Star Ocean Till the End of Time trophy discussion

Wasnt this on the ps2??

I played the ever living shit outta this game (along w dot hack vol 2 ~4)

Ill deffently get this again no questions asked.

Mainly cuz i -had- the collectors edition. That was sadly "barrow stollen" by a friend. Back in hs

Thou i finnished the game. Never did get to etheral queen climbing that seemingly never ending tower..

And outta all the s.o games this one was only one ive ever been any good at w the crafting system

Cant wait to have abel back in my party.

• 2 years later...
On 3/27/2017 at 9:14 PM, Orphioon said:

Aw only 80% battle trophies needed? trophies these days are so soft.

More like  the trophies are more convenient but still a challenge to the average player instead of needlessly time wasting because if you seen some of the battle trophies in this game, you will be thanking your lucky stars 100% isn't required.

Edited by HeroFangGhetz
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi, I've played the game ages ago so my memory is a bit foggy. Why the guide states that Crosell is the cutting point for the 7 ancient books quest if Mosel Underground can only be accessed later? Or at least I'm just before Crosell and I can't find a way to access the underground.

Update: Took me a while but I found a video showing that you need the Ring Of Disintegration, the linked walkthrough made it look like you gain access to the underground only after defeating the Stone Golem.

BTW. Navigating the underground, such an ignorant and frustrating trophy since you are force to complete it now.

Edited by Brightblade76

• 3 weeks later...

I've raised Fayt's defense to over 5000 (and also have a refined Blazing pendant) but still Ethereal Queen attacks on Galaxy can damage me, every single one of her attacks, so either I did something wrong or it's not entirely true that you can negate attacks from every super boss 🤔

Edit. Oh damn, it was due to berserk being activated, which lowers def by 30%.

Edited by Brightblade76

20 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

I've raised Fayt's defense to over 5000 (and also have a refined Blazing pendant) but still Ethereal Queen attacks on Galaxy can damage me, every single one of her attacks, so either I did something wrong or it's not entirely true that you can negate attacks from every super boss 🤔

Edit. Oh damn, it was due to berserk being activated, which lowers def by 30%.

Did the game get patched? I gave up before starting the extra dungeon because my game would crash every 5 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm missing just 18 battle trophies (to 80%, no way I'll aim at 100% lol), supposedly one of the easier ones still not unlocked is "kill Gabriel using symbology only" but I can't figure out how to prevent my char from continuously parrying his strings of attacks and interrupt the casting, it's quite annoying, I've selected the No Guard ability but either it's not the one I need or I'm missing something.

34 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

I'm missing just 18 battle trophies (to 80%, no way I'll aim at 100% lol), supposedly one of the easier ones still not unlocked is "kill Gabriel using symbology only" but I can't figure out how to prevent my char from continuously parrying his strings of attacks and interrupt the casting, it's quite annoying, I've selected the No Guard ability but either it's not the one I need or I'm missing something.

For these BT's you can use the AI to help and deal dmg, as long as you yourself only use symbology it will trigger, you need 50 casts minimum to trigger the BT tho.

Note: dealing damage with an AAA voids the BT, but you can use a pure stun AAA which also makes it safe for you to get a cast off

Edited by Sun_emperor1

On 11/13/2023 at 3:35 PM, Sun_emperor1 said:

For these BT's you can use the AI to help and deal dmg, as long as you yourself only use symbology it will trigger, you need 50 casts minimum to trigger the BT tho.

Note: dealing damage with an AAA voids the BT, but you can use a pure stun AAA which also makes it safe for you to get a cast off

Thanks, so far I've pulled off some of those wins by doing the 50 required types of attacks with my main char and then switched to one of the other two chars, which were dead, while the main char kept fighting as AI and killed the bosses, my problem with Gabriel is that his attacks are so relentless that I can't finish the casting with this strategy. Maybe I need the other chars to stay alive as a distraction while I cast the spells.

Update. Solved the problem by using the pure stun AAA on Gabriel, thought it could void the BT, thanks for suggesting that. 7 BTs to go.

Edited by Brightblade76

• 2 months later...

Done also with Universe playthrough. Quite a pain in the beginning and in some parts before unlocking item creation, but I was trying to rush it so I made things harder on myself. For the later parts I just made a laser weapon with 5x500ATK and 3x refined Boots of Prowess, equipping it alternately on Fayt and Cliff depending on which one between Side Kick or Hammer Of Might was required to defeat bosses/mini bosses and just retried fights until that one lucky run, since I was a glass cannon. The game crashed a few times here and there. I'm gonna take a break and then do one last push for the 4D run, not looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm workimg on 4d bit by bit and I'm having such an horrible gaming experience so far.  I made it to Becquerel mine at the miniboss before Demetrio, gotta love these fights with overpowered mobs, partners are useless, you get parried once and you end up in a slaughtering stinng of atracks with no escape that you know will end up in a game over. Luckily I don't have other BS like this in my backlog.

Just defeated Luther at 4D and now the credits roll. 

4D took me around 20h just like universe.

Imo the very beginning is the hardest and also the most important to set up for the rest of the run, like farming regenaration symbols in the aqueducts. Never had to worry about mp to heal for nel the entire run. (Actually spend 4h to farm these got unlucky with the drops so if rng was on my side 4d would be 17h)

Anyway i loved every minute and the challenge in higher difficulties. Was actually the first time I played this game ever. If you are reading this in the future and decided to pick this game up and are serious about the platinum feel free to ask me anything you want about the game. Just drop a message on PSN (not here). 

With that being said, I loved it and to travel the endless Star Ocean. Peace out. 😊

Edited by CoregBlue
  • Like 1