Breach Really That Hard?

Well. this game is on sale right now and I thought of buying it. As usual, I check if I can Plat it in the future once I buy it. The rarest trophies are the breach once. So I wonder why. What is the Breach mode exactly? I've seen a few videos about it and it's like Running-puzzle-timed thing? Is it really that hard to complete or do people just don't play it?

It starts off pretty difficult if you're still in the mind set of playing the regular game, but once you shake this mindset it's pretty easy just time consuming. My strategy wound up being to just ignore all the enemies and run around collecting the nodes. Was a little hard early on due to high HP but once I got some levels under my belt it went pretty quick after getting things like Triple Jump/High Jump and maxed out Camo.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got all the Breach trophies in the base game and the extended set in DLCs, and while Breach is doable after you approach as a separate game, it's also extremely tedious and the later levels heavily favor Stealth-based augmentations, to the point where you need to ghost the whole map to have a fighting chance of finishing it.

If you're deciding whether to get the game based on Breach, I say go for it.

• Like 1

Personally I found it to be a less-than-subtle cash grab attempt. It encourages you to spend money at most opportunities, and without sensible item and ammo management some of the more difficult levels will put off many people or force them into buyin packs to progress. It's a shame, as the main game is excellent, and I don't know why they insist upon trying to ruin a great game. Luckily it's doable without spending money at all. 

• Like 1

I've just finished tier 2. The worst thing is, that this looks like some free-to-play game by its mechanic. In the beginning you get some nice stuff, but you're forced to use them in a way game tells you to. There are 2 types of currencies there, common credits (for the most time useless), and chips which you have to pay for. So basically nice idea (as it's pretty decent Deus Ex mode), but shitty outcome

• Like 1