Summer 2017 Backlog Challenge

This is something I need for sure! (I've wanted to join for a while but haven't had the time!)

I'll post my list a bit closer to the starting time! :)

Alright, here we go, the games for this summer will be....

1. Dead Space (PS3) - 1%

2. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS3) - 0%

3. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (PS4) - 0%

4. Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Trilogy Pack (PS4) - 0%

5. ToeJam & Earl (PS3) - 0%

5.5 ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron (PS3) - 0%

Mostly 0% games that I have tried for a short while but never finished. A few short ones to make up for the time Dead Space + Assassin's Creed will take. Looking forward to this! :D 

Edited by Liioni
Adding list!

I would love to sign up need to think of a list though!

Although number one on the list is definitely Mass Effect Andromeda 

1. Mass Effect Andromeda (18%)

2. Assassin's Creed Revelations (0%)

3. Arslan: The Warriors of Legend (18%)

4. Strider (0%)

5. Earthlock: Festival of Magic (0%)

Thats my list for now i'll add more as I complete them.

Edited by RingUnlimited
Added my list.

On 5/6/2017 at 1:02 AM, Liioni said:

This is something I need for sure! (I've wanted to join for a while but haven't had the time!)

On 5/6/2017 at 4:26 AM, RingUnlimited said:

I would love to sign up need to think of a list though!

Although number one on the list is definitely Mass Effect Andromeda 

Added

I'm in.

Tenative list (may completely change between June and now depending on how many games I finish):

1. Star Wars Force Unleashed II (PS3) - 0%

2. Volume (PS4) - 0%

3. Chambara (PS4) - 0%

4. SteinsGate (PS3) - 0%

5. FreezeMe (PS4) - 0%

6. Lara Croft Go (PS4) - 0%

7. Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions (PS3) - 0%

• Like 1

On May 2, 2017 at 2:44 AM, Wdog-999 said:

I'll be joining in this time. Barely did anything last time because April was loaded with shit to do in college, but now that I have no classes until after this one ends, I'll hopefully get it all done.

Final Fantasy VII: 10%

Nier: Automata: 0%

Fairy Fencer f (Any version because they are all at exactly the same point): 3%

AR NOSURGE PLUS: 3%

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 (Korean): 23%

Minecraft Story Mode: 13%

Demon Gaze Global Edition: 5%

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 (Korean): 11%

Hyperdimension Neptunia (Korean): 16%

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair: 15%

Akiba'STrip: Undead and Undressed (PS3 EN): 7%

Criminal Girls (JP): 1%

Mugen Souls Z: 1%

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (Korean): 7%

Time and Eternity (EN): 15%

Decided to swap out Miku for Nier: Automata since I'm not sure I can really handle a hard game while also doing all of the grindfests I have planned.

• Like 1

Foster Addison, just letting you know that I may have to remove Grim Legends, Nightmares from the Deep 2, and Eventide from my list - even though they are cheap, energy bills and food come first. With all my bills, rent and groceries each month, I eek out $80 remaining, so I can't afford to buy any AAA titles unless I beg my parents to hire me for grunt work or to watch over their mutts for a while(dad gets pretty generous with the pay on that since I can be paid off with less than 70% what it'd cost to board two dogs). Yes, I am unemployed and lousy at getting a job and a lot of things that I am not proud of. So I can't afford to buy much in games even if they are less then $10.

Sorry - I didn't mean to bleed my heart to you guys, just letting you know that I will probably have to shorten the list to games I own and start dropping out of events until I fix my current financial situation so I can buy the good stuff, which I am not good at doing. :(

18 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

Foster Addison, just letting you know that I may have to remove Grim Legends, Nightmares from the Deep 2, and Eventide from my list - even though they are cheap, energy bills and food come first. With all my bills, rent and groceries each month, I eek out $80 remaining, so I can't afford to buy any AAA titles unless I beg my parents to hire me for grunt work or to watch over their mutts for a while(dad gets pretty generous with the pay on that since I can be paid off with less than 70% what it'd cost to board two dogs). Yes, I am unemployed and lousy at getting a job and a lot of things that I am not proud of. So I can't afford to buy much in games even if they are less then $10.

Sorry - I didn't mean to bleed my heart to you guys, just letting you know that I will probably have to shorten the list to games I own and start dropping out of events until I fix my current financial situation so I can buy the good stuff, which I am not good at doing. :(

You're still within the time frame you can change things, so don't worry about it. Hope things get better for you.

1. Final Fantasy X-2 HD 24%

2. htoL#NiQ - The Firefly Diary 19%

3. Time and Eternity 18%

4. Muramasa Rebirth 18%

5. Kingdom Hearts 15%

6. Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny 10%

7. Ateiler Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland 8%

8. Resonance of Fate 4%

9. Final Fantasy XIII 4%

10. Kingdom Hearts 15%

11. Kingdom Hearts II 2%

12. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 2%

So this is my list as of now, assuming I don't end up getting enough trophies that I have to remove a couple of these since a few are carry overs.  It amounts to pretty much everything I have started and not gotten above 20-25% in.  If by some miracle the stars align and I can actually plat all of these, my backlog would be nearly gone, on PSN at least.  But who am I kidding, I probably won't and I just like these events because they push some decent progress in the backlog.

13 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

1. Final Fantasy X-2 HD 24%

2. htoL#NiQ - The Firefly Diary 19%

3. Time and Eternity 18%

4. Muramasa Rebirth 18%

5. Kingdom Hearts 15%

6. Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny 10%

7. Ateiler Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland 8%

8. Resonance of Fate 4%

9. Final Fantasy XIII 4%

10. Kingdom Hearts 15%

11. Kingdom Hearts II 2%

12. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 2%

So this is my list as of now, assuming I don't end up getting enough trophies that I have to remove a couple of these since a few are carry overs.  It amounts to pretty much everything I have started and not gotten above 20-25% in.  If by some miracle the stars align and I can actually plat all of these, my backlog would be nearly gone, on PSN at least.  But who am I kidding, I probably won't and I just like these events because they push some decent progress in the backlog.

Whatever works, right?

So after a certain debacle that I will not mention, I finalized the list for this challenge. I won't be changing it before the event starts.

Platinums:

•  Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories (0%)
  •  Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (0%)
  •  Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD (0%)
  •  World of Final Fantasy (14%)
  •  Dark Cloud (0%)
  •  The Deadly Tower of Monsters (0%)
  •  Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (0%)

100%:

•  The Unfinished Swan (0%)
  •  Gone Home: Console Edition (0%)
  •  A Boy and His Blob (0%)
  • Like 1

I skipped last time, but now that I am almost done with Nier: Automata, I can get some backlog cleared.  Here is what I have so far

Abzu 0%

Batman: The Telltale game 21%

Streets of Rage 2 9%

Whispering Willows Vita 0%

Home PS4 0%

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 10%

I have a list of others I'll add as I complete games

12 hours ago, jasondm300 said:

I skipped last time, but now that I am almost done with Nier: Automata, I can get some backlog cleared.  Here is what I have so far

Abzu 0%

Batman: The Telltale game 21%

Streets of Rage 2 9%

Whispering Willows Vita 0%

Home PS4 0%

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 10%

I have a list of others I'll add as I complete games

Added.

Sign me up! I'll try to finish up COD: Advanced Warfare before June 1 so I can jump right in.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (PS4): 0%

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (PS4): 1%

Far Cry 4 (PS4): 0%

Titan Souls (Vita): 8%

Table Top Racing: World Tour (PS4): 16%

The Division (PS4): 12%

Proteus (Vita): 0%

6 hours ago, Rach said:

Count me in for this :)  

Would I be able to post my list a little closer to the start?  As it will all depend on how soon I finish CoM and what I play afterwards :)

Yeah. Several have signed up and haven't given their lists yet. 

1 hour ago, Denvirus said:

Sign me up! I'll try to finish up COD: Advanced Warfare before June 1 so I can jump right in.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (PS4): 0%

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (PS4): 1%

Far Cry 4 (PS4): 0%

Titan Souls (Vita): 8%

Table Top Racing: World Tour (PS4): 16%

The Division (PS4): 12%

Proteus (Vita): 0%

All right. Best of luck!

• Like 1

On 2017-5-6 at 8:02 AM, Liioni said:

Alright, here we go, the games for this summer will be....

1. Dead Space (PS3) - 1%

2. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS3) - 0%

3. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (PS4) - 0%

4. Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Trilogy Pack (PS4) - 0%

5. ToeJam & Earl (PS3) - 0%

5.5 ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron (PS3) - 0%

Mostly 0% games that I have tried for a short while but never finished. A few short ones to make up for the time Dead Space + Assassin's Creed will take. Looking forward to this! :D 

Updated my original post with my list! So hard to not start right away! :)

• Like 1

Ooh Injustice 2 is coming out next week so I will add that to the list too!

So my list is now 

1. Mass Effect Andromeda (18%)

2. Assassin's Creed Revelations (0%)

3. Arslan: The Warriors of Legend (18%)

4. Strider (0%)

5. Earthlock: Festival of Magic (0%)

6. Injustice 2 (0%)

7. Nights of Azure (0%)

8. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments (0%)

9. The Order 1886 (0%)

10. Wheels of Aurelia (0%)

Edited by RingUnlimited
May as well do ten

Well!

I am certainly GLAD I dropped Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart from my list!!!! ?

I didn't realize that the Mahjong parts are so freakin' terrible! You have to move the cursor over each tile with the left analog and it moves very choppily, taking a second to move to each tile! Worse, the game auto-saves mid Mahjong so you keep the time it takes, so you have to basically back up the last auto-save before the Mahjong game, which means you have to upload to the cloud, try it, go back and download the save from the cloud if you take too long, and go through the whole motions of breaking into the emergency case again!

GGAAAAAAH! RAGE!! I'LL NEVER PLATINUM THIS GAME!!!! ?

I hope that the other games in the series don't f*ck me up like this. The rest of the game is great, but the Mahjong games to skip a puzzle... I was fooled by Clockwork Tales, I didn't realize how bad this game is in that aspect.

1 hour ago, MidnightCJ said:

Well!

I am certainly GLAD I dropped Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart from my list!!!! 1f63e.png

I didn't realize that the Mahjong parts are so freakin' terrible! You have to move the cursor over each tile with the left analog and it moves very choppily, taking a second to move to each tile! Worse, the game auto-saves mid Mahjong so you keep the time it takes, so you have to basically back up the last auto-save before the Mahjong game, which means you have to upload to the cloud, try it, go back and download the save from the cloud if you take too long, and go through the whole motions of breaking into the emergency case again!

GGAAAAAAH! RAGE!! I'LL NEVER PLATINUM THIS GAME!!!! 1f47a.png

I hope that the other games in the series don't f*ck me up like this. The rest of the game is great, but the Mahjong games to skip a puzzle... I was fooled by Clockwork Tales, I didn't realize how bad this game is in that aspect.

What a shame, time to make a new account I guess.

• Like 4

This is a great idea. I'm in. I think five is all I can manage, so here they are. And yeah, these are fairly easy platinums. But I only have 3 platinums total. 

1. Rockets Rockets Rockets (22%)

2. Night in the Woods (10%)

3. Mad Max (24%)

4. Far Cry 3 (PS3) (91%)

5. Fallout 4 (71%)

2 hours ago, macwade_99 said:

This is a great idea. I'm in. I think five is all I can manage, so here they are. And yeah, these are fairly easy platinums. But I only have 3 platinums total. 

1. Rockets Rockets Rockets (22%)

2. Night in the Woods (10%)

3. Mad Max (24%)

4. Far Cry 3 (PS3) (91%)

5. Fallout 4 (71%)

Hopefully the patch for Night in the Woods will be out before the event starts, since it's an unobtainable plat at the moment. ☹️