PlayStation Network Store Idea...

prototypehobo

i know sony has that 1 hour trial with some games and it's good but it's not long enough and the trophy's don't sync to the server until you buy the full version...

mad.gif but wouldn't it be cool if sony would allow us to rent the games from thestore for 48 hours for as little as £$ 3.99 each plus allow us to sync the trophy's after the 48 hours are up! is this a great idea or what? hmm.gif

tell us all what you think! by posting...

Edited by ROBO3AG13

Renting from the PS Store? :hmm: I suppose that would be better than going to your local gaming store to rent the game. Though the only reason I got PS+ was to play the 1 hour trial, because that's all I need to determine whether or not I wanted the game. $3.99 is a little much to rent from the store, especially if it's a digital version of the game that you are renting for 48 hours.

Edited by DRaGoN-_-TaMeR

It would be great specially for those short games that can be easily 100% in a few hours.

i agree :)

It would be interesting. It could be like iTunes where you rent movies. Once you activate the game you then have 48 or 72 hours to play it as much as you want. It would also be beneficial to Sony and developers who are losing out money to Gamefly and such.

exactly... :)

yeah they would have to give a grace time for downloading or something... but yeah, that isn't a bad idea for sure... that way trophy hunters could rent low budget titles and such...

edit:

they probably wouldn't want to do it with the big budget titles because their goal is to sell as many as they can...

Edited by piggie_pie

That is why your time wouldn't start until you activate the game (like on iTunes). So you download it on wednesday and start playing it on Friday if you want.

ISPs in North America would love this. It would demolish everyone's bandwidth limits and they would get away with charging hundreds of dollars a month for internet overage fees. I like the idea, but I hate NA ISPs.

ISPs in North America would love this. It would demolish everyone's bandwidth limits and they would get away with charging hundreds of dollars a month for internet overage fees. I like the idea, but I hate NA ISPs.

Really? I have unlimited Bandwidth with Shaw, maybe you need to change Internet providers?

Really? I have unlimited Bandwidth with Shaw, maybe you need to change Internet providers?

I definitely do need to switch, but with that being said the two major providers where I live are Rogers and Bell, both of which charge ridiculous overage fees. The next place I live I am going to go with TechSavvy, because I'm pretty sure they don't have ridiculous limits. That being said, the majority of people up here definitely use those two providers I said before so those companies would still go crazy over Sony offering a digital rental system like that!

Personally, I feel an hour is enough time to decide if you like the game enough to purchase it or not, and I would never rent a game from the PlayStation Store simply because it would take too long for me to download.

Parker

Yeah, this makes alot of sense. However it is a good idea to be able to rent games, although Sony would probably never allow it as they want maximum dollars for a full purchase and who can blame them?

Yeah, this makes alot of sense. However it is a good idea to be able to rent games, although Sony would probably never allow it as they want maximum dollars for a full purchase and who can blame them?

even when the hours up! and we hate the game we are stuck with it on our trophy list with no option to remove the game! yes i agree an hour is just right but they could at least allow us to delete the game from our trophy list once the hours up! Edited by ROBO3AG13

even when the hours up! and we hate the game we are stuck with it on our trophy list with no option to remove the game! yes i agree an hour is just right but they could at least allow us to delete the game from our trophy list once the hours up!

YES, Sony should allow us to delete games off the trophy list in which we have no trophies earned.

Well, if they indeed kill the used games market this could turn into a "solution", they take over the business and have another source of income.

On topic, 48h is not a trial xD I must say I'm against the trophy problem, they shouldn't implement trophies on trials if you can't sync them anyway.

• Like 1

Well, if they indeed kill the used games market this could turn into a "solution", they take over the business and have another source of income.

On topic, 48h is not a trial xD I must say I'm against the trophy problem, they shouldn't implement trophies on trials if you can't sync them anyway.

you got a point there... if there trials they should not have any trophy's at all! (Liked this post) :)