Severe Frame Rate Drops

SuperSaiyan3985

I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced a tremendous amount of frame rate drops in this game. Don't get me wrong I love the game, I'm having a blast with it, but it drops frames like a mofo. Whenever things get even slightly hectic my game turns into a slideshow and we all know how much that sucks. I honestly don't know why the game does this, it's easily the game with the most frame rate drops that I've ever played at this point.

Where have you been? The FR Drops in this game are well documented, see here for example (running Patch 1.05, IDK if there are more recent patches):

3 minutes ago, Death_Ninja said:

I read that PS4 Pro's Boost Mode does wonders for the game's performance

It does a bit, but not perfect:

Spoiler

It's manageable, but out of all the games I have on the PS4 it's probably the worst performing. I mean, I can see why, the game looks amazing, but the performance (particularly at launch) stopped me from getting into it. I really don't care about 30/60fps and all that stuff but in a game all about action and big explosions it sucks to see it just shit the bed when it gets too hectic. Still a brilliant game though.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2017 at 1:30 PM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I actually quit playing this before beating it because it drove me crazy how bad this game ran. Thankfully I got it on sale pretty cheap so wasn't a major loss in my eyes lol

Haha yeah I got mine on Black Fridat for $15...but then I bought the Season Pass for $25 >.<

On 4/27/2017 at 0:39 PM, Death_Ninja said:

Yeah, it's been a problem since launch. Actually it was even worse when it came out believe it or not. Game is a mess technically speaking.

Although I read that PS4 Pro's Boost Mode does wonders for the game's performance.

Too bad I don't have a Pro.

On 4/27/2017 at 3:46 PM, SkyMason said:

It's manageable, but out of all the games I have on the PS4 it's probably the worst performing. I mean, I can see why, the game looks amazing, but the performance (particularly at launch) stopped me from getting into it. I really don't care about 30/60fps and all that stuff but in a game all about action and big explosions it sucks to see it just shit the bed when it gets too hectic. Still a brilliant game though.

100% agree, it's so damn fun. IMO if only the performance were refined it'd be a better game than WD2. 

On 4/27/2017 at 3:37 PM, PerryToxteth said:

There are occasional frame rate drops but in no way does it make the game unplayable. Out of the 50+ hours I put into the game, noticeable frame rate drops happened for less than five minutes of the entire time played. 

Less than five minutes? I was getting them every time I'd raid a base.

• 3 months later...

Yeah, it's horrible. If multiple explosions go off, welcome 10 fps. Also, there is a lot of enviroment missing (like when the sky was supposed to be invaded by planes, you could only see one), NPCs are really scarce and traffic is almost inexistent. Its a great game, but horrible for a PS4. If you watch a PC gameplay, well...I can just say I'm dissapointed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2017 at 7:15 AM, AtotheMtotheZ said:

Yeah, it's horrible. If multiple explosions go off, welcome 10 fps. Also, there is a lot of enviroment missing (like when the sky was supposed to be invaded by planes, you could only see one), NPCs are really scarce and traffic is almost inexistent. Its a great game, but horrible for a PS4. If you watch a PC gameplay, well...I can just say I'm dissapointed.

Yeah I hear runs great on the Pro, and at least it's free this month so you can't really go wrong with it.

• Like 1