2/10 or 5/10 for real ?

Those combo and damage trophies are really hard for someone who are not familiar with 2d fighting games. Its already hard to do 1-3-7-9 movements in this game. Doing combos ? Even if guide tells you to repeat same combo to do 70-90 hit combos, how to chain those moves ? Even if i turn off training dummy recover, it recovers halfway in the air to spoil combo chains, just how is this game a 2/10 or a 5/10 ? (I love fighting games and play pretty good most of them)

Edited by BrutalLooter
  • Like 1

I'm stuck since, dunno, forever, on those combo challenges. Watched tons of videos but just can't chain them in any way possible.
I guess it's more like a 6/10 more than a 2/10 , indeed...

Also, i guess i'm bad at this, sadly.

Edited by NekoSama87

Only one or two combos should give any reasonable trouble, and even then as someone who isn't 'great' at fighting games nothing took me longer than 20 mins at the most. The most annoying one was the Samurai lady's combo, which annoyed me until I just mixed it up a bit and got it straight away. 2/10 difficulty is probably a stretch but this was one of my easiest plats and (other than maybe the PS3 JoJo game) the easiest fighting game to plat I've played myself.

12 minutes ago, SkyMason said:

Only one or two combos should give any reasonable trouble, and even then as someone who isn't 'great' at fighting games nothing took me longer than 20 mins at the most. The most annoying one was the Samurai lady's combo, which annoyed me until I just mixed it up a bit and got it straight away. 2/10 difficulty is probably a stretch but this was one of my easiest plats and (other than maybe the PS3 JoJo game) the easiest fighting game to plat I've played myself.

I see Tekken TT2 on your backlog, i can say that it was a lot easier than this. I guess i'll just give up on this one.

Edit: You also have SCV which i also have platted, was also easier than this.

Edited by BrutalLooter

3 minutes ago, BrutalLooter said:

I see Tekken TT2 on your backlog, i can say that it was a lot easier than this. I guess i'll just give up on this one.

Edit: You also have SCV which i also have platted, was also easier than this.

I've 100%ed TT2 on my XBOX acc, which to be fair probs has more fighting games than my PSN. I actually found SCV really hard, which is why I gave up on it. The other fighting games on my account are waaaay more grindy or have trials like SFIV, which is impossible for me to do.

7 minutes ago, BrutalLooter said:

So, one more question, should i try those combos with d-pad or analog thumbsticks ?

yes, this was definitely not a 2/10, more like a 6 or 7/10 for me. Don't know how people can vote so low when it's clear that you need practice and it's above average difficulty (5/10), but still. I did all the combos with the d-pad, I can't play fighting games with thumbsticks. My advise is to keep trying, you'll get it. If I could I'm sure you can too. Also, it's a great game, one of my favourite fighters :)

Edited by Carlver

5 minutes ago, Carlver said:

yes, this was definitely not a 2/10, more like a 6 or 7/10 for me. Don't know how people can vote so low when it's clear that you need practice and it's above average difficulty (5/10), but still. I did all the combos with the d-pad, I can't play fighting games with thumbsticks. My advise is to keep trying, you'll get it. If I could I'm sure you can too. Also, it's a great game, one of my favourite fighters :)

I agree that it's a great game and i myself never use thumbsticks on fighters too but those 236 or 214 combos are pretty hard on d-pad.

3 minutes ago, BrutalLooter said:

I agree that it's a great game and i myself never use thumbsticks on fighters too but those 236 or 214 combos are pretty hard on d-pad.

I'm sure you have heard this a lot of time, but, really, practice makes perfect. It took me a long time to get them (I was very bad). Just take breaks when you need it, you'll do much better when you have rested. Also go to do dustloop, a very good fighting games forums, there's a lot of good info there, really helped me. Good luck, and don't forget to have fun playing :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carlver said:

I'm sure you have heard this a lot of time, but, really, practice makes perfect. It took me a long time to get them (I was very bad). Just take breaks when you need it, you'll do much better when you have rested. Also go to do dustloop, a very good fighting games forums, there's a lot of good info there, really helped me. Good luck, and don't forget to have fun playing :)

Okay, that motivated me, thanks, I'LL JUST DO IT. And thanks for the information:)

• Like 2

I agree, the plat for this game is not a 2/10, it is a 4/10 at the most

Yuzuriha and Byaku's combos are the most difficult ones, but even those two are fairly doable for the average player. The combos on the guide are not mandatory there is always an alternate metod for every character

Edited by dragonzombie1

2/10 is from PST.org, right?

Setsuna is an accustomed fighting games player and the guide is for original Japanese version (as Rob already said).

The rating we have here is more close to the truth. 

And add coefficient of fighting games proficiency to that. 

That can lower or raise the difficulty rating.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

2/10 is from PST.org, right?

Setsuna is an accustomed fighting games player and the guide is for original Japanese version (as Rob already said).

The rating we have here is more close to the truth. 

And add coefficient of fighting games proficiency to that. 

That can lower or raise the difficulty rating.

Yeah the guide is not up to date. So don´t get fooled by it. Apperently the patches made it harder

So, i earned every chacter's trophy except for BYAKUKA, and it simply seems impossible, the most i managed to do is 77 and any further seems impossible for me.

Edit: I just did 89/90, just kill me.

Edit 2: Aaaand finally did 92, now got all the hard trophies, thanks all who motivated me to do that<3

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE, JUST DO IT, DOOOOO IT.

Edited by BrutalLooter
  • Like 3

I advise everyone who is currently trying the combo trophies is to read ps3 imports.com and write down notes on what the combo says, also learn the advanced fighting commands if you don't play much fighting games, and also watch videos of the specific character you're having trouble with and see the parts on paper by following it. It will take lots of attempts to get these down especially timing where you really need to know the timing in order to unlock the trophies. 

Overall, if you can follow of whatever guide you use that has combo explanation by taking notes,  set the controls you put out you're own or by default commands use a great controller that you can perform best(this when I recommend using Power-A controller since that controller is amazing when it comes to this in my opinion) , and follow the video just in case you don't know what it looks like, then it shouldn't be a problem other than with dedication. 

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

nothing more tedious than reading combo guides.

sure, for the fighting game lover are no big deal but for me, an average video game player, it's another language.

Yeah, the combo guide for some trophies are not so hard to accomplish, but then, I tried to do this one

Ez8L49n.png

and the method given is ↓↘→ + "C" 6 times. Well, that thing didn't work. I don't know if it's because this version is patched or because I'm a fucking casual.

Then, I tried to search a video guide and I came across this video guide OH GOD LOOK AT THAT THING!

g2HfwSi.png

HOW... HOW IN THE EARTH SHOULD I READ THAT!?

that's why I don't like so much fighting games. but this one is... good. I liked it.

4 minutes ago, Chunchunmaru said:

nothing more tedious than reading combo guides.

sure, for the fighting game lover are no big deal but for me, an average video game player, it's another language.

Yeah, the combo guide for some trophies are not so hard to accomplish, but then, I tried to do this one

Ez8L49n.png

and the method given is ↓↘→ + "C" 6 times. Well, that thing didn't work. I don't know if it's because this version is patched or because I'm a fucking casual.

Then, I tried to search a video guide and I came across this video guide OH GOD LOOK AT THAT THING!

g2HfwSi.png

that's why I don't like so much fighting games. but this one is... good. I liked it.

well, look at the numpad keys, now the arrows tell u what is the number, for example the 4 have the backward arrow in it, the 6 have the frontward arrow....so the 63214 is a full  way from the front to the back it's the reverse U , just look the numpad

• Like 1

6 hours ago, becmart said:

well, tomorrow i'll star with the large chain character combos, i have tried the waldstein, is near impossible to connect the moves

Well, the night i opened this topic, i did all characters. Waldstein is one of the easiest to connect, actually Byakuya is really hard but take a look at the "combo challenges" topic there is a video that helped me to do it. 

6 hours ago, Chunchunmaru said:

http://fightpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Notation

How else would you want to describe the moves?

Drawing the circle move is both inefficient and can easily be misinterpreted (wrong drawing could easily mean both QC = quarter circle and HC = half circle)

And using ABCD is the universal way to denote action buttons. You can't really use hard mapping on :square::cross::circle::triangle: in case someone remapps their controls and still want to use the guide.

For any of you having trouble with the 70+ hit combo with Vatista here is a really helpful tip I found.

A very easy method use the left stick to walk towards your dummy The entire time with a finger or (try rubber band) then use your other finger for the directional pad tap back and circle after each animation quickly to spam the laser. Since you can use the sticks and the D pad simultaneously this cuts down on wasted Time for the charge and helps you keep the dummy in the air.

Credit fo DeadlyDakota for this method.

This trophy was giving me some trouble but I was able to do it on my first try with this method.

• Like 2