 18.03.2017 at 2:55 AM, becmart said:

well, tomorrow i'll star with the large chain character combos, i have tried the waldstein, is near impossible to connect the moves

This trophy is actually one of the easiest. Just choose Waldstein as your opponent in training mode as he's the biggest character, thus easier to hit. Get your opponent to the edge of the screen and attack him only with triangle + circle buttons (B+C). You'll do a juggle attack. Keep doing that until you get 20 hits. It will take a couple tries to get the rhythm right but you'll do it eventually. Just remember to attack a little bit earlier to hit second Waldstein. If you have problem with this attack, you can always make a "hot key" in the control menus - I've set up R2 button to make triangle + circle attack. Good luck.

Edited by The-Smiths-85
added "hot key" tip :)

On 18.03.2017 at 1:43 PM, Machias said:

the ABCD thing doesn't bother me, though I'd love to see a setting for showing :cross::circle::square::triangle: instead.

Yeah.

Then I had a really bad luck, all these years.

The button configuration and introduction to fighting system will be shown in Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late[st] version. This means that they know about their mistake and they decided to improve that part.