No Game No Life (A discussion about goals)

AdventjX

100% or Platinum : Mostly platinums, but I'm thinking of 100%-ing DriveClub

New Game Purchase List: Vampyr, Tales of Berseria and Pyre. This is not taking into account, E3 2017's announcements for 2017 releases.

Old Game Completion Checklist: It would be great to finish my PS3 collection. Maybe not platinum all of them, but enjoy all and squeeze as many trophies as I can, if there's difficult online trophies.

Miscellaneous Goals: 27 platinums before 2017 is over.

Multiplayer Game Checklist: I'd encourage folks to try out Binary Domain and Far Cry 4.

On March 31st, my trophy streak hit 600 consecutive days. I hope to continue it as long as possible. That's probably my biggest goal.

Each of the last two years, I've managed 51 plats during the year. I'd like to get 50+ this year as well.

Not really much else to say. There are no game-specific or genre-specific goals for me.

Edited by starcrunch061

3 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Shall we go to Norway? :awesome: 

4 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I somehow have to convince Sony so we can change regions of our accounts. The -de wouldn't make sense at all but it would give me a top spot in the Vita-leaderboard. Or maybe I should switch to the Czech Republic? :D

Haha, looks like I'm gonna get some more competition x3

100% or Platinum : Only Plats, of course if the game has some great DLC's or its very cheap i will pick it up. But most of them are just not worth the money imo.

New Game Purchase List: Bought Horizon Zero Dawn last month and borrow yakuza 0 from a friend, after i get this two done im looking forward to get nioh or nier.

Old Game Completion Checklist: A lot of games... Currently im workin on ps3 online trophies for games with a decent Singleplayer i havent finished yet.

Miscellaneous Goals: Stop Trophy hunting after i achieve my 100 plat, i'm gettin tired of hunting ^^

Multiplayer Game Checklist: If anyone out there wanna Boost army of two 40th day online trophies, send me a message.

100% or Platinum (priority): Platinum comes first than 100% Completion rate for my games. There might be some games in the future where they get DLC trophies but I have moved on from them and rather not bother to touch them again. Unless of course they have a lot of DLC trophies.

New Game Purchase List: I'll probably get Senran Kagura Beach Peach Splash. I do have Tales of Berseria, Nier Automata and Persona 5 to keep me company for a while.

Old Game Completion Checklist: Hmmm the only unmotivated game I have atm is Disgaea 5 but I might go back to that in the future. Who knows. My Toukiden Kiwami and God Eater 2: Rage Burst have been sitting there for a while. I'll check back with those if I get motivated again. (Or find a good party to carry me :ninja: )

Miscellaneous Goals: My goal for this year, which I know will be impossible, is to get 95%+ Completion rate and get to 100 plats by the end of the year. 

Multiplayer Game Checklist: Maybe I'll check on Smite sometime. It's a free game anyway but it's just so long to get that 100% on it. Like what I mentioned above, I have Toukiden Kiwami and God Eater 2: Rage Burst. In Kiwami, I just got lazy to continue it, maybe since I haven't advanced that far in the story and these games are fun to play with actual people. Then again I like the NPCs here unlike God Eater 2. OMG I just want that nightmare to end.  

Edited by Hertz

100% or Platinum (priority): Don't care if a game doesn't have a platinum and I have 100%ed more non-platinum games than I have platinums, but since I often don't buy DLC (so I could get the platinum but not the 100%), it all evens out.

New Game Purchase List: Already pre-ordered: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Full Throttle Remastered, Super Mario Odyssey. Will get eventually/soon: Horizon Zero Dawn, Yooka-Laylee (on the Switch).

Old Game Completion Checklist: See my full list in the "What The Hell Is That Still Doing There" Backlog Event. I'm not really a completionist but what deserves special mention is that I want the platinum in all main Assassin's Creed games (not 100% because I'm ignoring the multiplayer and I already have the standalone of Freedom Cry).

Miscellaneous Goals: I want to play more, buy less - I'm fighting a constant battle against my backlog, and it feels like I'm slowly winning this time around. Just bought a bunch of games in the past few weeks so now I'm done with buying again for a while. I want to get the list of bought games for both PS4 and PS3 in the single digits, and I want to try more of the PS+ games I'm getting. Full backlog list can be found here.

Multiplayer Game Checklist: I often just ignore multiplayer. When the news of The Ezio Collection was revealed, I decided to grind through the multiplayer in AC III and IV so I could get a platinum in all of the titles, finished the III MP about half a year ago and finished the MP for IV very recently. For now I still have Portal 2 and Burnout Paradise on my active multiplayer backlog list (Portal 2 connection seems to go wrong, and in Burnout I still need to get 8 players on bikes for long enough).

Edited by BillyHorrible

100% or Platinum: I have such a huge backlog so I've recently decided (motivated by the Casual Attack on Your Backlog event) that my priority this year is just playing the games rather than necessarily 100%/Platting them.  So at the moment I'm either aiming for story completion or reaching rank A if not a story driven game, I do though try and get as many miscellaneous trophies as I can along the way, e.g. switching to a different weapon type to get things like 'get x kills with y weapon'.

New Game Purchase List: Over the years I've preordered so many games then not got round to playing them that I could have saved a fortune waiting for them to halve in price, not to mention them being patched to make them better.  At present I only have one preorder, which is Detroit as I really enjoyed both Heavy Rain and Beyond, there are a few recent games that have got strong reviews so I want to get them at some point, but I will wait until they are cheap as I don't have time to play them yet.

Old Game Completion Checklist: Historically I've bought every game I've liked the sound of, either played them only for a few hours (I currently have 62 games at Rank E) or not at all (my unstarted list is well into triple digits!) so my main priority is clearing Rank Es, completing the stories and getting them up to Rank A.  If I really love a game I might push to platinum, but that's not my focus at the moment.

Miscellaneous Goals: I started the year at an average trophy rank of D, I'm nudging closer to Rank C and by the end of the year want to be at Rank A.

Multiplayer Game Checklist: I hate anything where you have to grind the multiplayer, I much prefer the games that give a trophy for trying out the multiplayer without needing you to play forever, so win x games rather than get to level x.  I really enjoy tower defence games but there's never anyone else playing them so I have found myself boosting with a second console, especially when it means getting the platinum.  Then of course there are the games that get turned off, I was fortunate to have got my trophies up to Rank A on Dead Star before the devs decided it was better to pocket the money Sony gave them to put it on PS+ rather than spend it on keeping the servers running.

100% or Platinum.  I'm fine with either one, though I will buy DLC if I'm liking something as I did with Skyrim and Sleeping Dogs and go for the 100% as well as the platinum, or at least rack up as many trophies as possible. My ultimate goal is to enjoy myself though, I'll stop short of either a platinum or 100% if I'm not having fun unless it's something I can do fairly quickly. 

New Game Purchase List: Currently none. Most of my games come from whatever's on offer on the PS Store or from my nearest store whenever I feel like buying something. I'll read some reviews and watch a couple of videos if I see something I like, that's about as much thought as I put into what games I buy. Obviously I have certain series and genres I prefer so that mostly helps me avoid anything I wouldn't like, in fact it's pretty rare for me to end up with something I don't like. 

Old Game Completion Checklist: I'm mostly okay with where everything is aside from a few trophies I want. The ICO platinum and Gran Turismo 6 100% are goals since I'm one trophy away from both. I don't want to spend too long on my old games though, I bought a PS4 I caught on offer at work and I'm getting more excited to get started. It's getting hard to stay disciplined and keep working on the PS3 games :lol:

Miscellaneous Goals: Completely by accident, all of my games are either A or S rank so I'd like to keep it that way. The exception is my one hidden game, The Last of Us which is condemned to stay there forever with one trophy and an F rank since I found it so boring. I only reached what I think was the halfway point but I might go back and give it another chance one day.

Edited by FarSideOfSaturn

100% or Platinum: Both unless it`s a Damn MMO then just Platinum. I buy DLC if there`s DLC Trophies in the game like LEGO Games for example or nice things like new Characters to the game, still I try to enjoy all the games I play.

New Game Purchase List: I Pre-Ordered Injustice 2 and I plan to Pre-Order Cyberdimension Neptunia and Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash. I do plan to import more japanese games like Infinite Stratos 2 and Date A Live. there`s also some older games on my wishlist that I buy if they are on offer on the PS Store or if I find them on a web store or gamestop.

Old Game Completion Checklist: My keikaku is to plat Steins;Gate, Atelier Rorona Plus, Tales of Symphonia and LEGO Worlds. I try to get all the plats in series I like(the only series at the moment I have all the plats in are Neptunia and Senran Kagura).

Miscellaneous Goals: my goals right now is that milestone 5,000th Trophy will be Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and the next Platinum milestone will be Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star.

Multiplayer Game Checklist: only if there`s online Trophies or 2P Trophies if not then I ignore the multiplayer altogether.