Can someone explain the time it takes to unlock heroes?

Frozen_Guardian

I noticed the game gave me 400 currency to buy heroes but I need at least 525 to buy a hero. I also noticed when you kill enemies you get occasional drops of this currency. How much do they give you in game for completing tasks before it becomes pure grind? 

For those that haven't played, you can't progress past level 10 on a character you don't own and you hit level 10 basically within 1 hour of playing. So in my current situation I have to go grind 150 of these orbs to actually continue progressing...?

edit: I said the wrong value. It is 525 splinters of currency.

Edited by Frozen_Guardian

20 minutes ago, Frozen_Guardian said:

I noticed the game gave me 400 currency to buy heroes but I need at least 550 to buy a hero. I also noticed when you kill enemies you get occasional drops of this currency. How much do they give you in game for completing tasks before it becomes pure grind? 

For those that haven't played, you can't progress past level 10 on a character you don't own and you hit level 10 basically within 1 hour of playing. So in my current situation I have to go grind 150 of these orbs to actually continue progressing...?

Its a bug that tutorial gives only 400 , they change it next week to 525 so everyone can buy a charakter.

For you and everyone else in early acess: go in your inventory , on second tab supplies you find 5 additional "100 slinter" items. use them and you end with 900 total .

For your question , i played whole day (i guess around 10h) and i found around 90 splinter with drops . i dont know if anything change late game but thats what i can tell you.

Just now, rpg49ers said:

So, the cheapest heroes cost 550 splinters?

Get Five Heroes to Level 60. That means we need 2750 splinters.

No , most cost 525 , but there are  few cheaper ones , Angela is 250 , Nova is 250 , squirrel girl is 250 .

so If you dont have early acess you start with 525 , gives you one charkter  so you need atleast 750 + 525 = 1275 .... thats the cheapest way to earn this trophy . if you have early acess and maybe founder pack with already unlocked charakter it gets cheaper.

36 minutes ago, Xionx said:

Its a bug that tutorial gives only 400 , they change it next week to 525 so everyone can buy a charakter.

For you and everyone else in early acess: go in your inventory , on second tab supplies you find 5 additional "100 slinter" items. use them and you end with 900 total .

For your question , i played whole day (i guess around 10h) and i found around 90 splinter with drops . i dont know if anything change late game but thats what i can tell you.

You sir deserve a medal. I wondered what the hell happened. I just found it and got pushed to 900 currency. 

25 minutes ago, rpg49ers said:

So, the cheapest heroes cost 550 splinters?

Get Five Heroes to Level 60. That means we need 2750 splinters.

My mistake you need 525 for most. They will give all users a free Daredevil hero that isn't in the game yet. They created some confusion by stating it was for closed beta people but I think they said everyone gets it.

Free Hero (Dare Devil) + Squirrel Girl (250 splinters ) + Nove (250 splinters) + Angela (250 splinters) + Any 525 splinter character

You need 1275 splinter- 900 freebie = 375 splinters

This is why I couldn't get into it on PC. It's ridiculously expensive to actually buy heroes, and it's really stingy with giving out currency. Plus, a lot of characters are just reskins, but are just as, if not more, expensive than the actual hero. It's just not worth if you want to play anything but the one character you start with.

1 minute ago, Frozen_Guardian said:

You sir deserve a medal. I wondered what the hell happened. I just found it and got pushed to 900 currency. 

My mistake you need 525 for most. They will give all users a free Daredevil hero that isn't in the game yet. They created some confusion by stating it was for closed beta people but I think they said everyone gets it.

Free Hero (Dare Devil) + Squirrel Girl (250 splinters ) + Nove (250 splinters) + Angela (250 splinters) + Any 525 splinter character

You need 1275 splinter- 900 freebie = 375 splinters

Oh right i forgot daredevil. So at end of day (over 12h gaming) i got around 100 splinters .... so still grindy but i think by leveling 5 charakter and prestige (2 times) you will find enough splinters to buy enough characters (if you dont care to buy the 3 cheap ones)

On 5/21/2017 at 1:28 PM, Xionx said:

Oh right i forgot daredevil. So at end of day (over 12h gaming) i got around 100 splinters .... so still grindy but i think by leveling 5 charakter and prestige (2 times) you will find enough splinters to buy enough characters (if you dont care to buy the 3 cheap ones)

Technically you can spend your Splinters on a 525 hero at the start, like me who used it on Punisher who was 525.  But yeah, getting the right Splinters will take some time... can be less if you're willing to spend real money on them or not.

Still takes a bit to collect Splinters, but at least it's not a rare drop, more of an uncommon one really if anything.

3 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Technically you can spend your Splinters on a 525 hero at the start, like me who used it on Punisher who was 525.  But yeah, getting the right Splinters will take some time... can be less if you're willing to spend real money on them or not.

Still takes a bit to collect Splinters, but at least it's not a rare drop, more of an uncommon one really if anything.

I read in main forum that you have global cooldown of 6 min for splinter drop. So you get 10 splinter per hour if you kill enemys all the time.  so 52 hours for 520 splinter. 

In reality it is more than this because of multi drops (like sometimes enemy drop 5 instead of 1) . But on same time if you spend time in HQ you dont get splinters.  Aprox 50 hours for a new character (525)

6 hours ago, Xionx said:

I read in main forum that you have global cooldown of 6 min for splinter drop. So you get 10 splinter per hour if you kill enemys all the time.  so 52 hours for 520 splinter. 

In reality it is more than this because of multi drops (like sometimes enemy drop 5 instead of 1) . But on same time if you spend time in HQ you dont get splinters.  Aprox 50 hours for a new character (525)

Ah well, I'll get my Kitty Pryde eventually! Especially with having around 214 Splinter so far, which I think is a good amount so far, since I am spending time doing other stuff too.

On 2017-05-27 at 6:16 AM, Xionx said:

Well every time I go back to HQ, sell/donate/equip new stuff and all that management nonsense. I get a splinter pretty much guaranteed from the first batch of enemies I fight.(or multiples - if I get more than 1 it's usually 4 for some reason, not complaining though]

Edited by Elvick_

3 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Well every time I go back to HQ, sell/donate/equip new stuff and all that management nonsense. I get a splinter pretty much guaranteed from the first batch of enemies I fight.(or multiples - if I get more than 1 it's usually 4 for some reason, not complaining though]

Yeah , thats because this hidden global cooldown for drop runs to zero, so next enemys is guaranteed drop, and cooldown starts again ticking. This system prevents that ppl with more or less luck are not to far away of each other. But still there is the "multi drop" proc which can help aswell. If you think about it , its a neat system. Even if i think the characters are little bit to expansiv , not much.

7 minutes ago, Xionx said:

Yeah , thats because this hidden global cooldown for drop runs to zero, so next enemys is guaranteed drop, and cooldown starts again ticking. This system prevents that ppl with more or less luck are not to far away of each other. But still there is the "multi drop" proc which can help aswell. If you think about it , its a neat system. Even if i think the characters are little bit to expansiv , not much.

imo the prices should be reduce to the PC prices. I know there are fewer characters, but I don't think that's enough to justify raising the splinter pricing. I think that alone would be fine, and the rate is okay [at least for me - I get quite a few multi-drops]. Hopefully they listen to feedback on it, and don't keep it at these prices with this drop rate. Because the two combined aren't the greatest option.

I just play the game and every time I get level 60 with a character, I have enough splinters for a new hero. I am talking about the cheapest heroes, those of about 250. When you start the game you get enough splinters for a normal hero or two cheapest heroes, plus a free Daredevil.