Uncharted 3 online pass

The game's been out for 5 years. I wouldn't be surprised if the code is expired. Just buy one from the PlayStation®Store. The online pass is only $9.99.

EDIT: Not all codes list an expiry date. It's a shitty practice but you must always approach codes with a certain level of skepticism, especially with games as old as Uncharted 3.

Edited by Nishikino Maki
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

I thought the online pass were not needed anymore?

All games that required an online pass still require them but some publishers decided to give them out for free after discontinuing this practice (AFAIK Ubisoft and EA) whereas others still charge for them (Codemasters and Sony come to my mind).

1 hour ago, Meepy- said:

I'd take online passes over needing PS+ to play online any day.

But just think how many passes you would need if you didn't buy the game brand new, I usually wait for games to become cheaper then get them. So for me it'd be outrageous. 

At least it's not a rhetorical question, PS Plus is the reality. :P 

2 hours ago, Meepy- said:

I'd take online passes over needing PS+ to play online any day.

i'm not someone that plays online a lot, but since all online passes were charged 9,99; it means that basically if in a year you want to play more than 5 game online, you'll pay more with online passes.

Without the free games.

How crazy is it to prefere online passes? :/

On 16/03/2017 at 3:37 AM, watermade said:

The Original online pass of a original game is not being acept it says its not actualised... or is just a way to make ppl buy another one?! i certently dont... 

21 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

You need the code to play online for it, I think PsStore has it for 9.99. Did you buy it used? 

Brand new thats why i think this is shit atitude from their part

19 hours ago, dmsleight said:

contact sony.  An ethical business would replace your codes with working ones.

Can you provide any link so i can share this issue with them. Not looking to pay for them resolving an issue of the game they sell, even if its not the latest one.

20 hours ago, Nishikino Maki said:

The game's been out for 5 years. I wouldn't be surprised if the code is expired. Just buy one from the PlayStation®Store. The online pass is only $9.99.

EDIT: Not all codes list an expiry date. It's a shitty practice but you must always approach codes with a certain level of skepticism, especially with games as old as Uncharted 3.

never payed to online passes and dont intend to do it now, so this one may had an expiricy date... I dont belive there are ppl buying a game playing it for some time them pay for playing it again?! lol This is treating costumers as morons, they loose more than gain on the long run imo

You don't need the online pass to play this game online.  The multiplayer portion of the game is available for free.

Edit: (at least if you buy the digital version, I don't want to say for certain it applies to the disc version)

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 1

I always buy my games new, so I don't mind online passes at all. i'd rather have an online pass than forced PS Plus anyday.

That said you don't need to have an online pass to get the MP trophies. A free to play version of the UC3 multi-player was released, just play that. It shares the trophy list with the main game.

2 hours ago, watermade said:

Can you provide any link so i can share this issue with them. Not looking to pay for them resolving an issue of the game they sell, even if its not the latest one.

never payed to online passes and dont intend to do it now, so this one may had an expiricy date... I dont belive there are ppl buying a game playing it for some time them pay for playing it again?! lol This is treating costumers as morons, they loose more than gain on the long run imo

How is this treating customers like morons? You bought the game 5 years late. Don't blame Sony for the code not working.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, watermade said:

Just google their customer support #.

1 minute ago, Nishikino Maki said:

How is this treating customers like morons? You bought the game 5 years late. Don't blame Sony for the code not working.

Mindless Sony drone.  Sony is good!  Sony is great!  I surrender my will, as of this date!

10 minutes ago, dmsleight said:

Just google their customer support #.

Mindless Sony drone.  Sony is good!  Sony is great!  I surrender my will, as of this date!

Hilarious. I'm not a mindless drone. I have called Sony out on bullshit numerous times in the past. Buying a game five or more years late and expecting the online pass to work is ridiculous. You cannot blame the publisher/developer for your failure to realize that it most likely would not work. This goes for ALL games, not just Sony games.

So how about you use your brain before insulting somebody next time, k?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Nishikino Maki said:

Hilarious. I'm not a mindless drone. I have called Sony out on bullshit numerous times in the past. Buying a game five or more years late and expecting the online pass to work is ridiculous. You cannot blame the publisher/developer for your failure to realize that it most likely would not work. This goes for ALL games, not just Sony games.

The thing is, even if the code no longer works, it's still bullshit to have to pay extra for a working one, when every company besides Sony have made all of their online passes available for free. I think the only exception is the AC Revelations pass, but that isn't a traditional online pass anyway, it's a Uplay thing instead of PSN.

Edited by madbuk

9 minutes ago, madbuk said:

The thing is, even if the code no longer works, it's still bullshit to have to pay extra for a working one, when every company besides Sony have made all of their online passes available for free. I think the only exception is the AC Revelations pass, but that isn't a traditional season pass anyway, it's a Uplay thing instead of PSN.

I never said Sony was in the right for not making it free, but it is their prerogative to not do so. That said, all their exclusives are available to download as far as I know, and the ones with multiplayer do not require one, so that point is essentially moot.

4 hours ago, Nishikino Maki said:

People who think that a company is above ethical business practices isn't using their brain.  People should expect a company to follow through on its obligations.  Companies that don't, should be punished or out of business.  Defending malpractice and blaming customers for a companies malpractice is drone-ish.  Corporations love their drones, I mean 'customers' defending their deplorable practices.  Their money and power gives them sway over governments, and sheep mentality gives them power of people's brains.  The rich get richer and the sheep get abused yet ask for more.  Corporatism is despotism, only much sadder, because a they (the masses) surrender of their own free will. For despots, they have to assert their authority, or hire them, force them, torture them, 'reeducate them' etc to get them to do their bidding.

3 hours ago, dmsleight said:

Snip

First of all, I did NOT say Sony was above ethical business practices. Do not put words in my mouth that I did not say. Secondly, you clearly ignored everything I wrote, because I clearly said I have called them out numerous times. But arguing with you is pointless, so I bid you good day.

Edited by Nishikino Maki

9 hours ago, Nishikino Maki said:

You bought the game 5 years late. Don't blame Sony for the code not working.

That's the customer fault????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sony has no blame????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You in fact defended Sony for corrupt business practices.

4 hours ago, dmsleight said:

Defending malpractice and blaming customers for a companies malpractice is drone-ish.

Good day.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just recently bought a second hand copy of the game in a gaming store

It still had the voucher inside with the code for the online pass

I entered the numbers and padaboom! It still worked, it had not been redeemed yet

Lucky strike on my side. So I don't think codesfor online passes have an expiry date.

There was another code on a voucher inside the games' box, for a free digital edition of Terminator Salvation. I already have this game plat, so I don't intend to play it again for fun, as it isn't a very good game, but it is an interesting game for trophy hunters, coz it is easy, short and all gold trophies if I remember right. So, first come first serve (if the code still works), give this a try and let me know if it still worked:

J659-K4NL-G47P

• 2 months later...
On 5/24/2017 at 8:31 AM, second_god said:

J659-K4NL-G47P

I know this is old thread but curiosity took over and I tried the code. It seems to work but the only problem is, what region is it? I have NA account and I couldn't redeem cause of region. Thank you in Advance