Platinum Possibility 2017?

Nikola

Lately I've felt very drawn to franchises that I would have never of played. Especially the Twisted Metal Franchise, the longest running PlayStation exclusive. There's so much to love about it.

I'm debating whether or not I should get this game, the online is basically dead and could possibly be a problem. I've heard many stories and seen some videos of how the dedicated fan base dislikes boosters to the point of legitimate hate.

But it's 2017 and you could say now is the best time since there's no people playing and I know it can be all be done with with 2 other people who have 2 controllers. But there's also a possibility of server closure and considering this game has barely a cult following it could be closed possibly without warning.

Im going to be working on the LittleBigPlanet games and Red Dead Redemption online which could take me about a month or two from now. 3 months tops.

So tell me community, should I do it? 

Edited by nikstan305

2 hours ago, nikstan305 said:

Lately I've felt very drawn to franchises that I would have never of played. Especially the Twisted Metal Franchise, the longest running PlayStation exclusive. There's so much to love about it.

I'm debating whether or not I should get this game, the online is basically dead and could possibly be a problem. I've heard many stories and seen some videos of how the dedicated fan base dislikes boosters to the point of legitimate hate.

But it's 2017 and you could say now is the best time since there's no people playing and I know it can be all be done with with 2 other people who have 2 controllers. But there's also a possibility of server closure and considering this game has barely a cult following it could be closed possibly without warning.

Im going to be working on the LittleBigPlanet games and Red Dead Redemption online which could take me about a month or two from now. 3 months tops.

So tell me community, should I do it? 

Go for it and do it ASAP. A nice UR plat to have. If I had access to my PS3 anytime soon, I would do it. I basically already did all the single player trophies

Edited by skateak
  • Like 2

I'm most likely going for the platinum as well. I've spoken to some friends of mine and one of them is down for it. The other one still has his doubts. I'm curious how the servers are though. I've heard stories where progress didn't save at all and the servers where horrible in general. Let me know if you're down for this platinum. We could form a team and hunt down this platinum all together.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Floriiss said:

I'm most likely going for the platinum as well. I've spoken to some friends of mine and one of them is down for it. The other one still has his doubts. I'm curious how the servers are though. I've heard stories where progress didn't save at all and the servers where horrible in general. Let me know if you're down for this platinum. We could form a team and hunt down this platinum all together.

I'll add you on PSN. I'm already working on LittleBigPlanet and Red Dead Redemption online trophies at the moment. So I should be starting 1 or 2 months from now.

4 hours ago, nikstan305 said:

I'll add you on PSN. I'm already working on LittleBigPlanet and Red Dead Redemption online trophies at the moment. So I should be starting 1 or 2 months from now.

Sounds good. In the meantime I'll try to find some more information about the servers and best way to tackle trophies :)

• Like 1

Don't go for it, it's not worth it, one trophy requires you to win a ranked match everyday for a month, other than that the game modes, kind of rockets, cars, it's complicated, there are endless amount of other games to play during all this time you're boosting, plus randoms are annoying as fuck, you're worried about servers but you won't be done before at least a month.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

Don't go for it, it's not worth it, one trophy requires you to win a ranked match everyday for a month, other than that the game modes, kind of rockets, cars, it's complicated, there are endless amount of other games to play during all this time you're boosting, plus randoms are annoying as fuck, you're worried about servers but you won't be done before at least a month.

According to the guide on this site there's an easy solution for that trophy.

"This trophy can be very daunting, but luckily, you can manipulate the PS3 clock to make the days go by faster. Instead of logging onto the game and playing and winning a ranked game everyday for 30 days in a row, just win a game, then change the PS3 clock to the next day."

2 hours ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

You do have a good point, but I'll most likely hate myself worse if I don't play it.

Also about the trophy that requires you to win one match every day for month. You can change the PS3 clock manually and boost this trophy easily. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Floriiss said:

According to the guide on this site there's an easy solution for that trophy.

"This trophy can be very daunting, but luckily, you can manipulate the PS3 clock to make the days go by faster. Instead of logging onto the game and playing and winning a ranked game everyday for 30 days in a row, just win a game, then change the PS3 clock to the next day."

Hmmmm thanks for the info, it made the tediousness much lesser, well then good luck for Nikstan if he decided to go for it 

Just now, nikstan305 said:

You do have a good point, but I'll most likely hate myself worse if I don't play it.

Also about the trophy that requires you to win one match every day for month. You can change the PS3 clock manually and boost this trophy easily. 

Yeah if you really love that game then go for it and good luck :) and if the servers are empty as you say then this is a huge plus because a year ago me and my friend used to suffer from randoms 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

Yeah if you really love that game then go for it and good luck :) and if the servers are empty as you say then this is a huge plus because a year ago me and my friend used to suffer from randoms 

The cult players are cancer in this game compared to most online games. 

Edited by nikstan305

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently boosting this game... I´m from Portugal and it's true the servers are the worst, but with dedicated players it's a very doable and we may consider a quick platinum.

The 30 day winning it's easy... you can do it altering the clock of PS3, I did it that way.

The other trophies are very easy. The best way is to upload the save data to the cloud and erase it from the ps3 memory. After that we help one of the players to get the plat, he has to win every multiplayer trophies before anyone else, after he wins the plat we choose the next one to win it, and so on...

This is the best method, I was trying the method where is one match per player and no trophy popped for me, with this method I won 2 or 3 trophies. The problem is that my friends after the plat they left the game :(.

So I'm very very close to the plat... If you want add me: Bjparcos

I'll help out everyone  :)

• Like 1

This is next on my list after get through the grind of 007 Legends & Goldeneye Reloaded.

I really want this Platinum & I'm hoping to get it, it can't be worse than the above or LBP Karting.. can it? ?

Edited by Adycakes
Duplicated post
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Adycakes said:

This is next on my list after get through the grind of 007 Legends & Goldeneye Reloaded.

I really want this Platinum & I'm hoping to get it, it can't be worse than the above or LBP Karting.. can it? 1f602.png

It's not worse... The hardest trophies are the single player. Multiplayer with coordination and commitment they are very easy to do :D

On 26/03/2017 at 9:53 PM, Floriiss said:

Count me in buddy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bjparcos said:

I'm currently boosting this game... I´m from Portugal and it's true the servers are the worst, but with dedicated players it's a very doable and we may consider a quick platinum.

The 30 day winning it's easy... you can do it altering the clock of PS3, I did it that way.

The other trophies are very easy. The best way is to upload the save data to the cloud and erase it from the ps3 memory. After that we help one of the players to get the plat, he has to win every multiplayer trophies before anyone else, after he wins the plat we choose the next one to win it, and so on...

This is the best method, I was trying the method where is one match per player and no trophy popped for me, with this method I won 2 or 3 trophies. The problem is that my friends after the plat they left the game :(.

So I'm very very close to the plat... If you want add me: Bjparcos

I'll help out everyone  :)

How many hours does it take to boost all trophies for one player? Did you do it with 3x2 players?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bezenko said:

How many hours does it take to boost all trophies for one player? Did you do it with 3x2 players?

Honestly I don't remember how much time it took me to win the single player trophies, but I think it was quick, like 1  or 2 weeks.

The Multiplayer I was doing 3X2 yes.

• Like 1

I'm currently trying to platinum the LittleBigPlanet series and get the online trophies for Red Dead Redemption done. I should be done by the start of June if you guys still want to boost. I do feel like this is one of the games that will have their servers closed soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nikstan305 said:

I'm currently trying to platinum the LittleBigPlanet series and get the online trophies for Red Dead Redemption done. I should be done by the start of June if you guys still want to boost. I do feel like this is one of the games that will have their servers closed soon. 

How soon will the servers shut down do you think?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Adycakes said:

I really want this Platinum & I'm hoping to get it, it can't be worse than the above or LBP Karting.. can it? 1f602.png

LBP Karting was bad?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ryan32289 said:

How soon will the servers shut down do you think?

Most likely within 2 years from now. Especially since David Jaffe released Drawn to Death recently. If it's longer than that I wouldn't have a clue what they're doing as the servers are very laggy and nobody plays it these days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

LBP Karting was bad?

Yes at times, it has quite a few bugs (random disconnects, unable to accept invites, can't connect online on one console but the another can & occasional crashes) even though I was playing online with consoles inside the same house, on the same connection they would often fail to connect to each other. I can't imagine what it's like trying to connect to someone in a different country.

The single player is enjoyable for what it is, but I rushed through the online asap as I read that the servers were going to be closed down.  

• Like 1